Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shellbell

Hi wondering does anyone have a phone number for Eddie Christian?? Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scorptech

Hi Solas,

Well I've finally moved back over to Ireland and notice a lot of people looking for mediums, so I might be able to help you out here. I've already made contact with a number of mediums over here and will gradually be adding them to my website directory.

Here are some details for people looking for info and readings:-

www.circleofwhitelight.co.uk (my website - growing on a regular basis).

www.angelsofirelad.ie (I personally know Patrica and Stephen)

www.brendaridgeway.com (Brenda has just moved over from the U.S.A. and has opened the first metaphysical / spiritual church in Mount St, Dublin. She is running this with two other pyschic's.

www.margaretnelyon.com (author of Angel Magic and a medium - Based in Cavan).

As I get to met more and more mediums, I'll be adding them to my site.

Hope this helps.

Scorptech

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I assume that should be www.angelsofireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

heya scorptech, feel free to add your link to the useful linky sticky above.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

i hate to state the obvious,but if this guy is really psychic why the hell is he working out of the back of a pub in mullingar...

• Advertisement

read the charter Mark13.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Charter read,no offence intended,just please please please don't waste your time buying into this stuff..I've seen many people who get too deep into all this crap and end up wasting their time,money and lives on something worthless..my mother was deeply spiritual all her life then got hit by a drunk driver one fine day,and my dad started seeing a psychic,when I found out I had to come along and low and behold it was about convincing as Keith Barrys best magic tricks,which is to say not at all.Most psychics are charlatans,conmen,scum of the earth and yes I do know quite a few including one particularly famous one,who i've often caught out,so im not just being mean for the sake of it and finally yes the psychic in mullingar used to sell roses on the street,until he got some books on psychic methods,fact.

mark13 wrote:
    my mother was deeply spiritual all her life then got hit by a drunk driver one fine day,and my dad started seeing a psychic
    Sorry for your loss. Being spiritual and buying into psychic advice are two very different things, maybe someday you and your father will find the legacy your mother left and receive a greater comfort through it.
    Most psychics are charlatans,conmen,scum of the earth
    While I can understand your anger, your going to have to find some other way of managing it here at this forum.

solas wrote:
    heya scorptech, feel free to add your link to the useful linky sticky above.

Ok, I know I'm being a bit cheeky with the links but if there is a better way to point people in the right direction, I'll be more than happy to help!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Psychics don't exist and please don't be taken in by them. Some of you are very suggestible/innocent/weak-minded individuals who might be taken advantage of. Don't let your hard earned money go to these frauds.

• Advertisement

walt0r wrote:
    Psychics don't exist and please don't be taken in by them. Some of you are very suggestible/innocent/weak-minded individuals who might be taken advantage of. Don't let your hard earned money go to these frauds.

It’s nice to finally meet the world’s authority on psychic abilities!! You obviously have years of personal experience based on what you said.

But out of curiosity, what exactly is this "hindsight" based on??

It's actually quite simple. There is a $1,000,000 prize up for grabs from the James Randi Educational Foundation(www.randi.org) for anybody who can demonstrate psychic abilities in a controlled enivoronment. There have been many, many applicants but nobody has even passed their preliminary tests. There's no point even pointing this out to the 'true believers' though. Heck, you probably watch Derek Acorah on Most Haunted and think his oscar performances are actual possessions. I'm so sick of watching frauds like Derek Acorah, John Edwards, etc. on their HEAVILY-edited TV shows taking advantage of vulnerable people. www.badpsychics.com tbh.

James randi is a fraud. I suggest you do more reading on him.
    All the tests he has conducted have been to his design, when someones abilties don't fit, he moves the goalposts. He has no intention of giving away 1,000,000. dollars.
    Acorah, is just like Randi there are good scientists and bad scientists. (how about that top scientist chappie who lied about the stem stell results) They all start out with good intentions but a lot of people get distracted and swayed by fame and glory, the power of money. Randi is no different. You can be sure he's making a quick buck selling his shizzle too.

heres something you might be interested in.

http://www.thewonderoftheworld.com/newsrelease-flew.php
    World's Most Famous Atheist Accepts Existence of God,
    Cites Modern Science!

The best-known atheist of the last 50 years, Professor Antony Flew, made the announcement in a symposium on science and religion, that the discoveries of modern science have led him to accept the existence of God. Flew was joined in the symposium by leading Israeli scientist Gerald Schroeder and noted Scottish thinker John Haldane.

I have a belief in the paranormal alright. But if you are telling me psychics like Acorah are genuine then just get bent. Randi is not perfect and I have read some of those stories that you are talking about from past applicants to the prize who just failed miserably and are sore because of just that.

waltor wrote:
    But if you are telling me psychics like Acorah are genuine then just get bent.
    maybe you should re read my post
    me wrote:
    Acorah, is just like Randi, there are good scientists and bad scientists. They all start out with good intentions but get distracted and swayed by fame and glory, the power of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Derek Acorah is definitely not genuine. "Most haunted" is entertainment with no psychic content, he is in the same league as Uri Geller the illusionist

So who are the genuine psychics? I actually am considering going to a medium next time I'm in Dublin. I really don't think I would be convinced but I'd give it a shot.

They are few and far between. I'm not in Dublin but I hear Carol Byrne is decent and people recommend Eddie Christian, but as I haven't met either of them I can't offer an opinion. I no longer have their numbers, so maybe someone here can provide.
    You could try Scorptechs links.

WALT0r wrote:
    So who are the genuine psychics? I actually am considering going to a medium next time I'm in Dublin. I really don't think I would be convinced but I'd give it a shot.

When you are coming to Dublin let me know and I'll put you in touch with a good medium (she does charge €80 euro an hour).

Let's just clarify something here, there is a difference between a psychic medium and a spiritualist medium. Spiritualist mediums can work both on a psychic and spiritual level, were as pychic mediums only work on a psychic level.

The newspapers have a lot to answer for calling "spiritualist mediums" psychic mediums.

The development circle members which I develop with all work on a spiritual /psychic level.

By the way, James Randi was invited by Doris Stokes twice to prove her ability, but he turned her down, twice.

• Advertisement

I can't agree with you there. By definition anyone calling themselves a medium is psychic and may be spiritualist. I've never found a genuine medium who sees people for money. Despite what anyone claims, those who have moved into the spirit world are not available to commumicate every time someone trys to consult them. Be careful, it is a field full of people who can do psychological damage at worst, at best you are told a bunch of generalizations by chancers.

mysteria wrote:
    I can't agree with you there. By definition anyone calling themselves a medium is psychic and may be spiritualist. I've never found a genuine medium who sees people for money. Despite what anyone claims, those who have moved into the spirit world are not available to commumicate every time someone trys to consult them. Be careful, it is a field full of people who can do psychological damage at worst, at best you are told a bunch of generalizations by chancers.

Mysteria, As a person who is involved in spiritualism, been in two development circles (UK & Ireland) and has trained and taught psychology, I am well aware of the dangers, however, like all things in society today, there are always bad apples who spoil it for everyone else because of greed etc.

If a medium does not want to charge anything for a reading, than that's down to the medium. Spirit know that readings take up a mediums time so they do not have a problem if you charge, however, if someone charges way beyond the norm, then you have to ask yourself why that is.

Your comment "anyone calling themselves a medium is psychic and may be spiritualist", I disagree with this on the principle that psychic ability is based on a knowing/6th sense. I have met psychic mediums who choose not work on a spiritual level.

I do agree with you that there is no guarantee that a medium will be able to communicate with a spirit or the spirit of your choice, so if nothing happens, than a medium should not charge.

If this happens to anyone, please let me know and I will investigate it further.

Have you checked my blog Scorptech?I have a lot of experience in this field too.

James Randi worked for years as a psychic, and wrote books teaching "Psychic development" btw before deciding he'd make more money out of debunking. Most professional psychics can't maintain a high percentage of accuracy as it requires intense concentration and breathing techniques to access the powerful intuitive areas of the subconscious. Most so-called psychics don't even try. I had a reading from a tarot reader in a market on the Long Mile Road recently. She told me my problem was boredom with my 9 to 5 job,that I'd be renting somewhere new (unlikely as I own my house) and advised me to go for a job as a sales assistant because thats where my talents lie. I havent worked 9to5 for over 20 years, adore my work which takes me all over the world lecturing, as well as writing and teaching. Strangely she did'nt tell me I'm a "bit psychic" like most of them do. I've had thousands of readings in my time, never had any accuracy from working psychics, found some very talented enthusiastic amateurs though.

mysteria wrote:
    Have you checked my blog Scorptech?I have a lot of experience in this field too.

No I can't say I have. I had a look at the blog list but your name wasn't on it, so if you can point me in the right direction than I will be more than happy to have a read.

I think we both agree that we will disagree with a few things regarding spiritualism, however, weak will people or people suffering from depression should stay away from anything spiritual as they leave themselves open to manipulation by people who do not have their best interest at heart.

I was, and am, fortunate to be around people who are true to what spiritualism is, which is a way of life. Universal law, karma, positive energy etc.

This is what I am interest in, promoting the positive side of spiritualism and the way of life. You do not have to be a medium to be a spiritualist, as spiritualism is a way of life, however, most people who come into spiritualism tend to want to develop their psychic/spiritual abilities.

I think if you click the word "blog" under my username you'll find my info. There is a lot more if you click on the word "more". (Not trying to be condescending)Didn't know about a blog list. Ask Margaret Neylon about me.She was running a Centre two friends of mine from New Zealand worked in.

never had any accuracy from working psychics, found some very talented enthusiastic amateurs though.
    I've found this to be the case also. I have a few theories as to why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

solas wrote:
    James randi is a fraud. I suggest you do more reading on him.
    All the tests he has conducted have been to his design, when someones abilties don't fit, he moves the goalposts. He has no intention of giving away 1,000,000. dollars.
    mysteria wrote:
    James Randi worked for years as a psychic, and wrote books teaching "Psychic development" btw before deciding he'd make more money out of debunking.

James Randi performed as a stage magician and escapoligist before becoming a "full time" skeptic and debunker and setting up JREF.

The $1,000,000 is very real, and now most challenge applications and the process by which both the challenger and JREF agree on the test criteria are posted on the forum attached to the site.

Can you provide me with a title for this book James Randi wrote on "Psychic Development"? Even a website with a scan of its cover would do, but I'd prefer an ISBN and publisher.

many thanks

I'm sure there was a reason for Doris Stokes' application being refused. The criteria has to be agreed on beforehand and is normally negotiated between the staff and the applicant on the site. How many bogus applications(I believe ALL of them to be bogus actually) do you think JREF gets every day? Considering the amount of money involved quite a FEW I'd say!

• Advertisement

Maybe your theories are similar to mine Solas. I feel Psychic energy is inconsistent, it takes a lot of practice to switch it on at will, and focus it. Really deep relaxation is what I find helps get it flowing. It also appears to me to ebb and flow according to lunar and solar energies, and can be affected by physical factors, health, tiredness etc. I think a lot of readers start out genuine, but greed and/or ego takes over. It's a 2 way process, so trying to read for a closed mind is more difficult if you're an empath, intuitive or telepath. It doesn't affect Clairvoyants(by that I mean people with precognitive abilities, who predict the future). Such a fascinating field....

Advertisement