Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Free Card Offer (Expire 18 Feb)

Options
  • 14-02-2019 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Revolut free card offer is back via referral link saving £4.99. Revolut offers no fee exchange in 24 fiat currencies up to £5,000 per month and lets you spend abroad in over 150 currencies with the interbank exchange rate. Plus no fee ATM withdrawals up to £200 per month.

MOD EDIT: REFERRAL LINKS NOT PERMITTED

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

don't think you can use referral codes here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

It's asking me to top-up by €10.
    Are you sure it's free?
    Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

askU wrote: »
    Are you sure it's free?
    Any link?

Only working for new customers, they ask you to top up 10eu but nothing will be taken away.

If you already have a revolut and have not ordered a card, wait til it prompts you for a free physical card

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Referral links dont do anything any more anyway I don't think, maybe unlock crypto but surely everybody has that now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The card is free, but they have just shift the charge to paid postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

TallGlass wrote: »
    The card is free, but they have just shift the charge to paid postage?

They post it free. Couldn't recommend the card enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

JeffKenna wrote: »
    They post it free. Couldn't recommend the card enough.

I only ordered a card on Monday. I already got a free card. But this time I was charged for the card and postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Referral links dont do anything any more anyway I don't think, maybe unlock crypto but surely everybody has that now.

Unlock a free metal card. Invite 5 friends to join Revolut, and when they have signed up, verified their identity and ordered their first physical card, we'll give you a 12 month Metal subscription for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Do you have to pay the Government €30 stamp duty with this card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

didarejedi wrote: »
    Revolut free card offer is back via referral link saving £4.99. Revolut offers no fee exchange in 24 fiat currencies up to £5,000 per month and lets you spend abroad in over 150 currencies with the interbank exchange rate. Plus no fee ATM withdrawals up to £200 per month.

MOD EDIT: REFERRAL LINKS NOT PERMITTED

Cheeky. Trying to get a free metal card....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Barr wrote: »

Only if you physically use it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

And only joined Boards today. Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was curious as to the advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

askU wrote: »
    Are you sure it's free?
    Any link?

You top up by €10 but that's yours to spend.
    GBX wrote: »
    I only ordered a card on Monday. I already got a free card. But this time I was charged for the card and postage.

Only first one is free.

It's a debit card, not credit. So you only pay the stamp duty. 12c for each ATM withdrawal etc, up to a max of €5 if used as an ATM card and for payment in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Wheety wrote: »
    You top up by €10 but that's yours to spend.

Only first one is free.

It's a debit card, not credit. So you only pay the stamp duty. 12c for each ATM withdrawal etc, up to a max of €5 if used as an ATM card and for payment in shops.

You don't pay anything at all, not even the €5, to the Government if you avoid Irish ATMs. Foreign ATMs are OK. There's no charge for using it in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

jakdublin wrote: »
    You don't pay anything at all, not even the €5, to the Government if you avoid Irish ATMs. Foreign ATMs are OK. There's no charge for using it in shops.

Seems I misunderstood the €5 max for combined ATM and debit card to mean 2 different uses for it.

Looks like the max charge might just be based on the type of card but charged per ATM withdrawal (in Ireland) in either case. I don't think I've ever had just an ATM card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

It's not a credit card so no. Standard debit card stamp duty would apply if you use it in an ATM in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They add 12c to every withdrawal, presumably up to €5 as it's a debit card but I've never used it more than once or twice a year so can't confirm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Unlock a free metal card. Invite 5 friends to join Revolut, and when they have signed up, verified their identity and ordered their first physical card, we'll give you a 12 month Metal subscription for free!

Where did you see that offer, I don't see it?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭Kidkinobe

Ive had Revolut for a number of years and was never charged any fees...what I spent on my card whether here or overseas was what was taken from my revolut acc..Ive upgraded to the Metal card just recently, about 130 Euros a year which includes all the extra add ons, medical insurance when travelling, delayed flights or lost luggage, got one free pass to an airport lounge and a reduction if you want to use lounges in future. I bought the upgrade because of an FX bank transfer, to take advantage of the live rates, saved me almost 3 K compared to the next best exchange company. Plus I will be doing about 4 months overseas this year in various countries so the medical insurance will be handy. Metal also gives a 20% reduction on insurance for my phone, I smash it, get it wet, stolen etc, its replaced. Plus metal has the concierge, An AI system on the app that can book me flights, hotels, events, a car...ra ra ra...plus the Hardened aluminium card is pretty cool...Took it out of my wallet to buy a round of drinks a few days back and it slipped from my fingers, making a big thunk on the bar top, people were like, WTF kind of card is that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Is there any point ordering this card before the 18th . Looking at the posts seems like the card is free anyway?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I only got oe in the last month. Can't recommend it enough! I buy a lot of things online in other currencies. I usually get charged a bit extra to what the internet says I should be charged, and now I'm getting the internet exchange rate. I often got little charges on my debit card for foreign exchange on Kindle, no more of that! And €200 free withdrawls outside the Eurozone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

Does it say in writing anywhere if you refer people that you can get a free metal card for a year? I checked their site and it seems it's only for Austrian and portuguese residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

I had a popup to refer 5 people by Feb 18th to get metal for a year for free. I invited someone after the deadline and they got a standard card with free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Are these cards useable as a contactless debit card here in Ireland? If so what are the fees per transaction?
    Otherwise what is the advantage of using them for online purchases? Like when I spend online right now am I not getting the interbank rate for currency conversions? On ebay/Amazon I always select to pay in the currency of the sellers country so thought that means you get the interbank rate????

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Search the forum, there is a huge discussion thread on the Revolut card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement