Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why did Gardai destroy possible burial site of Irelands longest missing child?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ Jamie Eager Tannery

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I meant the sea, people were leaving the house that night whilst the gardai were in it and dissapearing for hours they had plenty of time to do anything with the body and hide it and move it and eventually dump it out too see

my wish is for the whole area of land where she went missing and the house to be forensically dug up and examined .. its not being used so its time they did something they ( the Gardai) promised us they were going in with a scanner in 2016

they were lying
    Oh I see. Do you think more than one were involved " people were leaving the house"

It's about 55 acres by my reckoning,which is big enough,
    especially when you take into account the terrain .
    Plenty room to hide a small body.
    Hiding a body on your own property, where you have control of the comings and goings
    is far more likely than disposing of it where you have no control.
    The sea or the lake might give up it's secrets at any time.
    Land beyond your boundaries is also out of your control ,
    development, dogs , wild animals, erosion or forestry harvesting might uncover your secret,
    and lead to some sleepless nights.
    So my guess is,she is hidden in plain sight -the simplest explanation.
    like where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Oh I see. Do you think more than one were involved " people were leaving the house"

my belief is one person comitted the crime and originally got rid of Marys body & others have been complicit since in changing stories and covering up for people and not coming forward

my belief is one person comitted the crime and originally got rid of Marys body & others have been complicit since in changing stories and covering up for people and not coming forward
    OK thanks

The scanner thing the garda spoke of, how does it work. Is it possible for you to get one privately. Does it fly over in a plane

What did the psychic say, it says Mary's mother went to one

OK thanks

The scanner thing the garda spoke of, how does it work. Is it possible for you to get one privately. Does it fly over in a plane

What did the psychic say, it says Mary's mother went to one

we had this company ready to go in for free its ground pentrating radar AFAIK http://scantech.ie/
    we also had the cadaver dogs that were used in the Madeline McCann Case ( or from the same breeder/trainer anyway) ready to come in , The Gardai top brass promised us we would get in they would just have to supervise

Then Marys Uncle Gerry Refused us and the Gardai said they were going in with their own scanners and no dogs but never did.

*Disclaimer* I dont believe in pyschics

But the one Margo got after Ann senior asked her too described to a tee the person we think it was , Ann senior said it just confirmed what she knew

What Margo wont tell anyone is because My uncle didnt work for a long time after Mary went missing as he would drive around looking for her Margo paid him & Ann senior a weekly amount to keep them going

also to add the Gards brought in a pyschic in the 90s and she named him not quite by name but by who he was .. kinda hard to explain without naming him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't think it helps with the discussion to talk about psychics and what they might have said.

For me, if you are willing to put credit in what they say then you aren't worth debating with, as it's nonsense. If you think they have a place in murder investigations then that's your choice.

Shocked the guards actually spoke to one. Then again that was old Ireland, I'd like to think we have all moved on from listening to idiots.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't think it helps with the discussion to talk about psychics and what they might have said.

For me, if you are willing to put credit in what they say then you aren't worth debating with, as it's nonsense. If you think they have a place in murder investigations then that's your choice.

Shocked the guards actually spoke to one. Then again that was old Ireland, I'd like to think we have all moved on from listening to idiots.
    i can ask that if i want. you do not tell me what to write. you mind your posts and i will mind mine

we had this company ready to go in for free its ground pentrating radar AFAIK http://scantech.ie/
    we also had the cadaver dogs that were used in the Madeline McCann Case ( or from the same breeder/trainer anyway) ready to come in , The Gardai top brass promised us we would get in they would just have to supervise

Then Marys Uncle Gerry Refused us and the Gardai said they were going in with their own scanners and no dogs but never did.

