Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cosmic Grey €750.49 (-36% €1,152.99)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭Barr

swine wrote: »
    11111 as it wouldn't accept 00000.

Thanks , I wont be too far behind you , keep me posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭unhappyBB

Ordered from Amazon.de 2 weeks ago and contacted them yesterday to find out why it hasn't shipped yet. I got an email this morning apologising and saying it would be dispatched within 48 hours and they would refund my p&p. Just got another email to let me know that they cancelled my order due to lack of availability. I wonder how long they would've dragged this out if I hadn't contacted them.:mad::mad::mad:

unhappyBB wrote: »
    Ordered from Amazon.de 2 weeks ago and contacted them yesterday to find out why it hasn't shipped yet. I got an email this morning apologising and saying it would be dispatched within 48 hours and they would refund my p&p. Just got another email to let me know that they cancelled my order due to lack of availability. I wonder how long they would've dragged this out if I hadn't contacted them.:mad::mad::mad:

Did you but through the warehouse in the end or was it it new.

Either way bad form , whatever is going on at the moment. Normally Amazon is very smooth.

Barr wrote: »
    Did you but through the warehouse in the end or was it it new.
    I chanced buying from the warehouse because I've never done it before and wanted to see how it worked out. This could turn out to be a costly €80 "saving" as the price for the phone has now gone up. I've contacted Amazon again so will let ye know what they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭swine

Let me know if it worked for you.

I have sent off an email to aktionen@samsung.de to see what they say.

Did you hear anything back Barr? I have not gotten a response to the shipping label email.

I got an automated email to say the trade in process had updated (it's about 6 steps), but it's still just stage 1 (online device evaluation complete).

• Advertisement

Did you hear anything back Barr? I have not gotten a response to the shipping label email.

I got an automated email to say the trade in process had updated (it's about 6 steps), but it's still just stage 1 (online device evaluation complete).

Nothing back from my email . The phone has arrived though and I've done the registration as well.

Like you , the country was stuck as Germany but worked around it . I got an automated email back so I'll see what happens next.

Nothing back from my email . The phone has arrived though and I've done the registration as well.

Like you , the country was stuck as Germany but worked around it . I got an automated email back so I'll see what happens next.

I just got an email from Samsung to say Teqcyclye will send the shipping label in a separate email today - so looking a bit more likely

I just got an email from Samsung to say Teqcyclye will send the shipping label in a separate email today - so looking a bit more likely

Sounds like your sorted by that , hopefully there wont be issues with payment to an Irish back account.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

So did they complete the proof of purchase part then send an email about the shipping label?

zep wrote: »
    So did they complete the proof of purchase part then send an email about the shipping label?

You are supposed to get a shipping label filling in the trade in form, but the address is presumably what is causing an issue. I got a notification that it was submitted, but to email them for the shipping label.

I emailed them (samsung) and got this back:

"thank you for your mail!

You´ll get the label in a separate mail from teqcycle after a successful registration"

After this I got an email about the trade in (teqcycle):

"we have news about your sale [process no .: #####].

For more information, please click here: your status page"

On the status page "Online device evaluation completed" is marked in green, so they are evaluating the purchase details.

It's 50/50 whether or not it works for people outside Germany at the moment.

• Advertisement

So I got an email from them that there was an update, clicked link and only step 1 complete using my laptop (multiple browsers).
    Just now I opened the link on my mobile and low and behold there is a shipping label and instructions in the mobile browser, go figure.
    It's a prepaid DHL label and instructions. Now to establish if that label will cover postage from Ireland to Germany.

So I got an email from them that there was an update, clicked link and only step 1 complete using my laptop (multiple browsers).
    Just now I opened the link on my mobile and low and behold there is a shipping label and instructions in the mobile browser, go figure.
    It's a prepaid DHL label and instructions. Now to establish if that label will cover postage from Ireland to Germany.

I just checked this on my phone and had the same thing. However when I click on the shipping label I get a requested resource was not found. Is this the same for you?

No I've got the shipping label and instructions.

This is like a German lesson in school :D

I got an email from them with a link and which gives the 7 stages

For me , only 1 is ticked with a green arrow

This is the list (from google tranlate)

Have ye moved on to 2 or do the labels come after 1?

