Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administration of Deceased Estate

• 14-02-2019 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I need some advice, please. My uncle died some time ago and an aunt was supposed to sort out his estate, she obtained the services of a solicitor to work on her behalf as she was not in Ireland. She has died and as I am the only relation living in Ireland the Solicitor asked me to take on the role of Administrator of the Estate, I agreed and signed the paperwork. Since then I have had nothing but problems from relations although I have only received the necessary paperwork to act on the role a few weeks ago. I know dealing with the Estate will be a thankless task I no longer want to carry out. My question is Can I relinquish the role and can the the Solicitor now state he no longer wants to take on the role? Grateful for any advice.

Comments

Advertisement