*Disclaimer* I dont believe in pyschics

But the one Margo got after Ann senior asked her too described to a tee the person we think it was , Ann senior said it just confirmed what she knew

What Margo wont tell anyone is because My uncle didnt work for a long time after Mary went missing as he would drive around looking for her Margo paid him & Ann senior a weekly amount to keep them going

also to add the Gards brought in a pyschic in the 90s and she named him not quite by name but by who he was .. kinda hard to explain without naming him
    me neither i just wonder what she said. as for the one the garda contacted she could have dug it up somewhere if it was the 90's 2 decades later. Do you know who it was in the 90's
    Marys Uncle Gerry Refused us
    it is his land? If so I don't think the garda can go in without a warrant? That would need evidence, i would think. maybe they applied for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭oceanman

NIMAN wrote: »

I think you will find many police forces around the world use psychics, especially in missing persons cases ect..

oceanman wrote: »
    I think you will find many police forces around the world use psychics, especially in missing persons cases ect..

but none have ever located a body

but even though i dont believe them I have had some 2nd hand tales that makes me wonder but then I wasnt there to see was there cold reading going on etc

FWIW NIMAN I can see exactly what you are saying but IMO anythig that keeps the discussion moving and out there im fine with

Just to add the Donegal News / Derry People have done a piece about the podcast in tonights ( this weekends) edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

oceanman wrote: »

I am sure there are many psychics that claim they have worked with police departments. I cant remember any police departments saying they found somebody with the help of psyshics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

New Podcast about the Mary Boyle case called No Body Recovered

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/no-body-recovered-bbc-radio-_HQmnBIJDN7/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

New Podcast about the Mary Boyle case called No Body Recovered

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/no-body-recovered-bbc-radio-_HQmnBIJDN7/

I guess you did not read the last number of pages in this thread :(

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111818665&postcount=2672

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Resurrecting this thread if that's ok .
    Margo on Irish Radio speaks about Mary Boyle.
    Nothing new in her interview, but she speaks of a new documentary
    due out soon on Netflix;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgfHtwDUmqQ&t=504s
    (about 17 mins in)

Might be good to keep Mary's story alive and keep in peoples minds.
    Nearly 44 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Be good if the Netflix documentary could be linked here when it gets released, sounds like it could be interesting.

Has it been said who is making it, some Irish journalist??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Be good if the Netflix documentary could be linked here when it gets released, sounds like it could be interesting.

Two guys from N.I. from what I recall

She said the body is in Cashelard so why can they not search all of it?

What happpened in Birmingham?

Two guys from N.I. from what I recall

yeah two guys from Belfast who have built up a successful company making music videos etc but are looking into branching out into documentaries now we have been filming with them for over 2 years now.

She said the body is in Cashelard so why can they not search all of it?

What happpened in Birmingham?

their initial searches were ridiculous and there is many lakes that have not been searched , a lot of there most recent searches have been the same field over and over again

Mary was born in Birmingham, were her parents met.. her Uncle Gerry who was the last to see her alive, was living in the same building with his wife at the time also.

I will let you know as soon as I do when we know when its getting released we are hoping to have a trailer out soon led by a campaign then the doc we really want to get this to as wide an audience as possible as it feels like the relevant Irish authorities are happy to plod along as long as it remains a case mostly known in Ireland only

I also have to say nothing is in place with Netflix, the guys do have connections there and there is hope that it goes there or somewhere similar at least

yeah two guys from Belfast who have built up a successful company making music videos etc but are looking into branching out into documentaries now we have been filming with them for over 2 years now.

their initial searches were ridiculous and there is many lakes that have not been searched , a lot of there most recent searches have been the same field over and over again

Mary was born in Birmingham, were her parents met.. her Uncle Gerry who was the last to see her alive, was living in the same building with his wife at the time also.

