Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei MateBook 2020 £499 for 12 hours

• 27-07-2020 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

The Huawei MateBook D14 2020 is £499 on Amazon

Its the same laptop as the Honor Magicbook discussed and priced here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Huawei Matebook 13 with the 2k screen is down to £549 on the Huawei site. Ti's a very nice ultra book.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/laptops/matebook-13-amd/buy/?skucode=80440114010000502

You do need to use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

The Huawei Matebook 13 with the 2k screen is down to £549 on the Huawei site. Ti's a very nice ultra book.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/laptops/matebook-13-amd/buy/?skucode=80440114010000502

I bought two of the 13" for our college lads but one of ours needed a different laptop for his engineering course - graphics card,

So I've a sealed spare one with Bluetooth mouse and backpack, and receipt / full warranty (same as on website) if anyone wants it from Ireland, will sell it for 550 euro! :D

Curb a friend of mine is looking for a Lappy for his son for college. Can I pass on his number to you

Edit: he bought one today....

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭dingbat

I bought two of the 13" for our college lads but one of ours needed a different laptop for his engineering course - graphics card,

So I've a sealed spare one with Bluetooth mouse and backpack, and receipt / full warranty (same as on website) if anyone wants it from Ireland, will sell it for 550 euro! :D
    That's the 256gb hard drive one?

Has it got the weird webcam slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

dingbat wrote: »
    That's the 256gb hard drive one?

Has it got the weird webcam slot?

Yeah 256gb ssd. And nope, the webcam is in the normal place at the top of the screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

It's advertising it's 2020 but it has old cpu 3500 here's the new one it's got new cpu 4800 and should be 50% faster

Newer
    Huawei Matebook 14 2020 model powered by the AMD Ryzen 4800H processor
    €1,049 price tag.which is a lot more than other laptops with same cpu and a gpu video card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

One thing to bear in mind with the Ryzen chips is that by default on some laptops, 2.1GB of RAM is allocated to the Vega 8 graphics.
    You should verify that the Bios will let you change that. As some manufactures, (e.g. Dell) do not support this.

Advertisement