Status of your sales
    1. Online device evaluation completed
    2. Proof of purchase has been successfully checked
    3rd consignment received by Teqcycle
    4. Device evaluation by Teqcycle
    5. Sale completed and device deletion initiated
    6. Payment instructed
    7. Deletion confirmation (s) available

No I've got the shipping label and instructions.

Any update Zep , have you sent your old phone away.

I'm still waiting for a shipping label.

Any update Zep , have you sent your old phone away.

I'm still waiting for a shipping label.

Did you try it on mobile? I see a green tick for step 1 on desktop, but have a link to a shopping label on mobile. Still saying not found when I click on it though 😕

I've not sent old phone yet. Might try it on Friday or early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Did you try it on mobile? I see a green tick for step 1 on desktop, but have a link to a shopping label on mobile. Still saying not found when I click on it though ��

It has appeared on my Samsung browser using my phone . I must try print it off somwehere next.

Bhangraman wrote: »

Whats the catch with that crowd? Customs? Warranty? Has anyone got a S20+ from them?

The blue version is €669 and the 5G 12Gb RAM version is €727 (Are the frequencies even right for Ireland? They seem to be)
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s20-g985-8gb-128gb-dual-sim-cloud-blue-1.html
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s20-g9860-12gb-128gb-dual-sim-unlocked-5g-cloud-blue.html

• Advertisement

Finally got an email back from them saying :

"thank you for your mail.

Unfortunately we can not fulfill your wish.

The conditions of participation explicitly state:
    The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies.

We are also the German online shop of Samsung.

Of course you can contact our complaint management.

voc@samsung.de "

Did anyone get further in the end (returning their old phone) ?

I have sent an email to that new address

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

unhappyBB wrote: »
    Whats the catch with that crowd? Customs? Warranty? Has anyone got a S20+ from them?

The blue version is €669 and the 5G 12Gb RAM version is €727 (Are the frequencies even right for Ireland? They seem to be)
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s20-g985-8gb-128gb-dual-sim-cloud-blue-1.html
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s20-g9860-12gb-128gb-dual-sim-unlocked-5g-cloud-blue.html

Yes I ordered the blue. Just awaiting delivery. CEX are giving me €427 for my s10+ so cost €242 to upgrade. My S10+ is from amazon Germany and my S9 was from amazon italy and I have never had any issues with the handsets or warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

willah wrote: »
    Yes I ordered the blue. Just awaiting delivery. CEX are giving me €427 for my s10+ so cost €242 to upgrade. My S10+ is from amazon Germany and my S9 was from amazon italy and I have never had any issues with the handsets or warranty.

hi did you get your phone from eglobalcentral - no issues with them? how long did the delivery take and did it come with a 2-pin adapter?

hi did you get your phone from eglobalcentral - no issues with them? how long did the delivery take and did it come with a 2-pin adapter?

I'm still waiting. Deliverys take 2 and a half to 3 weeks according to another thread. And I don't know about the plug but it doesn't bother me as my previous two phones came with the european plug type. I just push the earth in and they work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Did you sell to CEX in person or online? Curious as to how online would go. Thanks.

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Did you sell to CEX in person or online? Curious as to how online would go. Thanks.

In person. I'm still using the s10+ until the s20+ arrives. I've sold cex electronics before and depending on who serves you in the shop you can get more than the advertised price. They buy the black s10+ for €458 according to their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

I'm still waiting. Deliverys take 2 and a half to 3 weeks according to another thread. And I don't know about the plug but it doesn't bother me as my previous two phones came with the european plug type. I just push the earth in and they work fine.

3 weeks delivery time oh wow...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

It's only showing up as 612now,seems a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

The offer in OP is for the exynos version (G985). The one you want is the snapdragon version (G986). The exynos SOC has worse battery life and performance compared to snapdragon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Lenny wrote: »
    It's only showing up as 612now,seems a good price

Suprised this hasn't appeared on hotukdeals.

I got the S10 normal version last year from wowcamera and no issues since. I know wowcamera is not eglobal but was similar in that sense that I wasn't sure what I was dealing with:pac:

Advertisement