Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricted retrieval of posts

• 26-04-2019 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a recent innovation whose effect is that I can only refer back to only a very small number of my posts. What is the reason for this? It seems a retrograde step in that if I am engaged in a subject I like to know what exactly I have previously posted about it. Also if I am engaging with another person on a subject it is sometimes helpful to know what they have previously posted about it. Can we revert to the status quo ante please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Trying to bring back some zombie threads (you've posted in Zombie Survival)?

We can't automatically quote posts from closed threads. I can certainly look at and quote your old posts.

Automatically.
    feargale wrote: »
    Lord North? ( well, it wasn't Mae West or Sean South anyway. )

Or if I manually frame the code
    feargale wrote: »
    I'd like to make a suggestion that might be more appropriate after London 2012, but then I don't know if this board will close with the closing ceremony, and anyway the Olympics to Ireland are like presidential elections. At the time we make all kinds of resolutions to reform things, and then forget until 6 months before next time around.
    How about setting up an olympic club in every substantial town in Ireland to promote olympic sports only? Existing clubs promoting an olympic sport might come under this umbrella or not as they choose.
    I know of one town, where some years ago a few hockey moms who had daughters playing hockey in 2 nearby schools, wanted to start a hockey club, and a blow-in guy who had played serious hockey was willing to coach, and had the guarantee of assistance from another veteran. It was hoped that a few immigrants and daughters of Indian/Pakistani personnel in the local hospital might make up the numbers. And it was hoped that it might in time engender mens' hockey in the town. It came to nought because it was the aspiration ohf a few dreamers who had nowhere to turn for support.
    So how about it ? The Olympic Club of Castlebar, Mullingar, Skibbereen etc. ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,101 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread moved from Zombie Survival

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi feargale,

I don't quite follow, I'm afraid. I can see what I believe is your entire posting history via the "Find more posts..." option in the dropdown menu after clicking your name: https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=539871&sort=newest

What way are you trying to search?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Victor wrote: »
    Trying to bring back some zombie threads (you've posted in Zombie Survival)?

We can't automatically quote posts from closed threads. I can certainly look at and quote your old posts.

Automatically.

Or if I manually frame the code

Sorry about that. I was trying to post in Feedback, but try as I might I couldn't locate that option, so in desperation I posted in Zombie Survival. It seems I added to the confusion in doing so. Thanks for transferring the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Good news .... Glad you got sorted, Feargale.

Bad news ..... I thought the Zombie forum was coming back to life! (pun intended) :-(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement