Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Just seen big sign on the old Boyer's building, sports direct .com coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Wheres the old boyers building?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Davy wrote: »
    Overcharging issue posts have been split to a new thread in Consumer issues:> HERE

To much chat off topic this is a good move split things but there are little bargains these days with SD anything that seems a barging is generally cheap tack.
    I did buy some Helly Hansen items but size wise they are bigger than what I buy the same size in a shop here.
    Also delivery is getting very expensive and I find my local DHL operator will fire the delivery into some local shop if I like it or not.
    But has this Bargin thread nearly run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Umpalumpa wrote: »

Wheres the old boyers building?
    It's on North Earl Street in Dublin. It's opening soon, not the full store space though as another is advertised. I assumed there were already sports direct stores in Ireland, is this the first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

DubDJ wrote: »
    It's on North Earl Street in Dublin. It's opening soon, not the full store space though as another is advertised. I assumed there were already sports direct stores in Ireland, is this the first?

Coming soon all over Ireland

http://m.independent.ie/business/sports-direct-to-seal-48m-acquisition-of-heatons-chain-today-34503183.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

GOD help us all from inferior customer service and products,:mad:

DERICKOO wrote: »

It's the same as sports world which is currently there just a new name

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

I've bought plenty of sportswear from the Sports World shops, which is essentially Sports Direct, in fact their shopping bags have the Sports Direct logo on them. The gear isn't that bad at all and there's plenty of bargains to be had in store, on my last visit they had some of last season's Premier League jerseys for €12. There may be similar prices on the website, but at least in store you can try the stuff on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Heatons already sell part of the SD line in store but nothing like the full range. Heatons also used to have a "pick up in store" service for online shopping which has been discontinued since SD takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Just don't go in. Pretty simple really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If you have no interest in them...... What are you doing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Can't vouch for the customer service as thankfully never had to deal with them but they offer a range that very few other stores online or otherwise can compete with.

I take an 11.5 in football boots and literally the only place I can get them at a reasonable price is on Sports Direct.

They don't sell them in that size in any bricks and mortar store I've tried (and I've tried a lot!)

I for one am grateful for them and hopefully when they open across Ireland they will do cheaper returns/shipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I used them recently and lots of communication from them as to were items where etc. Dhl claimed I wasn't at fooking home tho, and I was. So had to collect from pick up point. No major hassle and would use SD again.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I have never bought anything from SportsDirect & after todays report on their Employment Practices, I doubt I ever will - Worker exploiters, thugs & bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I have never bought anything from SportsDirect & after todays report on their Employment Practices, I doubt I ever will - Worker exploiters, thugs & bullies.

Hope you don't shop pennys so, or but Nike gear.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I get where you're coming from but most sporting goods are made in countries that exploit workers.

this company is in the news at the moment
    It will probably be penny's (primark) again next
    You will run out of shops soon lol

this company is in the news at the moment
    It will probably be penny's (primark) again next
    You will run out of shops soon lol

No Penneys actually have a good record.

No Penneys actually have a good record.

So what was the story in the news about slave labour staff sending messages to be rescued on the labels - primark / penny's were both mentioned in bad light

Never heard of that.

Any Link(s) to story ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Never heard of that.

Any Link(s) to story ?

Google it
    Primark slave labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

It's hard to avoid it and is probably a discussion for another forum.

On the plus side due to the negative publicity they might be thinking it's a good time for another good deal! Though they are extremely rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Picked this up in Ballincollig earlier for 6.40 with the help of the 20%discount voucher

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Picked this up in Ballincollig earlier for 6.40 with the help of the 20%discount voucher

Was there many left ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Was there many left ??

Spotted at least another one could be more there

Picked one of these up a while back and am delighted with it. The young lad has gotten lots of use from it over the last few weeks. It seems to come in and out of stock.

€25.20 on SD
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/littlelife-beach-shelter-783271?colcode=78327190

€74.99 on the littlelife website and 46gbp on amazon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

SteM wrote: »
    Picked one of these up a while back and am delighted with it. The young lad has gotten lots of use from it over the last few weeks. It seems to come in and out of stock.
    €25.20 on SD
    You could've got 4 Halfords tents for €20 last year!

snubbleste wrote: »
    You could've got 4 Halfords tents for €20 last year!

Oh ffs. It's not a tent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

SteM wrote: »
    Oh ffs. It's not a tent.
    :D Sure looks like one, it even has a 'door'!

Advertisement