Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to find a carpenter.. Don't say Nazareth

• 04-09-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭

Okay i know trades person are big in demand during these times

However I'm looking for a quote to get attic floored. I've googled texted and emailed with no responses

So any recommendations for Dublin North side just even to get a quote as no rush for it to be done

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Alternatively you could ask a local timber merchants for recommendations. Also ask if they know any 4th year apprentices that may be looking for nixers at the weekend.
    Flooring an attic isnt difficult at all so a 4th year apprentice should be capable of doing it with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Surely a floor shop is where youd go.... not a carpenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Depends on what your flooring it with, you've to think about insulation ventilation, weight distribution as well. Experienced carpenter is the correct way to go last thing you want to do is create a mould problem or bend the roof with weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Was going to check with chadwicks see if they recommend anyone

Attic was recently insulated and raised flooring walkway to the water tank. Now looking for rest or middle part of the attic to be floored.

Was quoted €500 by company who did insulation but thought that was steep.

Advertisement