Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Car Stereo

• 17-02-2003 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe someone on this list can help..

Wanna get a new stereo for my car (a '97 Renault Scenic), as the old one is on it's last legs (automatically turns off every 9 minutes (exactly))...

So, I'm wondeirng, can I get a new one to fit into the space of the old one, which will also use the Renault display, and the steering wheel remote control (i.e. stalk)? I can find very little info on the web..

Also, anyone know of any good online or Dublin-based car stereo dealers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Have you tried the local renault dealership??? Normally they will be able to help you for things like this. They may even be able to fix it for you.

Failing that they can try and sell you a new one, or offer suggestions on where to buy a suitable radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping to upgrade the stereo at the same time, e.g. get something that will play mp3s.

I also wouldn't dream of returning to the Renault dealership, as all prices are way over the top for replacement parts.. Gave the car a small dint two years ago, and it was out of action for 7 weeks, while waiting for replacement parts from the Irish Renault Dealerships (same excuse every time: Replacement parts got lost on the boat on the way over).

Cheers anyway.. Anyone else have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

AFAIK (and I don't know a great deal about these things), if your stereo socket (for want of a better word) has an ISO connector and you install a new stereo that fits this, everything that worked before will work after the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

That's if my current car uses the ISO standard, right? :confused:
    Like I said, impossible to find any useful info on the web..

Thanks for the info...

Advertisement