Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

ooter wrote:
    I already have a now tv stick and account, if I buy another stick for my dad can I use my login on it and will he be able to watch content from his house or would I be better registering a new account for him?

You can share your login.

2 viewers can be watching at same time.

My parents are using my account to watch it. No issues with both of us watching at same time. Both for same channel & different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭ooter

Thanks a lot lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just got an email offer for 2 months Sky sports pass for €30.

Assuming that doesn’t include the extra pack (BT etc)?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You can share your login.

2 viewers can be watching at same time.

My parents are using my account to watch it. No issues with both of us watching at same time. Both for same channel & different ones.

Good to know.
    One more question that you or someone else may know, is it ok to register say your phone as a device on top of 2 other sticks you have registered in 2 different homes and watch stuff on that phone outside using your mobile data, just so long as no more than 2 devices are using it at a time?

ooter wrote:
    Good to know. One more question that you or someone else may know, is it ok to register say your phone as a device on top of 2 other sticks you have registered in 2 different homes and watch stuff on that phone outside using your mobile data, just so long as no more than 2 devices are using it at a time?

Yep, you can have 5/6 devices active on the account. Can't recall offhand. You can log onto nowtv website & cancel any device.

I have my mothers phone & tablet -> they cast it to tv.

I do the same with my phone & tablet..

• Advertisement

Another question lads, I've noticed that the mobile package only includes the sky sports channels, if I sign up to a sky sports package with bt and premier sports on the stick and add a mobile as a device will that mobile be able to access all sports channels?

Mobile package is just one device I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The pass allowing you to use the Now tv app on mobile allows up to 4 devices as far as I recall. Certainly more than 2.

No idea if the mobile app will detect that the stick is a slightly different package. Presume they are compatable and a pass is a pass but not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I have 6 devices registered.
    A stick,
    A box,
    A smart tv
    Two phones
    One tablet.

Can use two at any time to watch now tv, but also the stick and box can ve used for Netflix, Disney etc at same time while we vould also be using two other devices to look at nowtv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

ooter wrote: »
    Another question lads, I've noticed that the mobile package only includes the sky sports channels, if I sign up to a sky sports package with bt and premier sports on the stick and add a mobile as a device will that mobile be able to access all sports channels?

Mobile package is nothing to do with Now TV, that's an entirely different product

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭high horse

Can you use nowtv on a chromecast? I'm thinking of subscribing if I can chromecast it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

high horse wrote:
    Can you use nowtv on a chromecast? I'm thinking of subscribing if I can chromecast it

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭high horse

Yes

Good to know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Quality is good - recommend that if you’re watching a game, avoid social media as you’re typically around 90 seconds or more behind live tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Is la liga tv available with the sports extra pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Is la liga tv available with the sports extra pack?

No but: La Liga TV from Premier Sports is free until October 1st - https://www.premiersports.com/ - signed up with U.K. post code and it accepted my Irish bank card. Works on web browser or apps and you can cast to your tv. Plays fine without the need for a VPN.

£5.99 a month after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Just bought a few sports packs from HN for EUR30 per month for the Now TV stick and a months Sports+ Sports Extra. Just added to existing account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Just bought a few sports packs from HN for EUR30 per month for the Now TV stick and a months Sports+ Sports Extra. Just added to existing account

Great Choice , I bought 9 sticks and on month 4 that way, Great Quality and added plus of Disney + , RTE Player Youtube and Spotify on the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

If you already have an account and are availing of the 2 months of sky sports for 30e offer they gave recently, what happens to that subscription if you buy a nowtv stick with 1 month sky sports and 1 month sports extra pack. I emailed them last week but no sign of a reply.

Also anyone else having issues with the player on the laptop? Would be nice to watch a match uninterrupted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

chasm wrote: »
    If you already have an account and are availing of the 2 months of sky sports for 30e offer they gave recently, what happens to that subscription if you buy a nowtv stick with 1 month sky sports and 1 month sports extra pack.

You register the stick, login when prompted using your existing login details (do not create a new account) and the passes will be added to your account.

When you go to https://www.nowtv.com/ie/account/passes it will show 'You have 2 vouchers waiting for you'

You can only activate these when in the last 30 days before the existing offer you have runs out. Then you just click on and activate them. next month, do the same. Just make sure to do before the date you revert to full pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

If I get a Now TV stick can I watch RTE Player and Virgin Media player without subscribing to Sky. I see that they are included on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

TinCanMan wrote: »
    If I get a Now TV stick can I watch RTE Player and Virgin Media player without subscribing to Sky. I see that they are included on it.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Yes

Thanks for confirming. I only have freesat so this is a good way to get the irish channels.

TinCanMan wrote: »

Yes and all4 player. From my experience the now tv stick is the best device for watching rte player on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Got an offer for Sports Extra pass for 3 months for 30e. Mostly have my standard sports pass mainly for soccer (some golf and rugby championship) Anything on sports extra worth getting it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    You register the stick, login when prompted using your existing login details (do not create a new account) and the passes will be added to your account.

When you go to https://www.nowtv.com/ie/account/passes it will show 'You have 2 vouchers waiting for you'

You can only activate these when in the last 30 days before the existing offer you have runs out. Then you just click on and activate them. next month, do the same. Just make sure to do before the date you revert to full pricing.

Thanks for your help. All set up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

sugarman wrote: »
    Soccer wise, 12.30 and 3pm PL games every Saturday. As well as Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A games and CL/EL games when they start back.

Rugby, European Cup and Pro 14.

Quick correction, Pro 14 is not available on Now TV

European champions and challenge cups and English Premiership are available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I have very little interest in sky sports but wouldn't mind the sky sports extra pack for the European rugby, can I get this and use one pass and let a friend use the other one?

I have very little interest in sky sports but wouldn't mind the sky sports extra pack for the European rugby, can I get this and use one pass and let a friend use the other one?

From what I have gathered, if you sign up for the sports pack your friend could also use it on his device at the same time but no more devices than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,613 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You can get the extra by itself :)

Advertisement