Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos of where you run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dokter

Ran along the coastline of Shizuoka, Japan last December 12 months.
    Sunny day clear sky about 7 or8 degrees. Fantastic view!!
    fuji.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Found some sheep on my last run along the mountain nearby:3816563877_75885dd59a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

usb-hamster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

robinph wrote: »
    Found some sheep on my last run along the mountain nearby:

What, in New Zealand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

Found some sheep on my last run along the mountain nearby:
    3816563877_75885dd59a.jpg
    Wait a second. If that's "the mountain", what's the winter sport you say you're doing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well they are kind of small'ish mountains down here mostly, but there was snow on the top of that one when I was on it. 180 degrees around from the sheep though there was the snow on the back of the mountain where I am skiing visible:
    3816563879_063e726696.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Here's another one for you:
    Lake Wakitipu in the front, Queenstown off camera to the left.....

Posting photos of my home country is mean-- reminds me how much I miss mountains. I just realise I've never been up to the remarkables -- lovely photo.

In that case then here is a picture of The Remarkables from yesterday:
    3817428998_9ddb1c5700.jpg

Now I didn't run there, but there was a race last week consisting of skiing down the section of the mountain you can see in the middle there, then a cycle down the dirt track access road to the shore of Lake Wakitipu, then a canoe across the lake, then a run from the centre of Queenstown up to the bottom of the Coronet Peak access road where they again hopped on bikes to ride up to the base of the mountain that I took that picture from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

In that case then here is a picture of The Remarkables from yesterday:

Now I didn't run there, but there was a race last week consisting of skiing down the section of the mountain you can see in the middle there, then a cycle down the dirt track access road to the shore of Lake Wakitipu, then a canoe across the lake, then a run from the centre of Queenstown up to the bottom of the Coronet Peak access road where they again hopped on bikes to ride up to the base of the mountain that I took that picture from.

The Peak-to-Peak??
    World famous in New Zealand!
    How's the snow this year? Looks pretty good from the photos...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

DSCN0638.JPG

View from trail above Carlingford....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

A reminder to donothoponpop to what he's been missing...

3865266161_5d8c3137c8_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Have to say i love this thread,i kept telling myself for months that i would post a few pics,so this morning i went off with the young fella and took a few pics from the scenery that kept me going during my LSR on Wednesday.

Pic 1 is from Ballygunner looking down at the Island where waterford castle is.
    Chimney from Louiseanna Pacific in the backgroung

Pic 2 is view of the sandhills in Tramore from top of hill just off dunmore road

Pic 3 i took just next to Clorneaghs ( not sure of spelling )

Pic 4 i just turned around from taking pic 3.

Pic 5 is view of tramore from clse to airport

another few ...

1 is view coming back into city from airport road

2 is a nice friendly bull !

3 is my son befriending a dog while i was taking a pic of the bull
    ( our own dog was not happy upon our return as she was smelling him for a good 10 mins,i think she felt betrayed )

4 is passing of cows just as we drove home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nice Sosa. My favourite is actually the 4th one with the sign-posts. I love running down country roads, spotting a sign-post, and on a whim changing direction and heading somewhere new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I'm moving to Antigua at the start of October. First thing on my list is to attempt my first run in a long time. I'll take some pics to jealous you all out of it!

mine to Krusty...i have saved it as my desktop background

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

here's our local club running in doneraile park last winterdoneraile%20...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

That's a picture of Caragh Lake in Kerry. One loop is 15 very hilly miles, and it's by far and away my favourite route.

While I don't do the entire loop more than once or twice a week, on other days I just run x miles along the lake and turn around at some stage. I still can't get enough of the scenery, even though I know each meter by heart by now.

you are one very lucky person :)

View looking back down Cushbawn hill trail that I had just run up slowly.
    4199347389_aab3df11e8_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

keeper hill Christmas eve

photo.php?pid=3042886&id=765188839

While the kids were watching Narnia yesterday I found a Narnia of my own on top of keeper hill. Nice run up ther in the snow. Nothing graceful about me going up and came down like a raggy doll:D loved it

Edit:Can't get my photos to show!!???!!! Trying to link them from face book to here can someone explain how please???

• Advertisement

^I think it might be a permissions problem with how your Facebook is setup, but I'm not an expert on photos linked from there.

I did get out for a run today. Roads around here are still far too covered in snow and ice to risk going out on, so I borrowed a car someone had left in the driveway and made my way to somewhere safer to go for a run:

4212571101_5c228ed577.jpg

Well I thought it was going to be safer, but it seems that a lot of people had had the same idea already and the snow was so compacted down on the grass that it was more dangerous there than running down the middle of the roads.

4212571259_c760fbbe11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Tried to both run and cycle this :failed on both accounts :
    will look familar to the Gaelforce participants.

[IMG][/img]picture.php?albumid=918&pictureid=4536

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

baza1976 wrote: »
    keeper hill Christmas eve

photo.php?pid=3042886&id=765188839

While the kids were watching Narnia yesterday I found a Narnia of my own on top of keeper hill. Nice run up ther in the snow. Nothing graceful about me going up and came down like a raggy doll:D loved it

Edit:Can't get my photos to show!!???!!! Trying to link them from face book to here can someone explain how please???

Hopin it works this time:confused:

Lug with snow, taken from Annacurra hill.
    4215013473_4c19af1c73_o.jpg

Annacurra - icy trails. Dog went on his ear a couple of times. I manged to stay upright, just about.
    4215784040_0cb58beeec_o.jpg

Took lots of pics on a snowy run this morning. One of those perfect mornings :D Heres just a taster.

Snowy backroad, ready to run down.
    4232826337_bcab8fbc22.jpg

Aughrim with snowy hills behind.
    4233599058_acc4f01eae.jpg

Snowy Lugnacoille. The crystal clear conditions made the mountain appear a lot nearer than it actually is.
    4233599406_ef02b9db7b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Wow, looks fantastic. Just a lot of fog here in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Castletown house in Celbridge earlier..

trail.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i love all the icy pictures, its making me homesick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

DSCN0638.JPG

View from trail above Carlingford....

Hi there. Just saw this. Wondering if you have any suggestions for a trail around the hills in Carlingford. Was thinking of tackling Barnavave from the town centre but not sure how far up I'd get!

Advertisement