Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applegreen Rewards / Loyalty Scheme

• 20-12-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,

Just a quick warning to others out there. Since I do quite a lot of motorway driving, last January I signed up for the Applegreen loyalty programme. Without being particularly loyal to Applegreen, I still managed to accumulate in the region of 1700 points (representing a spend of €1700).

To my initial delight, I yesterday received a mailing from them, including a voucher for a free carwash, free coffee and 'sweet treat', and a €5 fuel voucher.

However, apparently the nice folk at Applegreen took it upon themselves to convert 1175 of my points into this €5 fuel voucher, without any permission sought or warning given. And unless I somehow manage to get this unused voucher back to them, at an inconvenience to me, the points will not be restored to my account.

How can Applegreen go ahead and 'cash in' my points, which I was hoping to use on some of their other promotions.

Terrible <SNIP>!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Jaysus, just logged into my own Rewards account and they've done the same to me.

Sent an email off there to rewards@applegreen.ie

Perhaps you should do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It does say in the T&C's:
    Applegreen may from time to time at its discretion, where you have a total of at least 1175 points, or such other amount as may be set by Applegreen, convert the points into vouchers. The vouchers may be used in full or part payment of a transaction at any Applegreen station in the Republic of Ireland. Where you do not have the minimum number of points to qualify for vouchers, your points will remain on your Reward account to spend on Rewards or to carry forward to the next mailing of vouchers.

https://rewards.applegreen.ie/LoyaltyPortal/Message.aspx?code=TC

Which you agreed to when signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

cookie1977 wrote: »
    It does say in the T&C's:

https://rewards.applegreen.ie/LoyaltyPortal/Message.aspx?code=TC

Which you agreed to when signing up.

Cheers, read through it quickly there but didn't notice it.

You'd be fecked if you were saving up for something more than 1175 in that case (like most of the products on their Rewards page). If they are doing this on an ad-hoc basis, they should have a lot more products priced under that 1175 bracket - you know, so you can spend the points :)

I'd rather that they had donated this €5 to Jack in Jill, rather than a €5 fuel voucher, but that's just me of course.

Ach well, looks like each time I hit 1500, I'll be getting 2 for 1 beauty treatments.

It is sneaky alright. I'm hoping to save for a cinema ticket but I may get the voucher first if I'm not quick enough although I will say one thing that it is handy to get something incase I forget about the points. At least they dont lie there forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Just took a look at my own account there. I have 1,660 points.

had a look at the reward options I to be fair, the choices are very poor :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Aerman wrote: »

1700 points (representing a spend of €1700).

The amount of money you spend doesn't equal to the value of points.

If you look at your account you will see this. For example I spent €40 and recieved 24 points

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    The amount of money you spend doesn't equal to the value of points.

If you look at your account you will see this. For example I spent €40 and recieved 24 points
    For every 1 litre of fuel purchased - 1 point will be awarded. For every €1 spent in the shop – 4 points will be awarded.

https://rewards.applegreen.ie/LoyaltyPortal/public/UAMsg.aspx?code=TC

Doesn't anyone read T&C's anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aerman

Fair enough point about reading the T&Cs, happy enough to hold up my hands to that one. Also, I did ring Applegreen and in fairness the staff were very pleasant and helpful, so credit where it's due! However, I do think that the mailing and the practice of removing points at their discretion to be somewhat dubious. That's just me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

cookie1977 wrote: »

1 litre of fuel costs about €1.58 at the moment..

1.556 in my local applegreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The price of petrol is not relevant to this thread - please stay on topic.

dudara

The price of petrol dictates the points you'll get. It is relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deuces wild

dudara wrote: »
    The price of petrol is not relevant to this thread - please stay on topic.

dudara

Thats a good one really,the voucher can be used for fuel so obviously the price IS relevant,the cheaper the fuel the more value you get for your voucher...........
    Got mine yesterday and really have no problem with getting the voucher as I would probably not bothered with the points as the deals didnt suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What was being argued here was the fact that Applegreen redeemed the OP's points without (as he thought) his permission. That is the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Well I got mine in the post today but says to get it sent bk by dec 20th if I don't want to use them but sure that was yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭cargo

The date to send back unwanted vouchers is extended to 14th Jan but you still need to post them back to somewhere in Dublin at your own expense and inconvenience. Could they not just allow them to be handed back into the fuel stations?

I know it's in the T&C but still a shock to see it gone off my account. I had actually lost my card and logged into cancel it & get new card. I then saw this on the "outgoing" side of the rewards so thought someone had got their hands on my card and was cashing it in before I got to cancel it. (all €5 worth) :-)

Return address available on 01-5124884

Advertisement