Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How Often Do You Take A Break From Running

Options
  • 26-09-2020 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Be interested to hear how often and how long people take off running? Ive done a few marathons and find I go grand running 3-4 days a week and then bam every 3 months or so Ill have to take a week off cause Ill be drained and no energy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Slow down on some sessions and you won't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Two weeks off completely post marathon. Easy weeks then for another two weeks at least.
    I don't take a break from running outside of that but my recovery days are slow and are based on keeping heart rate low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Depending on where I am for Summer holidays, I might take a couple of weeks off then. Otherwise, no. The slow down comment above is probably key.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Haven't missed a day since the middle of August 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I take a full 6 weeks off training at the end of a track season, allowing me to physically and mentally recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ShadowSA

Often need to slow down or take a couple days off. Have also been doing more trail running which definitely helps. Slower pace than road and I find I enjoy it far more.

Have been having some ITB issues after 21+km trail runs that are hilly so I take a few days off post to recover. Trying to strengthen my core more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I don't understand the question.

Advertisement