Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coolaney. Good or Bad???

Options
  • 13-08-2011 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi, Can anybody tell me what Coolaney is like as a place to live in, We are hoping to move out there in the next few months, have our eye on a house there, not too sure about the area. any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Really the same as any area, good and bad.
    I don't know much about the various estates. The village itself can get noisy especially at the weekend with the three pubs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

We looked at a lovely property there about 3 years ago. But I just found it a bit isolated. I drove in from the Collooney side, about a 6km drive and seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Now I was new to the area at the time. I remember thinking to myself that I would not want to negotiate that road in a bad Winter! The road did not bother my husband, but the fact that there was no phone signal did! So it was a no go for us but wish you all the best with your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭waterboy15

The road from coolaney to n59 was closed last winter but collooney road was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I worked with a few people who lived in Coolaney and they couldn't make it to Sligo with the bad roads during the icy period but as far as I know it's a lovely place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

We were looking at a house up beside the Mountain Inn pub in an estate called Rockfield Manor, seems to be a nice spot for kids. any advice????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Rockfield Manor is really handy for the school.
    There is also a lovely kids playground in the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

magnumlady wrote: »
    Rockfield Manor is really handy for the school.
    There is also a lovely kids playground in the village.

Hi Magnumlady.

That what drew us to Rockfield Manor, the school and church is right beside it, and I think that shop and pub is open for business, although it was closed last time I passed it, Rockfield Manor appears to be a quite little estate all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tgirl

Sorry this reply may be a little late, I have lived in Coolaney for four years I love it nice community spirit I have also heard great reports about local schools, only drawback pubs are quiet I tend to go back into town to go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Thumbs up for Coolaney from me :)

Lived there for a few years and found the folk friendly and welcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

cant say anything bad about coolaney - out there but great community spirit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

Thumbs up from me too, great spirit to the village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Sorry for. The mega bump Lol,

Thinking of leaving Dublin for sligo, coolaney is an option.

Still a nice spot?

Advertisement