Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meet Ups - Trips and Networking

• 08-07-2014 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

It has been suggested to set up a special thread to assist posters to arrange meets ups to enable networking meetings and to arrange open investigations. Got good feedback on last Friday's meet-up so hopefully this new thread will streamline things a little bit. All the best. JBG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Count me in for this !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Hi everyone,

Will we go for a meet-up again for Fri 18 Jul in Dublin? Any suggestions for location? City Centre again or some where else in Dublin?

The last one was for 8 pm and lasted 1 hour or so.

Calling experienced and newbies. Hopefully we can firm up on possible locations for investigations.

JBG

Riamfada wrote: »
    Count me in for this !

Great see you then

JBG ...

For future meet ups perhaps some established Paranormal Investigation groups can PM me if they would like to attend with tips and observations on investigating private and public locations. Removing the glamour and mystique of investigations and talking about the 'real' world of paranormal investigations would help people I think? What do you think?....

Or better still each paranormal team sends a representative to give a talk with a Q&A at the end. If there was interest in this larger scale talk, I'd get a meeting room, PA if necessary

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    No idea. Theres plenty of people interested in the paranormal since plenty go on the haunted carlow walk and over the past year Ive had a good few people with me when checking out the shopping centre. Not too sure though how many would be bothered joining a team though.

Thanks for that post. I have moved myself to this thread as my reply may be best placed here(?)

It is not necessarily ALL ABOUT 'joining a team' .

The meets are also about people turning up talk/discussing paranormal topics and if they do not want to go off on an 'open' investigation, or join a new team, …. no problem …. they don't have to.

Although a New Team could be set up if anyone interested get on and are committed etc there would also be, in my view, a group that would meet up regularly to talk etc.

People would also arrange to go off to nights away on an 'Open' night (say Charleville Castle), even if they don't join a New Team,

If we could get this up and running in Dublin and then Carlow or Kildare might be a runner too,

It success is dependent on everyone interested, if it works it works if it doesn't it doesn't, but the feed back from Dublin initial meet was good and looking forward to this Friday's …

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You should name the project, make a facebook page and see what interest you can garner from there. I find facebook great when you want to organise bodies for meets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ive mentioned it before and I will mention it again - I can organise visits to carlow shopping centre if anyone is interested (check out http://leinsterparanormal.com/v1/?p=1062 for stuff we found this year). Small groups of less than 5 are usually best. I know the security people well so it works out pretty cheap.

Reminder about Dublin meet up tomorrow Fri 18 in Dublin City centre. Please pm me for time and location if you are interested in going. New and experienced paranormal enthusiasts welcome. JBG

Next Meet-up is next Thursday 31 July in Dublin City centre. I expect to have news of first investigation by then. All welcome, experienced and newbies luke me. Please PM for details. JBG

• Advertisement

This Thursdays 31 Jul meeting will have details of organised open investigation(s) to kick things off ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'd be interested in one day attending one of these meetings, but I wouldn't be a permanent fixture and it's all dependent on when I can get over to Ireland too!

Yeah Stormkeeper, we are trying to keep these meetings up (every two weeks, Dublin initially) so great, see you when we see you. Hopefully people can go when ever it suits them, dropping in from time to time or for each meet up. We hope to have news by this Thursday's meet-up of our first investigation so watch this space!!! JBG

Wicklow Gaol is the first investigation we are organising. Details and bookings at meet-ups. Places limited to 10 people.... Taking place in Sep ... PM for meet-up details (this Thursday in Dublin City centre) .... JBG

I have been asked by people to confirm: Yes, people who attend meet-ups between now and Sep will be given preference over the places to Wicklow Gaol.

Just waiting for a list of available dates from the location. Its looking like it won't be a group led thing but a bunch of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Hello, how many people have been on an organized investigation and what were your experiences?

I see Wicklow Gaol is on the cards soon, I can't wait!

Ive been to Castle Palooza to visit Harriet and the crypts under Strongbows church in Dublin, Christchurch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Wicklow Gaol is the first investigation we are organising. Details and bookings at meet-ups. Places limited to 10 people.... Taking place in Sep ... PM for meet-up details (this Thursday in Dublin City centre) .... JBG

JBG - Is it sept now instead of aug?

What is the best paranormal investigation that you have participated in?

We will be starting up our 'Meet-ups' on Friday 12 Sep in Dublin city centre in advance of Wicklow Gaol investigation. As well as dealing with any queries it is a good chance for all ten people to meet in person before hand.

Also, the method of payment of fee in advance will be confirmed shortly thereby securing your place. All the best....

• Advertisement

sounds good :)

Hey ! Wicklow Gaol has confirmed so let us know if your coming

count me in.. is there a meetup fri and if so what time & can pay then..

count me in.. is there a meetup fri and if so what time & can pay then..

Please pm me for time and location of meet up this Fri 12 Sep

A quick reminder about tonights meet up in coffee shop in Dublin City Centre at 8pm. It will be only be for an hour but it is a good chance to discuss Wicklow Gaol investigation coming up in two weeks time and to secure your place!

I leaving it up to someone else to suggest a date and place for the next meet up.... any takers?

Somebody at a meet up suggested a sort of 'Ghost Club'. Although the 'departed' should have a social life too I know that it was meant that the meet ups could be more diverse perhaps e.g. not just about investigations chat but more social eg films and books discussed etc. Any suggestions?

Just to mention. The Wicklow investigation was cancelled Im afraid. As of 5 days before the event only 4 (including myself and N2G) had confirmed. Sorry.

It is a pity really but I would be interested to see why the low take-up.

e.g. nervous going on first open investigation?
    Cost too much?
    Been there done that?
    Too far away?

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in attending a paranormal meet up in Dublin City Centre tomorrow evening at 8pm. Lets see how spontaneous you all are? It would only be for an hour. Two people want to go ahead so far…. If so please public post that you are interested and we can confirm the venue (normally on Dame Street) ….

Advertisement