Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cheers brother tedo.....I knew I could count on you *smiles*

Ta'd I had one beer yesterday and i woke up feeling fairly rough .

Seph, go back and read Ted's post again. I don't think it means what you think it means. :cool:;):pac:

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I have ever so slightly ripped my shirt pocket and now I can never wear this shirt again.

Some wonderweb/wundaweb/hemming tape and an iron (or a needle and some thread) should fix that for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Gonna be totally TMI here but I think I have a UTI. So uncomfortable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A 73-year-old after "liking" me on Tagged just now. :/

Head-phones not working in Laptop. Have tried a couple of pairs. I can't have nice things. :( I just seem to break everything I get my hands on. :rolleyes:

Feel un-well. Nauseous, Headachy, very weak, dizzy, awful growing pains in legs but I think that's Period-related, Achy all over, Tired as usual, and very shiver-y, like Hot n' cold. Gahhhhh. Sick of being sick, tired of being tired. :rolleyes: Stoopid body. Stoopid life. :mad:

I had a fourth thing to give out about too but I forget what now! :pac::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My feet are so cold that they are numb! Missing having my cat and missus in bed with me to keep me warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Shpud2 wrote:
    I have ever so slightly ripped my shirt pocket and now I can never wear this shirt again.

New Home wrote:
    Some wonderweb/wundaweb/hemming tape and an iron (or a needle and some thread) should fix that for you.

What Newie said, most small tears can be repaired. I have done a few running repairs on clothes in the past & still wear them now.

Maybe it is a case of my upbringing in the 80's of repair/recycle, or my major TA of clothes shopping

Not directed at you Shpud, but the general throw away nature across the board TA's me. Everything is just dumped rather than mended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Farmers, I swear these fellas are always on their knees, can't make a decent living on the bit of poor land they have, cattle prices are sooo bad, its not worth getting up.
    I'm doing a job for one at the minute, beginng to wonder where he's going to get the money to pay me the poor hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

KungPao wrote: »
    People who still have their umbrellas up 10 minutes after the rain stopped.
    Or umbrella users in general who I sometimes call 'tall-person haters'.

I'm annoyed by all of this recent page-talk in this thread. Why doesn't everyone just change their settings to the proper setting, ie. 40 posts per page. Or Boards.ie should make that the default. :cool:

Still, I just wanted to say after all this page 48 talk...you can sort of manipulate when the new page starts if you delete one of your earlier posts. So then, Poochie05's post on Page 48 will become the last posts on Page 47. :pac:

I forgot to say that I'm not impressed by the wetness of the weather this morning, or the wetness of my clothes. I'm even more annoyed that I haven't changed into the dry pair of jeans that I brought in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm on 157 now , slowly ascending the ladder :D

127, this never happened before so why now and why are setting changes suddenly required.. dubious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Needy people who constantly fish for sympathy. I've no time for that sh!t. Everyone needs to vent now and again but when it's relentless it feels like just give me attention, I'm two years old I swear!

Also people that dispense advice when someone's not looking for it ugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm annoyed by all of this recent page-talk in this thread. Why doesn't everyone just change their settings to the proper setting, ie. 40 posts per page. Or Boards.ie should make that the default. :cool:

Still, I just wanted to say after all this page 48 talk...you can sort of manipulate when the new page starts if you delete one of your earlier posts. So then, Poochie05's post on Page 48 will become the last posts on Page 47. :pac:

I have 40 posts per page, but this thread was still stuck to 47/48. And no, deleting posts didn't work either, just like posting something else didn't always work - that's why we were giving out and calling it a glitch (see relevant Helpdesk thread). Anyway, if you can't complain about something trivial here, where can you?

New Home wrote: »
    Anyway, if you can't complain about something trivial here, where can you?
    Yeah, well so can I! :P

Yeah, well so can I! :P

Damn it, you do have a point! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

2 hours to get into work today. 2 f*cking hours in the f*cking car not moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    2 hours to get into work today. 2 f*cking hours in the f*cking car not moving.

Did one LUAS block 3 bridges again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Itchy socks. Scratchy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

When in a shop and the person who is serving you starts to get you sorted and then fcuks off to start helping someone else and maybe a third person until they have several jobs half arse started and none of them finished.
    Was getting fitted for a suit lately and the woman working there started helping me.she then goes helping two others until we are all at the same sh1te and nobody close to getting sorted.same thing in a car dealership.trying to help everyone at the same time instead of getting one person sorted out and then moving onto the next person.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I'm so cold

I'm so cold

Felt it on morning cycle, that easterly would cut right through you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I'm so cold

I see that and raise "some **** has the window open".

I may borrow the first part of your Tryps!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

TA is my totally non-existent work life balance at the moment. And how work travel amounts to double the workload as I try to get my actual day-job duties done around my travel schedule.

It's turned me into a grouchy, perpetually pissed off, coffee-addicted moan-face with no emotional capacity to deal with ANYTHING and I'm tired of it! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Went to Iceland today,and came back to money off vouchers.For Iceland.I hate it when that happens.

Cramps and painkillers/anti-inflammatories doing feck all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Just rang my sons school to tell them the older boy can collect.And no answer.Im stuck in the house waiting on a delivery.Agh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

the slow turning cogs of the public sector..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I read that VERY wrong!

Sorry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Squeaky shoes. I sound like Squidward walking around the place. Won't be sneaking up on anyone today, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Is that you, Bart Simpson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

I read that VERY wrong!

Sorry!!

I read it and thought of Cleo!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Needy people who constantly fish for sympathy. I've no time for that sh!t. Everyone needs to vent now and again but when it's relentless it feels like just give me attention

I'm with you on that one, there's a person here on boards who is constantly like that, at this stage I'm beginning to think it's actually all a wind-up for the sake of getting attention, it's one drama after another with him :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement