Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Joe Gough: Who's been?

• 19-02-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been to Joe Gough in Ashbourne, Co. Meath and what they made of him? Or do you know someone who's been?

I heard back from someone who'd been to him recently and I was shocked at what I heard. Just want to see if its a once off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭I_choose_life

Brutal, brutal, brutal, brutal..... DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

At the risk of repeating myself, this goes for all readers:

DO NOT PAY a bad psychic reader. Dont be embarrassed or shamed into paying for a lousy reading, please. It will raise the standard for everyone if people refuse to allow the scammers to thrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Could you share a bit more about WHY you think he's brutal? Have you been or are you going by something you've heard?

You'll do better warning people if you actually give reason.

I'm genuinely interested,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭I_choose_life

Joe Gough - Has anyone been to see him. sorry but I don't know how to put the link on the page. There is a list of various people (including myself) who gave there views (mostly poor) a few weeks ago. If you need me to clarify any further after reading I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417821

Some very good and very bad reviews.

I've to make a judgement call and have remove him from the directory on my site. I try to remain impartial but from what came back to me I could not prmote this man.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tara flame

~Found him very helpful and accurate. He is very direct but found the reading very accurate and went for a healing aswell found that brillant.

regards,#
    Tara Flame.

6th wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has been to Joe Gough in Ashbourne, Co. Meath and what they made of him? Or do you know someone who's been?

I heard back from someone who'd been to him recently and I was shocked at what I heard. Just want to see if its a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

I'm assuming Joe is the guy I went to see years ago in Ashbourne, glasses & beard?

Anyways I found him to be the best psychic to go to. I've had an interest in this for years now and have been to a load of them. Joe is hands down the best. While he was expensive at the time I went to see him (€70 circa 2005) I spent the guts of an hour with him. He was able to tell me things about my family, the tiniest details. The fact my brothers a stoner, the fact that my mother and youngest sister have asthma, the fact that my older sister and I are like chalk and cheese. I didn't give him any information about me nor did I encourage him when he was going down the right track. I always make a point of not encouraging them or giving any feedback to what these people say. He was able to tell me about the new career path I was about to take, he warned me that certain things would happen. Everything he told me has been true.

I've been thinking lately I wouldn't mind going back to him, see what he has to say now, I don't know if he's still doing it though. I'm always weary of taking peoples recommendations about these people as I never know just how encouraging these people are to what the psychics are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Everhopeful

I have found Joe Gough to be the best over and above all of the psychics I have gone to (quite addicted really). I was with him March 2009 and he told me I would meet a guy through work - straight away I said "no way" as I sit at a desk from 9am to 5 pm and never leave the office - he would see me before I see him, someone would take me out of the crowd and introduce me to this man and he would be European. I left Joe thinking "well that will never happen". It happend Oct '09 in exactly the way he had predicted. I went back again March this year and he told me all about this guy and could tell me the exact business he was in without any hint from me. He could describe him to a "t" and told me about a business deal he was involved in and it turned out to be true. That was only one example of what he told me. He was absolutely fantastic each time I went to him and extremely accurate. I do know he can't read Aries people so maybe those who thought he was "brutel" were Aries or maybe he just couldn't read them, which is not unusual. Several of my friends have gone to him and came out in shock. He is very direct and slightly strange but putting all that to one side he is, in my opinion, excellent.

Just to mention there is an old lady who lives in a cottage Ashbourne side of the timber yard on the N2. Hard to see the house as there are a lot of things in the garden but she is fantastic and only costs €20.
    All I can say is when she holds your hand, which she does for some reason, this calmness comes over you and you just want to sit for the whole day talking to her, and she is very accurate. You may also find she will say somethings that might mean nothing to you at the time but down the line it will come quite clear.

Hope this helps and sometimes we should just try these people out rather than listening to what people think, they can be different for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TaraJane

I went to Joe Gough a few years ago, I didn't have much experience with psycics at the time, but I was impressed. Before I sat down his first words were "i find aries very hard to read, this may be a problem", how did he know i was an aries??! He could tell me there was a glow around my left kidney and that I had problems with it. He got so many other things right, down to peoples names, so much that I couldnt possibly go into it all. but a lot of what he said was very accurate and would not be something that you could just guess. Would def recommend him, although be prepared to have a long waiting time and also when I last checked he was €80.

This old lady in Ashbourne, where exactly is she, does she have a phone number you can give?? I have heard about her but no one can tell me exactly where to find her?? thank you!

If you go to Dublin from Ashbourne using the old road (N2) you will come to the traffic lights at the timber yard where you turn left for the airport. Just about 1/4 mile back towards Ashbourne just after the petrol station on the left hand side there is an old cottage with lots of items in the garden. It has CCTV cameras and you can only park on the road. I don't have a phone nr for her and don't know her name but if you arrive during the day or Satruday morning just stand at the gate and she will come out to you. Don't go in unless she comes out. She is watching you from inside on the CCTV. She may see you straight away or she will ask you to make an appointment. Just be very nice to her and apologise for calling in without phoning but explain you don't have her nr. She will more than likely take you straight away. She is so lovely and kind and really really good. If you do go please let me know how you get on. I'm thinking of going back to her next week myself. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭river1

Hi Everhopeful

I'm thinking of going to the old lady in ashbourne under your recommendation.... is she really that good and have whatever she told you come true... any feedback would be greatly apperciated...
    Many thanx in advance
    River1

Like all of them the old lady may have been good for me but when you go you may not think the same. She was 100% accurate with what she told my sister. As soon as my sister walked into her house the old lady told her she had problems with her lungs, which she does and that was even before she sat down. She told her things that nobody else knew. She was fantastic with me, could tell me all about my ex-inlaws and she was spot on, and all about my children and of course myself. All I can say is try her, she is quite inexpensive so it's not as bad as going to the more expensive ones and coming out disappointed and feeling you have wasted a lot of money. She is really lovely and if nothing else she is lovely to talk to in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DANAK

little bonnie i think her name is,,ive been shes great she got evrything bang on u just turn up at her house between 10am and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭river1

Hi Danak,

Did you find any of her prediction comes true??? I have been getting mix reviews about her. was thinking of going to her myself and now I don't know do you think she is worth it??
    Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DANAK

she told me alot of stuff dat did happen a few months on,i found her charming and she didnt get any details wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sensibleshoes

Hi - I'm new to this but just wanted to let anybody know who is thinking of visiting Joe gough of my experience.

I have been to many fortune tellers over the years - I tell people I go for the crack but I expect to hear something that is vaguely familiar to me like names of places, people past, my job, my family my life.

I went to Joe in June. He began my session by saying "you're a virgo" no - "pices" no - "what are you" Scorpio. Your mother is in the spirit world and standing behind you - no she's at home with my Dad. You have two kids a boy and a girl - no.

I can understand these people taking the mickey and getting paid for it to an extent but this guy went on to tell me that I had been abused from the age of 6 (not true) - I had a mssive ego and to get over myself - (not my personality at all). He told me i would have no choice but get over my ego as I would have a major health event this year and would never work again. He also told me alot of his clients were psychologists and they were "nutters" - I was told I needed counselling but not to go to one of these - he had a friend a hypnotist who could help me.

Now I am an intelligent woman but I knew this guy was a chancer and I still can't believe I paid him (€80) and left. I found the reading disturbing and strongly feel that if anybody vulnerable, depressed or sensitive had a similar reading, this could be quite damaging.

Please, please, please do not visit this guy. He should be put out of this business and reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 melissa2010

Ive recently been to joe gough and found him to be the worst ive ever seen. he started off by asking was i an aries which im not and that i was very hard to read. he then did 3 decks of cards in which i got totally nothing out of. He should be able to tell u things if hes that good but instead wants you to ask him q's. Ive been to a lot of card readers/mediums/fortune tellers over the years and never experienced anythign like him. To me he comes across as a person who likes to knock the people who go into them and put u down. There was 3 of us in total and we were all shocked at what he told us and feel he is a total waste of money .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sue KO

Just to mention there is an old lady who lives in a cottage Ashbourne side of the timber yard on the N2. Hard to see the house as there are a lot of things in the garden but she is fantastic and only costs €20./

Been to Bunny a few times over the space of 20 years...absolutely fabulous...genuine gifted reader. Everything she said was true or turned out to be true. I'm a reader myself, and would only hope to be half as good as she.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

that little lady is a gem, her name is Bonnie. She doesnt take phone bookings, just arrive at the house (Theres loads of caravans in the garden, and the front of the house is a mess). She will come out the gate to you and welcome you in.

I found her fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

could someone pm me the number for joe gough??? im intrigued :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 smythdricks

Sensible shoes, i went to Joe Gough not so long ago, abouth a month ago, when i walked in fair enough he knew i was taurus, told me the little problem im having is because of stress f(reaked he knew about that) then went on to tell me i have a shopping problem, have i not seen the amount of shoe i have? eh hello 22 year old girl sitting in front of you tell me something i dont know. did the cards, said their are two men in my life, no connection at all told me im going to be exactly like my mother! I have a fiery attitude (maybe cause i wasnt impressed with what he was telling me) and my nostrils flare when I get frustrated, then he asked had i anymore questions i said can you tell me anything about my three sibilings, 'ah yes, you have three sisters? no, three brothers, yes well there all fine, the youngest one is gonna travel possible to the states and australia' thats great i said since my younger brother is past. He was gobsmacked. I dont know what it is but the other 3 with me that day all got bang on readings and i was left sick after paying 80 quid to be told porkies! he was facinated to discuss pyscology, maybe thats the trick but i wouldnt go again! I began to think i was addicted to readings but have now learned to Live life everyday as it comes no point getting predictions about it, it will only spoil the future! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 helserbelser

hi Everhopeful and Drivingscool...tried to see that old lady today near Ashbourne, but got lost and by time i found her house it was after four, I might try again next week, is she still definitely there and doing readings? did she ever turn you away?

Sorry Sue KO should have included you in that question too, did she ever turn you away over the 20 years?

Hi helserbelser, it's a pity you didn't go in at that time, I called into her one evening after 5pm and she had no problem taking me. Funny I was working in the garden earlier and thought to myself that I might pay her a visit and now here is your question. She never turned me away and I really don't think she would unless she was very tired. Definitely try her again she is really fantastic.
    Good Luck....

Hi Everhopeful, I know I was disappointed, but thought it was abit late.......I just waited at the big gate, and then saw the small gate across from the door? I just waited there, does she just normally come out? there was a padlock on the small gate though?

Hi helserbelser, if the padlock was on the gate she wasn't there. By the way I only heard over the w/end that she is only seeing people between the hours of 11am and 4pm so maybe that's why the lock was on the gate. She is quite old now so I'd say, due to this site, she was over-worked. Try and be there the next time for 11 am, she will be brighter at that stage.

Hi Everhopeful, went to Bonnie yesterday,she was great. such a lovely lady everyone, recommend her, she got everything spot on that it was scary, dont mind the mess of garden and house, really love gifted woman........

Hi helserbelser, delighted you got see her and that it was a successful reading. She is amazing and the lovely thing about her she isn't out to rip anybody off. Once you start talking to her you don't notice anything around her - must go again myself shortly, need to know about something important.

Hi Everhopeful
    how often do you go to her? would you ask what you want to know most times? I just let her chat to me on Sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭miss dakota

have not been to see that lady, but wish i had instead of joe Gough he was brutal really really bad, i went to him a year and a half ago, his wife was also very rude on the phone. i could not believe he was the same guy with all these glowing reviews, he said something very negative that really upset me at the time something about my body one of my organs and it wasnt true, hes just a dramatic con artist

Advertisement