Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ICU Online Events

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭RooksPawn

sodacat11 wrote: »
    Presumably each team will be in a
    room with an arbiter present. No chance of cheating then unless the arbiter allows it and that is inconceivable.

Yes but that means assembling teams in one place which could be problematic with kids living in lots of different towns/cities, especially for the French?

Also various other issues could arise especially with the Robinson Cup (six kids under 12).

Arbiters in the various places will need to be in contact with each other and a Chief arbiter via Zoom or similar?

Worth a try I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭2bts

French are all Ille de France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

The Lindores Abbey tournament was excellent viewing! apart from the squeaky grating commentary by that Tania woman and the silly Armageddon finishes. I don't see why the players couldn't have played a blitz decider, something like 3 minutes each with a 2 second increment.
    I've noticed that when footballers are interviewed they all start off answering questions with the inane "yeah no" (what the hell does that mean?? ) and then they proceed to say "you know" or "as I said" in every sentence. Chess players are becoming just as bad, the top players all seem incapable of speaking without throwing "I mean" into every sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

First time playing the ICU teams blitz tonight and thought it was very enjoyable. Rather disappointing that one of my opponents gave up his queen after 10/15 seconds and just let his clock run out, which happens often enough apparently. Do such players get banned from future events?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Certainly the site will warn you automatically and ban you if you do it too often (to allow for genuine disconnection issues, etc)

• Advertisement
Advertisement