I will let you know as soon as I do when we know when its getting released we are hoping to have a trailer out soon led by a campaign then the doc we really want to get this to as wide an audience as possible as it feels like the relevant Irish authorities are happy to plod along as long as it remains a case mostly known in Ireland only

I also have to say nothing is in place with Netflix, the guys do have connections there and there is hope that it goes there or somewhere similar at least
    Why would they search have been the same field over and over again? Can they get one of those scanners that i think, show if earth has been disturbed. I think they fly over the area.Or too expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The initial searches seem to have been based on information supplied by the family of the area where Mary was last seen. They also searched the local lakes as per the information of the Underwater Garda Unit head, Tosh Laverty.

From reading up on information I was always drawn to the the area where the search dog lost the trail which was exactly where a family member had his car parked on the lane beside the house. I always felt that she was taken away in that car and her body disposed of somewhere else, but that’s just my opinion.
    I’m sure the Garda and others have their suspicions.

• Advertisement

cheers, certainly would be good for the case for it to get a bit of international exposure. Any ideas if they are planning a single hour long documentary or would it be a mini series of 4 x 1 hours?

Any update on the Garda Cold Case review they promised, I still havent seen anything about that published in the media and it must be going on 2 years or more now since they said they would conduct it. They were very quick about announcing that cold case review when there were protests outside the Garda station and attention being drawn to the case but not so quick to actually do it and provide the results from what I can see.

I've followed this thread from the beginning, and I missed that very important
    piece of information completely.
    And now Margo's insistence that it was all about protecting the "family name" at
    any price makes sense.

Why would they search have been the same field over and over again? Can they get one of those scanners that I think, show if the earth has been disturbed. I think they fly over the area. Or too expensive?

we had a scanning company on standby as well as cadaver dogs too... just waiting for the word from the guards... they were both gonna do it for free. we were told if the owner of the land refused us a search that they would get a warrant. he did refuse, they didn't get a warrant or even try, they then told us that they were going in with their own scanning equipment and no dogs, this was 2016, they have done nothing since.. we had a diving search and rescue team ready to search a lake this year, but we needed guards just to be there sat in their car in case they found something as it would then be a crime scene..
    they refused

they are just trying to look as if they are doing something basically by digging the same field, it is the neighbours that Gerry was visitings field, they are in no way involved
    The initial searches seem to have been based on information supplied by the family of the area where Mary was last seen. They also searched the local lakes as per the information of the Underwater Garda Unit head, Tosh Laverty.

From reading up on information I was always drawn to the the area where the search dog lost the trail which was exactly where a family member had his car parked on the lane beside the house. I always felt that she was taken away in that car and her body disposed of somewhere else, but that’s just my opinion.
    I’m sure the Garda and others have their suspicions.

yes I feel the same to the car belonged to who you might guess it did
    cheers, certainly would be good for the case for it to get a bit of international exposure. Any ideas if they are planning a single hour long documentary or would it be a mini-series of 4 x 1 hours?

honestly no idea but I'm assuming a one-off, ill ask the lads though

Any update on the Garda Cold Case review they promised, I still haven't seen anything about that published in the media and it must be going on 2 years or more now since they said they would conduct it. They were very quick about announcing that cold case review when there were protests outside the Garda station and attention being drawn to the case but not so quick to actually do it and provide the results from what I can see.

I met with a cold case detective and gave him al i know / have, he told me that the gardai were the envy of the world's police as they have the lowest unsolved murder cases per capita

I then gave him a USB stick to transfer an MP4 video I have to their system, they were running Windows XP and it honestly took about 2 hours to transfer a 10-minute video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Any updates on this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I saw a tweet from @nwl88444048 that named the recently deceased main suspect, but it seems to have been removed now.

Well he was the last person to see her alive.

It is a very strange case, but looks like it's buried for good now

eh, what is this thread doing in Conspiracy Theories? Its a real case with a victim and suspect, not some conspiracy

Maybe read the op from 10 years ago.

I revived the thread because there is a lot of information here for people who may not be familiar with the story.

I could have started a new thread I suppose in hindsight.

Post edited by chooseusername on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There is another thread on AH for it but this thread has more details

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057616678/mary-boyle-cover-up-by-mainstream-media#latest

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement