Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on Drimnagh Lodge Clondalkin

• 23-04-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    i was wondering if anybody has any information on Drimnagh Lodge in Clondalkin and Stonehouse Ballyfermot. It was located on the Naas Road where Woodies is currently.
    As far as I can tell Drimnagh Lodge was owned by my 3rd great uncle Michael Flood. From my research in Thom's Directory Michael lived there in 1906.
    The Floods were from the Fox and Geese in Clondalkin and had a lime burning business at Red Cow and owned property and land.
    I also see in 1884 Thom's Directory Michael Flood lived in Stonehouse in Ballyfermot. Stonehouse was standing where Markiewicz Park is currently. The last family to live in Stonehouse were the Merriman family.
    I have no information on the family only in later Thom's Directories the family did not own any of these properties.
    Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

I see a newspaper advertisement about the sale of Drimnagh lodge & 33 acres of land in 1864 [Dublin Evening Mail 21 May 1864 p4]. Sounds like a beautiful place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pflood1978

KildareFan wrote: »
    I see a newspaper advertisement about the sale of Drimnagh lodge & 33 acres of land in 1864 [Dublin Evening Mail 21 May 1864 p4]. Sounds like a beautiful place.

Thanks KildareFan for that date. I checked that on Newspapers.com and got a lot of great information and description of the house. I agree the house sounds really nice. Pity it was knocked down.
    now to find out where the Flood family moved to after they sold the house.

Advertisement