Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Currently mainly wearing ASICS GT 2000. I’ve also got a pair of Hoka Infinite. I’ve been alternating the Hoka’s a bit but they’ve never really suited me, I get a bit of blistering along one arch and i think they cause some tightness around my ankles when I switch back to the ASICS.

I’m looking for an alternative to roatate with the GT 2000’s something that’s not too expensive. I’ve had Kayano’s before and I might get another pair at some stage but not at the moment.

Anyone any recommendations? Something with similar cushioning and support to the GT2000’s. Open to any brand really. Looking for value for money as an alternative pair. Mostly be used for 3-10 mile easy runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Currently mainly wearing ASICS GT 2000. I’ve also got a pair of Hoka Infinite. I’ve been alternating the Hoka’s a bit but they’ve never really suited me, I get a bit of blistering along one arch and i think they cause some tightness around my ankles when I switch back to the ASICS.

I’m looking for an alternative to roatate with the GT 2000’s something that’s not too expensive. I’ve had Kayano’s before and I might get another pair at some stage but not at the moment.

Anyone any recommendations? Something with similar cushioning and support to the GT2000’s. Open to any brand really. Looking for value for money as an alternative pair. Mostly be used for 3-10 mile easy runs.

The new season Brooks adrenaline are getting amazing reviews across the board, I’m loving the brooks bedlam after about two weeks, but the Kayano 25 will be hard to top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Hey folks,

am approaching the 500 mile mark with the Brooks Ravenna 9's I bought last August so I reckon the time for me to invest in a new pair is approaching.

The Ravenna is classed as a support shoe.The pair previous to that were Asics Duomax and were sold to me a shoe with extra support.

Is it the general rule that you stick with the same 'type' of running shoe or would you recommend a gait analysis test every time before investing in a new pair?

you could go for a lighter and more responsive (almost more of a factor than lightness as to how fast a shoe feels) stability shoe like the Adidas Adizero Tempo 9 boost

boost has very good durability also so lasts pretty well

http://www.theactiveguy.com/review/adidas-adizero-tempo-9-boost-shoe-review/

https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/gear/shoes/adidas-adizero-tempo-9-review/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

glasso wrote: »
    you could go for a lighter and more responsive (almost more of a factor than lightness as to how fast a shoe feels) stability shoe like the Adidas Adizero Tempo 9 boost

boost has very good durability also so lasts pretty well

http://www.theactiveguy.com/review/adidas-adizero-tempo-9-boost-shoe-review/

https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/gear/shoes/adidas-adizero-tempo-9-review/

Thanks!!! Will keep an eye out for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got a pair of gel kayano 24 lite show in kildare village today for 114 euro. I'll give them a go tomorrow

coogy wrote: »
    Thanks!!! Will keep an eye out for them!

note from the reviews the recommendation to go 1/2 size up on the adidas tempo 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭oinkely

Three new pairs of shoes arrived in the stable recently.

Newton MV3 zero drop racing yolks - bought from another boardsie. Light, fast and red - what more could you ask for! No issues with the zero drop. Have done about 15 km in them.

Northface trail runners - Ultra Vertical - €47 in Kildare Village outlet. These are grey and orange so not as fast as red. Wore them for a 21 km mountain run and a few shorter ones and no issues so far.

Impulse buy at the weekend - Altra Lone Peak 3.5 - was on a weekend break in Galway and saw these in a shop there. I have been curious about altra's with their zero drop and wide toe box for a while. Impulse buy as it was holiday money and have tried them out on a flat road 5k so far. Talk about comfortable, like having pillows strapped to your feet. Looking forward to a good belt in the mountains soon. Single most expensive shoe I have ever bought at €147. Normally I would expect to get three pairs for that price!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

coogy wrote: »
    Hey folks,

am approaching the 500 mile mark with the Brooks Ravenna 9's I bought last August so I reckon the time for me to invest in a new pair is approaching.

The Ravenna is classed as a support shoe.The pair previous to that were Asics Duomax and were sold to me a shoe with extra support.

Is it the general rule that you stick with the same 'type' of running shoe or would you recommend a gait analysis test every time before investing in a new pair?

I know I need moderate support shoes at a bare minimum, after 11 years of running I know that's what suits and my gait probably won't change.

I'm in the Brooks Adrenaline 18 at the moment, they are the most comfortable running shoes I've had in years.

Trying to find a women's 7.5 at a reasonable price is a pain though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Morning

Anyone every own a pair of Hoka One Hupana 2's? are they any good?

I see they are on sale on sportspursuit.com

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Howdy

I'm looking to bring a new pair of shoes into rotation. I currently wear NB 880v8 and NB880v7. Neutral cushioned shoes suit me best.

I mid foot strike and supinate slightly and have a wide foot (2E). I'm looking for an alternative to NB. Possibly lighter as it will be my marathon shoes in 9 weeks time.

Any suggestions appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Howdy

I'm looking to bring a new pair of shoes into rotation. I currently wear NB 880v8 and NB880v7. Neutral cushioned shoes suit me best.

I mid foot strike and supinate slightly and have a wide foot (2E). I'm looking for an alternative to NB. Possibly lighter as it will be my marathon shoes in 9 weeks time.

Any suggestions appreciated

Have you ever tried Nike Pegasus?

