Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Bates or Peter Matthew?

• 14-11-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Have heard great things about both(Rory esp.)
    Who would you recommend(if any!!)of the two? I live in North Cork so live fairly close to both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭carrie12

I found Maria in Cobh the best , peter is great for the spirit with alittle for the future , maria is little spirits and lots of your future and present, thats my run on it , but don't just go to one how are you to know if they have connected with you properly, so go to two, its very easy for them to sit there and tell you important stuff about your life, its hard when your living it, and ten times worst when they miss guild you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Stacey91 wrote: »
    Have heard great things about both(Rory esp.)
    Who would you recommend(if any!!)of the two? I live in North Cork so live fairly close to both.

I would say that Rory Bates is more detailed and specific in terms of future predictions and timing.

I just remembered last week, while I was thinking about a fairly recent break-up with a girl, that Bates had predicted that I'd start seeing a girl during the first half of this year but that we'd have little in common and that'd it'd end up going nowhere. The lack of commonality was the primary reason for the the break-up - no matter how hard we tried to just get along, we were worlds apart. So Bates was right about that.

He predicted I'd meet an "ideal" (whatever that means - to each their own) girl next month though. We'll see..

Word of warning about Bates (if you aren't already aware of it) though: His timekeeping is appalling. He's worth the wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Stacey91

It's more the future predictions I'm interested in so I'll go with Rory Bates.

Haha his time-keeping seems to be brutal from what I've heard,everyones saying they were kept waiting for 2 hours....why do you think he's always so late??

Well I guess he was right about that girl then,I guess he says a lot of things that you might think small and trivial at the time but then when you look back you think,"Oh ya he was right."

Gonna give him a ring tomorrow!

I would have a search on Rollercoaster.ie first they are saying he is a spoof. you need some one honest when its your future the are guiding you on ..

carrie12 wrote: »
    I would have a search on Rollercoaster.ie first they are saying he is a spoof. you need some one honest when its your future the are guiding you on ..

They're saying on Rollercoaster that Bates is a spoof? As in, a fraud? Based on my own experience, I would say that's b.s. Even though he kept myself and my bro waiting for about 2 hours (possibly longer, come to think of it), my bro thought he was very accurate.

I only thought Bates was so-so when I saw him (but I didn't think he was a fraud either). I changed my mind about him only being average when his predictions started happening at the times he had said they would happen - three have occurred now.

I honestly don't think the guy is a fraud (or a "spoof", as they say). People mention cold-reading being used (and, sure, it often is), but I noticed Bates hardly looked at me the whole time while he was talking. Another thing was that he prattled on for a good 15 minutes without seeking confirmation or validation for every single detail he related to me.

As for why he's always late. I suppose he just fits too much into his day, underestimating the time he's able to allocate for those activities. Poor awareness of time. I know people who are always late for everything, others who are on time most of the time, and others who are 100% punctual. Probably depends on the individual's nature.

• Advertisement

go and look up rollercoaster and then under chit-chat & Trivia and this guy from cork has gone to them all apparently and just asked about Bates, well all the lads there say hold on to your money. now I'm only saying what I have read. I know some people are hard to read or the reader just dont connect but keep an eye on this thread, make your own mind up.:pac::pac::pac:

carrie12 wrote: »
    go and look up rollercoaster and then under chit-chat & Trivia [...]

I had a look at those posts. The reports are a bit mixed overall - one poster said they found Bates spookily accurate the first time they saw him, but found him completely off-target the second time round.

Another poster found him outright inaccurate. Reading through her post (which is fairly detailed), I was thinking, "Why didn't she just tell him after the fourth 'fact' he mentioned that he was totally wrong, thus putting an end to the reading?" Come on, like.

She complains about how terrible it was to have wasted €60, which could have been used to buy a nice Christmas present instead, but she could have easily salvaged her cash if she had spoken up during the first 10 minutes of the reading.

I mean, Bates talks a lot (between all the stuttering, like - sorry, but it's true) in a short space of time, so she should have been told a fair chunk of (in her case, inaccurate) details within 10 minutes. She would have had a lot to go on by then, i.e. "Is all this boll0cks or not?"

I'd say Bates has 'off days' like any person (when I saw him, I thought he seemed like a fella who gets stressed or worried easily), but I wouldn't go so far as accusing the man of being a con artist. Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mishca

I have been to Rory twice in the past, the first time I found him amazing and 101% accurate. The second he wasnt as good but he did tell me he was having an 'off' day which happens to him every now and then. His time keeping is definately appalling!! Does anyone have his present number cos the one I had for him dosent work anymore. Is he still in Clonmel?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Happyzebra

Dont know about the others aboved mentioned but went to see Peter recently and was very impressed. Am forever the cynic but I hope he was genuine. He said somethings that really spoke to me...he had contacted a close relative.
    Crazy stuff. Money well spent. For 55 euro hes well worth a visit.

Happyzebra wrote: »
    Dont know about the others aboved mentioned but went to see Peter recently and was very impressed. Am forever the cynic but I hope he was genuine. He said somethings that really spoke to me...he had contacted a close relative.
    Crazy stuff. Money well spent. For 55 euro hes well worth a visit.

Peter Matthews is the real deal alright, He has brought forward so many spirits for me and gave excellent reads about the life they had, things that I had done and they were around me at that time, watching over me. Peter is also very accurate with present predictions, as in things that may happen within weeks of the reading, and he gives a feel of what is come but maybe out a bit with the future of over three months ( Survey done through family and friends:D:D:D:D) Peter is having weekend workshops for people to develop their own ability, he said everybody has it, but our culture discouraged it, therefore we block it . but through meditation we can bring it forward. Meditation is great it can heal your mind, bring into your lives what we want. then we wouldn't need these mediums, :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Don't really have anytime for mediums or future telling, that's the problem with ppl to worried about the future and only to waste their present dreaming of things to come...

When people are dead why are people so much looking to get to hear from them? It's not healthy for the dead nor the living... How can a ghost move on when people keep getting this medium reading done..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭miss dakota

Hi Cork 24 why the hell are u reading this board then???? :rolleyes: surely its the sceptics corner 4 u

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cork24, please respect that people with a belief and interest in mediums and psychics post here, please dont disrupt threads on particular topics with off topic sidelines.

miss dakota, please report posts rather than debating in thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Report the post on what ground ??

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cork24 pm me for feedback if you need it rather than posting here. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 babavanga2020

Hi does anyone know if Rory Bates is still going? If so I’d be much obliged if someone could post me his telephone number. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Bump on this for Rory Bates number too. Is he still in Clonmel?

Advertisement