Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gallery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

very nice joe the b and w gives a great eerie feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Came across a nice sized John Dory in Killary on Saturday! :)

5090485909_d0416ed9a1_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

foto joe wrote: »
    Came across a nice sized John Dory in Killary on Saturday! :)

5090485909_d0416ed9a1_z.jpg

wow thats an amazing photo!! how deep is that as a matter of interest?? never seen them tube things before what are they?

Thanks Breadbin - it's in about 15m.

The tubes are a form of tube worm - I googled for more info and found this. Looks like they're rare enough! Plenty of them in Killary though.. ;) They look almost bush-like when you approach them, then all the tentacles get pulled in when you get close and disturb them.

A marine scientist could give you a more technically correct answer! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

aw class:) killary is such a nice spot and i'm sure its got tons of stuff to reveal! i went out the other day at old head but the visibility was brutal:( thought it might be ok seeing as it hadn't rained in a while and was icy cold but was the worst i ever saw. didn't see anythiing interesting here is one though of a lichen type thing attached to something shiny:)

E965FC3FF9E047E9BC40774120B7CDF5-0000334689-0002050380-00640L-DB4E30005C86417B8114A3C723826740.jpg

but i really should start scuba diving to get to the real stuff;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

5512524431_1e5dd254e8.jpg
    Inside the Scorpion Cave Malta.
    5513119972_862b70ac4f.jpg
    Leaving the Scorpion Cave, Malta.
    5740212079_d0d45a5801.jpg
    Moray eel, Es Vedranell Islet.
    5735806895_322d8d42b1.jpg
    Dogfish, Malinbeg Harbor Donegal.

These are a few shots from the last few months of diving here and there, enjoy and leave a comment if you like.
    a%3E

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Posted a few shots over in the gallery if you want to have a look, the gallery doesn't seem to have been posted on since last year!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72333890#post72333890

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Great stuff, Viz, as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Varily nicish! Please post more, when you can.

Love the dogfish photo! ;)

• Advertisement

Snapped this fella up near Blackrock off Downings in Donegal yesterday...

5797677467_3527bec5bb_b.jpg

More photos from the dive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Some video I shot in the Red Sea a couple of weeks back.

That Oculus flat lens seemed to work well - very sharp! I've seen so many blurry underwater GoPro videos from people not changing the lens for UW!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

J o e wrote: »
    That Oculus flat lens seemed to work well - very sharp! I've seen so many blurry underwater GoPro videos from people not changing the lens for UW!

I bought a blurfix kit last week after using mine in a pool without it. Not cheap about 120 quid including a spare case to fit it to but seems to be well worth it. Have to test my fitting handy work in my brothers fish tank later actually!

J o e wrote: »

Ya it turned out pretty good, only thing is if you are shooting in 720p you need to crop a section of the video out. 1080p is fine though.

For 30 euro you cant complain :D

A DSD I did in Koh Tao a few weeks back not very interesting dive but I was using a GoPro Hero 2 with a Blurfix lens fitted. Camera was set to 1080p Medium FOV. Filter was a clear UV. its the raw video without any postproduction.

A Puffer fish same camera and settings as above but snorkeling in shallow water. Video topped and tailed but no other edits or corrections.

Portroe a few weeks back, GoPro with Oculus lens, 1080p HD.

Some photos from Sharm here have video of the Manta and whale shark but havent edited them yet
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.415732218467452.95461.108470149193662&type=3

Some photos from Sharm here have video of the Manta and whale shark but havent edited them yet
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.415732218467452.95461.108470149193662&type=3

Love the air-rings you blew!

What is that that looks like a roll-on deodorant stuffed inside a condom in photo no. 7?

• Advertisement

Hi Locom its a microphone and yes its inside a condom, the latest uw housing for radio. Am taking part in a documentary that will run later in the year

Filmed on GoPro HD Hero with Oculus Lens mod 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gav104

I was out diving yesterday and I have not taken any photos for a while now so this was the best five I took.

These were all shot in Puerto Galera,Philippines.

]24y2x46.jpg
    30066mx.jpg
    fadcgi.jpg
    28i6osn.jpg
    2j450ur.jpg

Gav104 wrote: »
    I was out diving yesterday and I have not taken any photos for a while now so this was the best five I took.

These were all shot in Puerto Galera,Philippines.

Those colours bring back nice memories. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gav104

No problem locum-motion.I have never dived in Ireland so im pretty spoiled here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Filmed with my Lumix FT3, have to work on the sound levels, and the shaky hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Diving the Girl Arleen off Wexford last year

Advertisement