I alternate them with NB 880's and find them very comfortable. Not sure if they are lighter or not, but they might be a slightly larger fit than the 880's which can be quite snug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried Nike Pegasus?

I alternate them with NB 880's and find them very comfortable. Not sure if they are lighter or not, but they might be a slightly larger fit than the 880's which can be quite snug

I actually bought a pair after reading reviews but they were too small. Couldn't find them in local shops to try on so unsure about sizing.

What size are you on the 880s vs Nike Pegasus? I wear the 2E width and think the Nikes I got were not just a size too small but too narrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I actually bought a pair after reading reviews but they were too small. Couldn't find them in local shops to try on so unsure about sizing.

What size are you on the 880s vs Nike Pegasus? I wear the 2E width and think the Nikes I got were not just a size too small but too narrow too.

Curveball: Reebok Floatride Run Fast (I love this shoe).

https://www.roadtrailrun.com/2018/04/reebok-floatride-run-fast-multi-tester.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I actually wear the same size in both (9.5) but if you were to put a gun to my head I'd say the Nikes are marginally a better fit.

I'm not sure what width fitting I have tbh but I have a narrow enough foot so it's not an issue.

Took a while for me to break in the NB 880's iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Curveball: Reebok Floatride Run Fast (I love this shoe).

https://www.roadtrailrun.com/2018/04/reebok-floatride-run-fast-multi-tester.html

Just purchased the Forever Floatride Energy.

Will look at the Run Fasts when the my 2 Streak 6s die.

Just purchased the Forever Floatride Energy.

Will look at the Run Fasts when the my 2 Streak 6s die.

Think they are about 20% lighter, be interested to hear your feedback on the Forevers.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Think they are about 20% lighter, be interested to hear your feedback on the Forevers.

I only saw this review from Road Trail Run last night, they say to go a half size smaller :confused:!

I only saw this review from Road Trail Run last night, they say to go a half size smaller :confused:!

I did go half a size smaller on the run fast pro and the run fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Great value on Cotswold Outdoor site in adidas at the moment. e.g. Boston 7 for €84 and also with 20% off sale price with extra20 code! Looked at a pair of solar glide st yesterday and they were only €62 with the code. Should've bit the bullet then cos they're gone in my size now... :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭shockframe

Has anyone used here Joma shoes for running?

Was looking at a pair of Joma Marathon runners recently. Would be to replace a Pair of Nike Free RN 2017

https://www.deporvillage.net/sneakers-joma-marathon-yellow-fluor-black

Selling for around 80 euro so not expecting anything like Adidas or Asics standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Got my Nike Pegasus 35 Turbos Yesterday (I got the Grey with yellow sole in sportshoes for €120 with email code). Took them out for a run this morning which was 9 miles with 2 x 2 miles at 10k pace (6.30).
    First impressions are they are very comfortable, very similar to my Pegasus 35's but found there is more room in the toe box so had to lace them a bit tighter. They felt a bit soft to run in at the start but got used to it and really felt good at WU pace and had no problem speeding up to the faster pace.
    So overall i am very impressed but now need to see where they fit in as a rotation shoe with the peg 35's and what distance i could race in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭4Ad

boydkev wrote: »
    Got my Nike Pegasus 35 Turbos Yesterday (I got the Grey with yellow sole in sportshoes for €120 with email code). Took them out for a run this morning which was 9 miles with 2 x 2 miles at 10k pace (6.30).
    First impressions are they are very comfortable, very similar to my Pegasus 35's but found there is more room in the toe box so had to lace them a bit tighter. They felt a bit soft to run in at the start but got used to it and really felt good at WU pace and had no problem speeding up to the faster pace.
    So overall i am very impressed but now need to see where they fit in as a rotation shoe with the peg 35's and what distance i could race in them.

Hi Boydkev, just wondering if the turbo are worth it ? And if so why ?
    Thanks

Got a pair of Adidas Solar Glide St last week to replace my supernova st. Usually I don't have to break in new shoes but this time I'm having a tough time getting used to them. The fit seems good with plenty of room but the cushioning doesn't seem as soft underfoot and for some reason I'm getting a blister under the middle toe of the left foot! I hope things improve. Has anyone here got these shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Bahanaman wrote:
    Got a pair of Adidas Solar Glide St last week to replace my supernova st. Usually I don't have to break in new shoes but this time I'm having a tough time getting used to them. The fit seems good with plenty of room but the cushioning doesn't seem as soft underfoot and for some reason I'm getting a blister under the middle toe of the left foot! I hope things improve. Has anyone here got these shoes?

Yeah I have them. Not the same issues as you but I still get burny feet for at least a mile and I've 50 odd miles on them at this stage. Won't buy them again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Got my new Kayano 25s today, my second pair,
    There's just nothing like them, well worth the extra few quid in my opinion.

Yeah I have them. Not the same issues as you but I still get burny feet for at least a mile and I've 50 odd miles on them at this stage. Won't buy them again

Getting there with the breaking in at this stage after around 60 miles. Jury still out on them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Got a pair of Brooks Ricochet for 105 euro on Elverys website... started wearing them last night and really happy with them, seem a lot lighter than the ghost 10 they are replacing but similarly comfy. https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/Men/Footwear/Running/Brooks-Ricochet-Men%27s-Running-Shoe%2C-Black/p/000000000001087050_BLACK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭seanin4711

hoka one one now and next

Advertisement