Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

503 errors

• 05-05-2019 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill this request. Please try again or return to the homepage.

Also getting cloudflare kicking in. Are we under attack?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Harry Palmr,

There were some issues over the weekend, but everything should be back to normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I've been getting these errors for weeks at random when I try to navigate to view my own posts.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Me too. Getting them now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Back to this again. Wunderbar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Should be resolved now.
    R.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Spleodar

This is happening again.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks, as highlighted by hullaballoo here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058112220 - there was a spate of spam accounts being registered and these errors were likely a knock-on effect of this kind of activity. Sorry for the disruption, but we are trying to keep on top of things. The sign-in/sign-up does seem to be impacted at the moment. I would also advise copying any post that you have typed up in case of an error (I have been getting some database errors when trying to post).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

getting lots of errors on various threads today.

Hi folks, as highlighted by hullaballoo here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058112220 - there was a spate of spam accounts being registered and these errors were likely a knock-on effect of this kind of activity. Sorry for the disruption, but we are trying to keep on top of things. The sign-in/sign-up does seem to be impacted at the moment. I would also advise copying any post that you have typed up in case of an error (I have been getting some database errors when trying to post).

Even that link throws up a 503 error. :)

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Even that link throws up a 503 error. :)

The link works now, and no more 503 errors today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Oh crap still something not right as getting 503 errors and posts answered are not showing and database error.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

'should' - I think, maybe, hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

503's going off all over the place atm..

Edit.

Just got a 503 trying to post that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

503's going off all over the place atm..

Edit.

Just got a 503 trying to post that :pac:

Edit:

Then this!
    Oops: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Notice getting a ddos check now on browser before entering forum.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Apologies for the issues over the weekend everyone, there were some database issues causing problems on Saturday night and early Sunday which the team resolved but the breaking news about potentially moving to Level 5 restrictions caused a huge influx of traffic to the site (probably in addition to the soccer) and the site became unstable. Things should be much more stable today. Thanks for your patience, I appreciate it was a frustrating experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm still getting 503 on full site chrome on the mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just 503'd on the desktop

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement