Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marriage Licence

• 25-09-2020 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,
    Myself & my fiancé were due to get married in early May but decided to postpone to 2021. We now have just decided to move It forward to mid November and will have to change the date on our marriage registration (green book) but the new date is 6 months after the original date. Does anyone know if we’re in trouble now as you have to give 3 months notice or will we be ok?
    Thanks,
    Emma

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

You need to contact the HSE to make an appointment asap.

We postponed from Sept 2020 to May 2021. Because it's more than 6 months after our original date, we've made an appointment to get a new marriage registration form. It's free, but you do need to go in in person again.

More info here:
    https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/how-to-get-married-in-ireland/how-to-get-married-in-ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I can’t answer your question, but just wanted to mention, as some people don’t know, that you can go to any civil registration office, and some of the smaller ones are much less busy, so it might be worth your while ringing around to see where you can get the quickest appointment

Advertisement