Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Las Vegas Shooting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

K.Flyer wrote: »
    There were definitely sounds of two different automatic weapons being used.
    My guess is that he had two set up on tri-pods and was using them both at the same time. Easily done.

There is an audio clip of dispatch where it was said they think there might be two.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Not looking for conspiracy, let's take it one step at a time.
    The footage of what looks to be gun fire coming from the fourth floor looks very suspicious, it looks like gun fire?

Unless anyone has a valid or reasonable explanation to what this is?
    Reflection from something.
    Faked footage by trolls.

What's the other explanation?

Are you going to ignore the questions I asked?

King Mob wrote: »
    Faked footage by trolls.

What questions have you asked?

It is possible the videos are fake but there are more than one of them.
    Reflections of what? The actual shooter?
    Police dispatch also thought there was a shooter on the 4th floor as it was happening.

The footage if it was fake was reported by CNN not long after it happened so someone would have had to edit it then send it to CNN pretty sharp.

The second angle kind of makes it being fake unlikely.

But could there be another explanation? Sure.... But as it looks it looks like gunfire.

Faked footage by trolls.

Just reading back I see your questions.

The the reasons why.... I have no answer, same way I have no answer to why this dude done this.
    I have no issue with the original story until I look at the footage.
    The footage if real looks very suspicious with regards the idea of possibly being a second shooter.

What questions have you asked?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104866989&postcount=28

These ones please.
    It's a bit pointless to answer your questions when the alternative you are obviously implying doesn't make any sense.

If you can't answer those questions, then pretty much every explanation is much more reasonable than the silly notion of a conspiracy.

• Advertisement

Just reading back I see your questions.

The the reasons why.... I have no answer, same way I have no answer to why this dude done this.
    I have no issue with the original story until I look at the footage.
    The footage if real looks very suspicious with regards the idea of possibly being a second shooter.
    So it's possible that there's a second shooter even though that it doesn't make sense...

Can you see the issue people might have with the conspiracy theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Faked footage by trolls.

Someone using the strobe torch feature on their phone ? I've seen many people with this enabled when their phone rings.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104866989&postcount=28

These ones please.
    It's a bit pointless to answer your questions when the alternative you are obviously implying doesn't make any sense.

If you can't answer those questions, then pretty much every explanation is much more reasonable than the silly notion of a conspiracy.

Your questions are erroneous.
    Your question is essentially "Why would they lie??". A question we cannot answer right up there with "Why did he shoot these people??"

You are ignoring evidence, footage shows what looks to be possible second shooter.

If is fake? Is it a reflection? What is it?

What I am asking is based on visible footage, what you are asking is the motivation to do something which may never be known!

Someone using the strobe torch feature on their phone ? I've seen many people with this enabled when their phone rings.

Possible, seem to be in sync with the gunfire, still suspicious.
    On the back if do you think it should just be ignored?

At the exact same time a guy was hammering a ground with machine gun someone was sitting at the window with a strobe effect on their phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

This might explain the flashing lights (alleged gunfire) from the lower windows

• Advertisement

chewed wrote: »
    This might explain the flashing lights (alleged gunfire) from the lower windows

No look at this video.

This video was taken while it was still ongoing.
    The video you have is after the fact when ambulances arrived.

What does this look like?
    There could be a reasonable explanation just not the one in the video you give.

Your questions are erroneous.
    Your question is essentially "Why would they lie??". A question we cannot answer right up there with "Why did he shoot these people??"

You are ignoring evidence, footage shows what looks to be possible second shooter.

If is fake? Is it a reflection? What is it?

What I am asking is based on visible footage, what you are asking is the motivation to do something which may never be known!
    You've missed the point of the questions.
    If They were behind the shooting, they wouldn't need two. It makes no sense for them to add a secret second shooter it offers no benefit for them.
    You admit you cannot explain why they would need a second shooter.
    And further, the addition of a second shooter would be a detriment to their plot as obviously it seems to blow the whole conspiracy.

So the idea they supplied a second shooter is silly.

If you are going to break from most conspiracy theorists and suggest that it was a real shooting and that there were extra shooters, then it makes no sense for them to cover up the second shooter, least of which the fact that they weren't able to do so apparently.

You don't have to provide an exact complete answer, but speculation of possible motives are easy to provide. Anyone can do that for the shooter.
    But you and conspiracy theorists cannot do that for the conspirators because the idea is inherently ridiculous.
    That's why people come out with notions like the illuminati are leaving clues because they are using tricksy satanist magic.

So yea, unless you can provide some viable, reasonable answer to my questions, no one is going to find the conspiracy you're implying seriously.

And it makes answering pedantic questions about the particulars of reasonable, mundane explanations pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

No look at this video.

This video was taken while it was still ongoing.
    The video you have is after the fact when ambulances arrived.

What does this look like?
    There could be a reasonable explanation just not the one in the video you give.

Why are you saying the flashing lights in the video I posted are not the same as the other video? In the other video, you can clearly see the lights still flashing even when the gunfire pauses.

You've missed the point of the questions.
    If They were behind the shooting, they wouldn't need two.

Who is they? I have not made any speculation around a specific conspiracy.
    It makes no sense for them to add a secret second shooter it offers no benefit for them.

Again who are "them"
    You are now speculating.
    You admit you cannot explain why they would need a second shooter.

No I don't, again who are "they" what I have said is their is evidence that seems to show a second shooter, the question you are jumping too is why have the authorities not released any information if there was a second shooter? No idea, if there was a second shooter maybe they escaped? Who knows I am open to any theory if the footage is correct.
    And further, the addition of a second shooter would be a detriment to their plot as obviously it seems to blow the whole conspiracy.
    Again "their" who are you referring to? and what plot? You seem to be the one that has completely went down the rabbit hole here to some kind of ultimate conspiracy conclusion.
    So the idea they supplied a second shooter is silly.

No your idea is silly, I am just trying to ascertain if the footage is fake or real and if real is it showing fun fire or something else?
    If you are going to break from most conspiracy theorists and suggest that it was a real shooting and that there were extra shooters, then it makes no sense for them to cover up the second shooter, least of which the fact that they weren't able to do so apparently.

You don't have to provide an exact complete answer, but speculation of possible motives are easy to provide. Anyone can do that for the shooter.
    But you and conspiracy theorists cannot do that for the conspirators because the idea is inherently ridiculous.
    That's why people come out with notions like the illuminati are leaving clues because they are using tricksy satanist magic.

So yea, unless you can provide some viable, reasonable answer to my questions, no one is going to find the conspiracy you're implying seriously.

And it makes answering pedantic questions about the particulars of reasonable, mundane explanations pointless.

This is also why people believed Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole gunman was able to reload a type of rife that no expert marksman has been able to replicate and how a "magic bullet" defined the laws of physics.

chewed wrote: »
    Why are you saying the flashing lights in the video I posted are not the same as the other video? In the other video, you can clearly see the lights still flashing even when the gunfire pauses.

The video you posted only shows a reporter after it was all over? And the reflection of the blue light in the back ground?

Gun fire and muzzle flashes will not always be in sync, I take on board there is a section where it looks like rapid flashes and a drop in the popping.
    But this looks like it was taken from a mobile phone.

Who is they? I have not made any speculation around a specific conspiracy.
    "They" being the authorities.

So do you agree that the idea of the government being behind the shooting is silly? Or is it something you think is a reasonable explanation?
    the question you are jumping too is why have the authorities not released any information if there was a second shooter?
    There was no second shooter, all the "evidence" are simply things that conspiracy theorist jump onto, but really have mundane explanations.

What other possible reason is there? Can you provide one?
    No your idea is silly, I am just trying to ascertain if the footage is fake or real and if real is it showing fun fire or something else?
    It's either fake or it shows something that is not gunfire.

It cannot be showing gun fire as then it would mean that there are two shooters and the authorities would have announced there are two shooters by now.
    Unless you are suggesting that there was some sort of conspiracy...?

Gun fire and muzzle flashes will not always be in sync,
    So it's in sync with the muzzle flashes until it is not...?

Here's a thought, maybe it's a constant flashing strobe across the street. This is not a crazy far out notion in Las Vegas.
    It only appears to be in sync for a brief moment, but it clearly doesn't match up exactly.
    And the only reason you don't see it the whole time is because there are palm trees passing in between the window and camera as the car drives by.

Here's a thought, maybe it's a constant flashing strobe across the street. This is not a crazy far out notion in Las Vegas.
    It only appears to be in sync for a brief moment, but it clearly doesn't match up exactly.
    And the only reason you don't see it the whole time is because there are palm trees passing in between the window and camera as the car drives by.

That is possible, but then we also have the dispatch, which talked about a possible shooter on the 4th floor.

Then you take the footage I have just shown, the person in the car was recording the area of the flashes and said it seems to be coming from up there, points to the area of the flashes then says "Oh sh1t"...

But I take on board they could of been mistaken.

It would never truly be in sync light and sound travel at different speeds.
    But then you have echo and then you have the fact it was being recorded on a cell phone that is processing video and audio which is not always happening at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

K.Flyer wrote: »
    There were definitely sounds of two different automatic weapons being used.
    My guess is that he had two set up on tri-pods and was using them both at the same time. Easily done.

Yep , the long gaps when he was supposedly reloading would probably explain this.

He used 100 round magazines , the pictures from the room showed at least 15 of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

This is also why people believed Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole gunman was able to reload a type of rife that no expert marksman has been able to replicate and how a "magic bullet" defined the laws of physics.

It has been replicated several times. And the "magic bullet" has also been explained.

Back on topic, as Kingmob said, there have been no solid reports or indication of additional shooters involved. Until that happens, then anything that suggests otherwise is a conspiracy theory.

The investigators, police and authorities have access to far more information than amateurs on the internet

That is possible, but then we also have the dispatch, which talked about a possible shooter on the 4th floor.
    If true (which I am doubtful of because such things are rarely accurately reported on this forum), then it's not really proof positive of anything. If the cops get reports of a possible shooter, then that's what they are going to pass along.
    The operative word is "Possible".

Reports and radio transmissions during a crisis are not always clear and accurate.

So police dispatch talking about reports of a possible second shooter in the heat of the situation does not mean there was a second shooter.
    Then you take the footage I have just shown, the person in the car was recording the area of the flashes and said it seems to be coming from up there, points to the area of the flashes then says "Oh sh1t"...
    This is your inference from the video and from leading comments of over eager conspiracy theorists.

It's entirely possible that the person filming was actually trying to film something higher up, but couldn't because the car was getting in the way.
    It's also possible that the person filming mistakenly believed that the shots were coming from lower down due to the same flashing light.
    Note how they don't say anything about their being two shooters in that footage.

Also note how easy it is to toss out possible reasonable explanations.
    Yet again, there is no such explanation that supports the idea of a conspiracy.

It would never truly be in sync light and sound travel at different speeds.
    But then you have echo and then you have the fact it was being recorded on a cell phone that is processing video and audio which is not always happening at the same time.
    So then the sounds appearing to sync up with the light could just be a coincidence then?
    Maybe they aren't in sync at all, and just superficially appear to be because of all of the factors you just listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

On the back if do you think it should just be ignored?

At the exact same time a guy was hammering a ground with machine gun someone was sitting at the window with a strobe effect on their phone?

I was more thinking the phone being left on a table or window sill ?

If there was a second shooter firing from the 4th or 5th floor why was the window not smashed ?

If true (which I am doubtful of because such things are rarely accurately reported on this forum), then it's not really proof positive of anything. If the cops get reports of a possible shooter, then that's what they are going to pass along.
    The operative word is "Possible".

Reports and radio transmissions during a crisis are not always clear and accurate.

So police dispatch talking about reports of a possible second shooter in the heat of the situation does not mean there was a second shooter.

That is true it seems very much at the start nobody could ascertain where it was coming from but to mention the 4th floor on police dispatch suggest that someone or somebody seem to think this was where the shooting was coming from.

It could easily be that this weird flashing fooled a few people. But two different videos from two different angles caught the flashing at the time of the shooting and the police dispatch seems to corroborate the location.
    This is your inference from the video and from leading comments of over eager conspiracy theorists.

It's entirely possible that the person filming was actually trying to film something higher up, but couldn't because the car was getting in the way.
    It's also possible that the person filming mistakenly believed that the shots were coming from lower down due to the same flashing light.
    Note how they don't say anything about their being two shooters in that footage.

Also note how easy it is to toss out possible reasonable explanations.
    Yet again, there is no such explanation that supports the idea of a conspiracy.

Well now you are grasping at straws! This person was fleeing, they did not know where the shooter was they just knew there was shots fired, then all of a sudden they hear shots and point the camera to what they see as flashing lights. It is quite reasonable they at very least thought this to be the source of the fire.

You seem to want to argue against the video and at very least what that person thought they where seeing.

That is not to say it was the shooter, could of been a strobe light, could been a weird reflection but it looks like from the person in the cars perspective it was the origin of the shots.

I was more thinking the phone being left on a table or window sill ?

If there was a second shooter firing from the 4th or 5th floor why was the window not smashed ?

Could of been

This is the third video I have seen.
    The flashing not constant, it seems to start and stop.

I have no idea around the window not being smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Clearly there is a reasonable explanation for the flashes coming from the lower half of the building 40 story building(?) ¼ the way up so around the 10th, or there about, floor. I surmised earlier in post #24 which was a reasonable argument, that has been completely ignored, that it might be the effect of the car moving down the street. But it still does not explain why you don't see any "flash" in either the 4th/10th or 32nd floor in the camera angle that views from the concert itself (poor camera quality or not).

This video shows the flash coming from around the 10th floor they are not in sync with the cracking of gunfire which they should be! Light travels faster than sound this is true but they should still be in sync and being out of sync in this case is also out of time with the rate of fire. As you can clearly see from the above video as it is slowed. Which also blows my theory of the car causing the light to flash because of the person recording being stationary. Again though it does not show flashes from gunfire from the 32nd so lets just assume for a moment that there were no flashes from gunfire seen and there is a reasonable explanation for the flashes in the video I posted and the flash in the car which also is in the same location as the video above not the 4th floor!

Could it be possible that the hotel uses the flash to attract the gaze of people passing it. Go to go out but I have a little more to add to this part!

That is true it seems very much at the start nobody could ascertain where it was coming from but to mention the 4th floor on police dispatch suggest that someone or somebody seem to think this was where the shooting was coming from.

It could easily be that this weird flashing fooled a few people. But two different videos from two different angles caught the flashing at the time of the shooting and the police dispatch seems to corroborate the location.
    It only corroborates the 4th floor, if what you say is accurate. Which I don't buy. WI haven't heard this police report, so I'd be surprised if it reports what you say. Further, none of the videos you post can confirm that those flashes actually are on the 4th floor.

And besides all of this, the idea that there is a second shooter is still far far more far fetched as an explanation.
    Well now you are grasping at straws! This person was fleeing, they did not know where the shooter was they just knew there was shots fired, then all of a sudden they hear shots and point the camera to what they see as flashing lights. It is quite reasonable they at very least thought this to be the source of the fire.
    And they could have been mistaken. Or my explanation could still hold.

Both are far far more likely than the idea of a second shooter.
    That is not to say it was the shooter, could of been a strobe light, could been a weird reflection but it looks like from the person in the cars perspective it was the origin of the shots.
    What other explanation is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Are you people serious? The light flashes are blatantly coming from one of the many millions of flashing bulbs in Vegas.

Now that I am here, I have a question that conspiracy theorists always seem to ignore which is what I expect here. If this is a false flag event, how do you get this many families involved? There are close to 60 people going to be buried soon, are they all actors? Are all their families actors? What about the videos online of people walking through and checking on dead bodies? All actors and make up?

• Advertisement

This is the third video I have seen.
    The flashing not constant, it seems to start and stop.
    Different light from a different angle. You see lots of other lights reflected.
    Or at that resolution it could be simply be an artifact in the video.

It however seems to show "Muzzle flashes" from an entirely different height and place from the videos you posted. Are there 3 shooters now?
    I have no idea around the window not being smashed.
    Ok. You can't explain how they weren't broken.
    This would indicate that there was no second shooter then.

Advertisement