Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Tamper issue on shock sensor

• 27-09-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, i live in a rented apartment where HKC intruder alarm is installed.

I am facing two problems, 1st is not bothering but 2nd is severely problematic.

1st - there is error popping on panel - panel battery fault, so i am not sure how to get it fixed?

2nd - twice or thrice a day alarm is kicking off and after checking log i found error Tamper - T3 Bedroom and it is a shock sensor installed on window. I've not touched it in the past and have no idea why it is giving a tamper alarm.

I know user and engineer code, so is there any way to turn off Tamper alarm for T3 from panel?

I tried omitting tamper but didn't helped. It is really irritating now... And i'm trying to avoid any electrical engineering myself. So if there is any easy way to disable tamper alarm for a time being?

Also, can anyone tell how much it might cost if I had to get it serviced by someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Does your landlord not cover the cost of repairs ??

If you have the engineer code, put it into engineer mode, that tamper condition will cause you no issues while the system is in engineer mode.

As regards getting someone to look at it for you, is the original installers details anywhere on the keypad or panel, i would start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 five1point

kub wrote: »
    Does your landlord not cover the cost of repairs ??

If you have the engineer code, put it into engineer mode, that tamper condition will cause you no issues while the system is in engineer mode.

As regards getting someone to look at it for you, is the original installers details anywhere on the keypad or panel, i would start there.

My owner is not an easy going person, he might cover the charges but may deduct from deposit too. Last i informed him of issue with 15 ur old hob, he warned me unnecessarily but eventually installed a new one...

Anyways, that will be a great help... I'll put alarm in Engineer's mode...

Is there any chance that changing panel battery will fix the tamper issue? As i've not touched it and couldn't find a reason for tamper alarm. So i am guessing maybe bad battery is causing that issue too? Any thoughts?

Also, i couldn't find installer details anywhere...not even on external alarm... which is strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

No the battery issue and the zone tamper issue are separate.

You could try and tighten the screws on all of the sensors on that zone because it could easily be a slightly loose detector cover that may be causing your issue.

Advertisement