Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Humanity crossed, thread ban.

• 11-07-2020 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    Thread banned for calling comments bratty and snide.
    TBF theres comments by others calling people scum, meat puppets and the like so its difficult to see the line as saying comments are 'bratty' or 'snide'. Someone used 'Snide' today. I don't see the issue. I've asked the Mod to clarify but no reply as yet.
    The other poster and I had this one interaction so its not a matter of us being at it.
    We both got thread banned.

Can someone look into this?
    My last post in the 'Is it just me or have SF vanished?'
    In Current Affairs.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to Helpdesk as this isn't DRP related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Hello,
    I have heard back from the Mod and his issue with my post. It does not justify a thread ban. Can I escalate this? I don't know what the deal is with thread bans and being moved to help.
    I've no issue with the Mod I just think it was an over reaction.

Also 3 different posters have commented on my posts in the last few days. One today. I cannot reply.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The mod is allowed to post here (but not required to). Equally a CMod or Admin can look to arbitrate.

If no-one gets back here in the next 24 hours I'll have a look (I've been away for a few days and have a lot of catching up to do)

Beasty wrote: »
    The mod is allowed to post here (but not required to). Equally a CMod or Admin can look to arbitrate.

If no-one gets back here in the next 24 hours I'll have a look (I've been away for a few days and have a lot of catching up to do)

I appreciate it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bowie wrote: »
    Hello,
    Thread banned for calling comments bratty and snide.
    TBF theres comments by others calling people scum, meat puppets and the like so its difficult to see the line as saying comments are 'bratty' or 'snide'. Someone used 'Snide' today. I don't see the issue. I've asked the Mod to clarify but no reply as yet.
    The other poster and I had this one interaction so its not a matter of us being at it.
    We both got thread banned.

Can someone look into this?
    My last post in the 'Is it just me or have SF vanished?'
    In Current Affairs.

Thanks.

The post below was the one you were thread banned for, I believe?
    Look at the quality of your input here. Bratty snide remarks.
    You keep posting ****e theres people will dispute it. Pretty simple. You don't need to be pro SF or pro IRA to call out FG jibber-jabber based on the fear the electorate are finally on to yis ;)

Tbh, I'm failing to find an issue here with the thread ban. The basic doctrine of advice for posting on Boards is to attack the post, not the poster. That quoted post, posted by you on the thread in question, is a straightforward attack on the poster.

To my mind, you may count yourself lucky there wasn't a card issued on top of the thread ban.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Having just approved Buford's post I will chip in as hopefully we can quickly draw a line under this

If that is what you posted I would agree with Buford's analysis and support the threadban.

I just want to be treated equally. The moderation is uneven. You just need look at the thread to see the tone allowed.

I was speaking on the tone of the post, not the poster.
    Look at the quality of your input here. Bratty snide remarks.

He was thread banned for his remarks and I was thread banned for calling them out.

We'd a person make light of Brian Cowen's stroke in 3 posts in a very tasteless manner. 1st was a warning, 2nd was a warning, 3rd was a thread ban.
    I feel my ban right out the gate was way over board. You lads disagree.
    The moderation seems uneven to me.

Thanks for putting the time in.

We'd a person make light of Brian Cowen's stroke in 3 posts in a very tasteless manner. 1st was a warning, 2nd was a warning, 3rd was a thread ban.
    I feel my ban right out the gate was way over board. You lads disagree.
    The moderation seems uneven to me.

Thanks for putting the time in.
    Just to be clear

1st was a yellow

2nd was a yellow and a threadban issued simultaneously

There was no "3rd"

Beasty wrote: »
    Just to be clear

1st was a yellow

2nd was a yellow and a threadban issued simultaneously

There was no "3rd"

Fair enough.
    Were I called a comment, (that got the poster thread banned) bratty and snide and I was instantly thread banned. I more called attention to it because I was seeking clarity on the reasoning as the thread is littered with 'scum' 'meat puppet' and the like.

I do appreciate the time put in. I still find it uneven.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement