Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Enjoyed Seasick Steve's new album.

Green Day's was surprisingly good too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭mosstin

New Keaton Henson has been out about 3 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New BellX1 album "Arms" is out on Friday.

The full album is streaming early here:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/album-reviews/listen-bellx1-arms-exclusive-album-stream-1.2820912

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mr E wrote: »
    New BellX1 album "Arms" is out on Friday.

The full album is streaming early here:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/album-reviews/listen-bellx1-arms-exclusive-album-stream-1.2820912

With every release I await a return to Music in Mouth or at least Flock...

With every release I die a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

With every release I await a return to Music in Mouth or at least Flock...

With every release I die a little.

I think they've evolved with every release. I'm surprised you say Flock as it's one of the more commerical albums they've done. 'Chop Chop' and 'Bloodless Coup' have been terrific albums, 'Chop Chop' especially showing them excel in a different light. I think a lot of people, not saying you, judge them on the singles, which if so, is missing out on a hell of a lot.

On the new songs 'Out of Love' sounded better in the acoustic shows last year, more oomph instrumentally. Some great tracks on it though 'Fake Memory', 'Bring Me A Fire King' and 'Sons and Daughters' are all great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I've been listening to the new King Creosote album, Astronaut Meets Appleman, a bit over the last few days. Some of it seems a bit meh, but it has some cracking tunes in there too -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

New album from Hamilton Leithauser & Rostam out today. Hadn't been on my radar at all, and haven't listened to the Walkmen in ages. I'm sold after my first listen. Brilliant album, will definitely be getting repeat listens over the weekend!

Really enjoyed this one too! Green Day album is pretty good on first listen alone

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

The new Mission album Another fall from Grace is fantastic well worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭_Puma_

New Pixies album Head Carrier. New Bassist Paz Lenchantin steps in for Kim Deal and does a fine job. Includes All i think about now, a kind of thank you penned by Black Francis to Kim. Standouts Um Chagga Lagga, Baal's Back, Talent, Tenement Song

Overall I like it, A lot more laid back although never reaching the heights of Doolittle or Surfer Rosa.

_Puma_ wrote: »
    New Pixies album Head Carrier. New Bassist Paz Lenchantin steps in for Kim Deal and does a fine job. Includes All i think about now, a kind of thank you penned by Black Francis to Kim. Standouts Um Chagga Lagga, Baal's Back, Talent, Tenement Song

Overall I like it, A lot more laid back although never reaching the heights of Doolittle or Surfer Rosa.

No matter what, Pixies - Kim Deal = not the Pixies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Lemon Twigs album is brilliant, totally bonkers, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mosstin wrote: »
    No matter what, Pixies - Kim Deal = not the Pixies.

she's hardly on Trompe Le Monde

I'm enjoying Head Carrier on it's own merits, as I did Indie Cindy. In addition to the tracks mentioned previously, I really like "Classic Masher"

loyatemu wrote: »
    she's hardly on Trompe Le Monde

I'm enjoying Head Carrier on it's own merits, as I did Indie Cindy. In addition to the tracks mentioned previously, I really like "Classic Masher"

Which is one of the reasons I don't particularly like TLM.

ShaneU wrote: »
    The Lemon Twigs album is brilliant, totally bonkers, love it.

Same. You can tell one of the guys from foxygen produced it. I'm hearing a bit of the kinks on a few tracks

Really enjoying the new Agnes Obel album, Citizen of Glass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kYH6XZrIo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Katie Kim's new album is excellent. really impressive from the first listen

Album of the year for me

Shane St. wrote: »

Album of the year for me

Man, he sounds like a weary God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Korn on their 12th album spanning 26 years ..cant say I have heard their last ten but liking this.

Korn on their 12th album spanning 26 years ..cant say I have heard their last ten but liking this.

Serious blast from the past there. Considering that they've been doing the same thing for over two decades now the pendulum of what's cool and what's not is probably going to swing back again in their favour eventually.

• Advertisement

The word is about, there's something evolving,
    Whatever may come, the world keeps revolving...
    They say the next big thing is here,
    That the revolution's near,
    But to me it seems quite clear
    That's it's all just a little bit of history repeating.

nostalgia and pendulums of cool aside good to hear these guys still sounding great in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

http://www.juliajacklin.com/ - Julia Jacklin Don't let the Kids Win - really enjoying the album ....

New album from Hamilton Leithauser & Rostam out today. Hadn't been on my radar at all, and haven't listened to the Walkmen in ages. I'm sold after my first listen. Brilliant album, will definitely be getting repeat listens over the weekend!

I see they are playing the workmans March next year,should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Malojian-This Is Nowhere. Supporting Teenage Fanclub in Dec.

https://youtu.be/XposeFRisqQ

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Third World Pyramid

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Magic Shoppe - Wonderland
    http://primalmusicblog.com/album-review/album-review-magic-shoppe-wonderland/

If fuzzy reverb hypnosis is your thing, quite an impressive album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Justice's new album 'Woman' is brilliant. Never heard them before this week but really impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

thomasm wrote: »
    Justice's new album 'Woman' is brilliant. Never heard them before this week but really impressed

"Cross" from 2007 is an absolute whopper album. "Phantom" and "Phantom PtII" on that album were stand out tracks from that year.

Also if you like them you should check out Digitalism's "Idealism" from the same year. "Jupiter Room" on that is another belter from 2007.

Also from the same year Simian Mobile Disco's "Attack Decay Sustain Release" (Easily one of my favourite album titles ever as well).

2007 was a cracking year I seem to recall. (1997, 2004 and 1991 have it beat though)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Flyying Colours-Mindfulness. Out this year, not sure when exactly.

Anyway, for those who's taste in music was cemented by alternative music of the early 90s, I bloody love them!

• Advertisement

Ok that korn album is actually a steaming pile of crap and so is the latest helmet album but I don't get the love for justice ..very fcuking average

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzWLUQizz8

Advertisement