Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

very nice in Dublin 5, dry and sunny. feeling warmer compared to the last few days.

Edit: it's actually a nicer day than nearly all of the days in the warm spell because despite the colder temperatures, the skies are more pure blue compared to the hazy appearance they had during that spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Low of -0.8c and grass temp of -4.9c just outside of town here this morning:

KjDcfUo.png

(source: UK Met 'WoW')

Think the official September record low is -3.2c or something like that for here locally. It would take something special to beat that.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely day in mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

km79 wrote: »
    Lovely day in mayo

Amen to that! Spellbinding. Digging potatoes out there by the ocean was a glory of sky and ocean.

It looks to be going to be a chilly night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

From met " At 0900 this morning, there was a huge difference in air temperatures across the country. It was 0C in parts of Co. Sligo and Co. Tyrone.
    However, under cloud pushing in from the Atlantic, it was 12C at our stations at Valentia Observatory & Mace Head"

• Advertisement

Was up and out cycling early this morning. Heavy frost in Cork city at 7am. Must be one of the earliest frosts we've had in Cork in years. Met.ie was reporting 6 degrees but it was way colder than that. Frost burned off by about 9am but was lingering in some sheltered spots later than that outside the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely day in Letterkenny again, totally calm and sunny, feels a lot warmer than 14C

Bright (ish) morning now given way to lowering gun metals. Still dry and pleasant feeling though.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Another lovely day in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

A great 2 days. It's amazing how Sept has had more good weather than the summer months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Gorgeous Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I heard the BBC weatherman say this morning that last night's temperature in Northern Ireland was the lowest ever recorded for September

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got a reading of 17.6C here near Tralee today, certainly felt it whilst out working in the garden, sunshine from late morning/ early afternoon and had the sleeves rolled up and sweating ! My sheltered conditions might have aided the temp a bit. I see Shannon the nearest to me at 16.7C

Great day.

txint_uk_vum6.png

It was deeply silent when I woke half an hour ago, but heavy rain is bouncing off the roof now, Still no wind; when there is wind it bangs off the walls! The mildness is lovely.

No need for a fire for a couple or three days now.

West Mayo offshore.

This time yesterday it was hovering around zero degrees. 24 hours later it is 13.8c and last night's temps were amongst the warmest this month.

New Moon

A dark blanket of saturating Stygian gloom... Hibernation calls..

A dull, wet morning in wexford. I was expecting it since I saw the clouds come in last night when I was out gardening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Wexford, Wicklow, Galway, Mayo, Cork, Kerry and Waterford

Heavy and at times intense rainfall with totals of 25 to 40mm expected. This may result in localized flooding. The rain will clear western counties by early Wednesday morning.

Valid: 21:00 Tuesday 29/09/2020 to 12:00 Wednesday 30/09/2020

Issued: 11:00 Monday 28/09/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Ground was damp this morning but brightened up nicely again in Letterkenny with good spells of sunshine. I've been dreading the thought of a long dark winter ahead in lockdown so it's been great to get this spell to make it that bit shorter

One of those rare and lovely living days of sun and breeze. Bright, alive, the air warm enough for comfort..

"Gather the fine days while you may, As rain is soon a gathering!"

as the yellow warning advises..

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement

Cleared up nicely in wexford this afternoon.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Wexford, Wicklow, Galway, Mayo, Cork, Kerry and Waterford

Heavy and at times intense rainfall with totals of 25 to 40mm expected. This may result in localized flooding. The rain will clear western counties by early Wednesday morning.

Valid: 21:00 Tuesday 29/09/2020 to 12:00 Wednesday 30/09/2020

Issued: 11:00 Monday 28/09/2020

Current rainfall totals for September in Wexford are 29mm, this rain will probably bring it up quite a bit, which is a shame as this month was looking to be such a dry month in terms of rainfall totals compared to the summer :D.

Anyway, lovely sunny warm evening here, though I do prefer the cold :D.

Another beautiful day in Cork. Started out grey and murky and had a few showers in the morning, but cleared before lunch and turned out to be a beautiful, clear and sunny day. I would guess it maxed out at 16 degrees but so nice to see so many blue skies this September.

Nice evening to be out. Clear skies here in Castlebar . Moon rising in the south east sky and space station over at 8.47pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice orange moon rising earlier all right Oscar Bravo , lovely clear calm evening . 9.7C now.

Must get the camera out and see if I can get the ISS passing over.

Got up to a decent 15.8C here near Tralee today, good sunny spells, breeze was brisk in the afternoon but died down towards evening.

Sat pic earlier today.

EDIT: Lovely clear pass tonight, couldn't get a shot, but great to see with the young fella, he was convinced he could see the solar panels on it :)

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/

txint_uk_nel5.png

KGSPdKv.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Should get plenty of value if I pick up miserable weather gear by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Beautiful morning in Dublin, if you're near the sea it's worth getting up for the sunrise at around 7am, this is Dollymount earlier

dolly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Nice bright morning in Cork City, must have rained over night though. Looks like more rain to come aswell.

Update
    Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Wicklow, Cavan, Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

This evening, overnight and Wednesday morning spells of heavy rain moving eastwards over Ireland will give 25 to 40 mm of rain and a risk of localised flooding. Highest amounts in the southwest of the country and in mountainous areas.

Valid: 16:00 Tuesday 29/09/2020 to 12:00 Wednesday 30/09/2020

Issued: 11:32 Tuesday 29/09/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Advertisement