Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new kitchen recommendations

Options
  • 18-07-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi there,
    We've recently moved into our new home and we want to get a new kitchen fitted.
    Can anyone recommend any good places that will supply fit etc.
    we're based in the Dublin 9 area.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Kajemo wrote: »
    Hi there,
    We've recently moved into our new home and we want to get a new kitchen fitted.
    Can anyone recommend any good places that will supply fit etc.
    we're based in the Dublin 9 area.

Thanks

In House,Tierney Kitchens or A1 Kitchens.

We used In House and were/are very happy with the end result.:)

Theres also Ikea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

You're in Dublin 9 - take a drive up the road and check out Eco Interiors, Gullivers Park, Santry

http://ecointeriors.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

Give Tierney Kitchens a wide berth if I was you. Terrible nightmarish customer service.

Have to say Ikea are surprisingly good value and have excellent backup service.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thatsme

Interesting what you say about Tierneys I know a couple of people who have got kitchens from them and were very happy I had a totally different experience.
    We have not purchased from them and don't think we will. We made an appointment to see a "designer" as they dont do walk in appointments! We had travelled all the way out to Balbriggan but they didnt have anyone free! anyway we made the appointment and they wanted the architects A3 drawing of the kitchen with all the measurements we sent them a PDF with the measurements of all the presses etc. On the morning of the appointment I got a call from the "designer" as he had not got the full wall measurements I pointed out to him that the architect had put in all the kitchen press measurements on the drawing and surely if he added them all together he would come up with the length of the wall!!
    Anyway another hike to Balbriggan and I honestly think the guy was suffering with a hangover - he was worse than useless. He spent the whole hour going through the effort of a plan he prepared and was adding and subtracting bits from the computer design, I had to lead him and then I thought why should I he is supposed to be the designer. Anyway a two year old with no imagination could have put it together
    Since then we have visited a number of other companys who were very dynamic and gave us lots of ideas. We just got the impression in Tierneys that its take it or leave it.
    In my view a very incompetent organization and I will certainly be giving them a wide berth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Linto

We recently got our kitchen from Nolans Kitchens. We looks at 5 or 6 leading companies around Dublin and Nolans were stand out. Supper helpful staff and very accommodation. Also they have a small area for kids to play which helps us get on with whats needed when in the showroom. A big thumbs up to Nolans. Quality stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I just had a Kube kitchen installed. lovely Kitchen but their after sales service and project management SUCKS monkeys. I absolutly and completly regret choosing them as they were very expensive and this is a prime celtic tiger example of price does not in anyway reflect service. Kitchen shell is sitting here and the countertops wont be fitted for another two weeks because they couldn't co-ordinate a pis$up in a brewery. Avoid like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

I am also looking for a kitchen at present. Was going to try Tierneys as they remove your old kitchen free of charge. Will also drop onto cash and carry as my current kitchen is from them and has lasted 10 years. And other recommendations would be great. Standard L shape 11 or 12 units and need the appliances too. Thanks in advance.

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    I am also looking for a kitchen at present. Was going to try Tierneys as they remove your old kitchen free of charge. Will also drop onto cash and carry as my current kitchen is from them and has lasted 10 years. And other recommendations would be great. Standard L shape 11 or 12 units and need the appliances too. Thanks in advance.

In House/Paneling Centre....go to trade counter.;)

Get your appliences from a Warehouse Clearence event....DID,Power City and HN have them every 6 months or so....(to make way for new stock).

You will save a fortune this way.

Thats what I did.:)

To follow from my earlier post regarding Kube, Another month gone and bits are still missing, Still not returning calls when asked to contact us and making absolutly no effort to provide any decent after sales service. Kitchen is lovley but so are lots of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

We got our kitchen from http://www.lohanfittedfurniture.ie/
    We paid a kitchen designer to design what we wanted (€100).
    Then sent plans to 12 suppliers to price (including most mentioned on this thread).
    Mark was 70% the price of everyone else (who were all very similar).
    Including VAT it was 7k for all units in kitchen and utility (excludes counter top and appliances)
    He supplies to Dublin as well.
    Photos can be seen here ...
    http://selfbuild.ie/case-studies/inside-out-but-not-upside-down/
    Would highly recommend for workmanship and service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

paddy147 wrote: »
    In House/Paneling Centre....go to trade counter.;)

Get your appliences from a Warehouse Clearence event....DID,Power City and HN have them every 6 months or so....(to make way for new stock).

You will save a fortune this way.

Thats what I did.:)

Thanks form that paddy, love your kitchen btw :-)

I thought I'd update this thread to say that a month after my last update Kube Kitchens still have not sorted out the outstanding issues with our kitchen. They customer service continues to suck balls.Seriuosyly, if you are considering getting a Kitchen AVOID KUBE AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 soundgarden

paddy 147, love your kitchen we are in the middle of our self build & our budget is very tight is your kitchen in the high price bracket or did you get a good deal from In house. As the hubby is a carpenter he can fit the kitchen & in fact he wants to buy cheap kitchen & paint it to the colour I want but I am not sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sosingle

**3 posts in here, all pushing the same company**. am a happy customer .. kitchen ,wardrobe, walk-in wardrobe , dressing room , window seat - lovely , good price and nothing to pay until all installed and I was happy... My kitchen is not unlike paddy's pictures...'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

JuniorB wrote: »
    We got our kitchen from http://www.lohanfittedfurniture.ie/
    We paid a kitchen designer to design what we wanted (€100).

Where did ye find the kitchen designer?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

fifib wrote: »
    Where did ye find the kitchen designer?

Most kitchen suppliers will design as well.
    We used Newcastle Design in Wicklow.
    Put the effort in at that stage to get on paper exactly what you want.
    Then sent copy of design to 15 suppliers and went with the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nabme1

To follow from my earlier post regarding Kube, Another month gone and bits are still missing, Still not returning calls when asked to contact us and making absolutly no effort to provide any decent after sales service. Kitchen is lovley but so are lots of others.

Totally agree. Once they have your order / money KUBE do not want to know about you any more. Same story as Wabbit Ears, kitchen looks great, but after sales service is non existent. Missing bits, not returning calls, can't get replacement parts. I would have to say avoid avoid avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 machuindublin

The whole company does a cowboy job, they tell customers that their is 10 years guarantee, but after my kitchen was done by them and after 1 year the cabinet doors were getting damaged and when i asked to replace they told it is not covered as their is moisture in kitchen, what do you expect in kitchen when cooking. This company is real sham be aware of it and stay away. I am going to file a case against them.

Advertisement