Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price of Composite door

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Can someone please shed any light on the PM thing again. Its just so funny at this stage.

Lots of people recommending places they used and then this big top secret PM.

it's like that sketch in Sesame Street......psst.....do you want to buy a bottle of fresh air.

I am getting a house of windows and doors, has anyone any any good companies they used recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭geo88

Also interested in the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TeresaW

Has anybody used Larkin doors and windows for me composite doors? If yes would you recommend them?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

anewme wrote: »
    Can someone please shed any light on the PM thing again. Its just so funny at this stage.

Lots of people recommending places they used and then this big top secret PM.

it's like that sketch in Sesame Street......psst.....do you want to buy a bottle of fresh air.

I am getting a house of windows and doors, has anyone any any good companies they used recently.

Read the forum charter?

Look at Facebook for examples of the sorts of issues that this causes. People shilling and slagging companies off right left and centre. Which is fine if you're Facebook and can afford to shrug off legal action, but boards.ie isn't up for that.

So negative recommendations get edited out due to the risk of legal action, and you're only left with positive recommendations which can't be countered, so it gives a false impression that the companies/products being recommended are universally praiseworthy. And since the big companies ship more product they'd have more positive recommendations, which would give an entirely inaccurate picture of their competence.

It also makes the mods jobs more difficult, as they have to figure out the genuine opinions from the shills and the competitors.

Lumen wrote: »
    Read the forum charter?

Look at Facebook for examples of the sorts of issues that this causes. People shilling and slagging companies off right left and centre. Which is fine if you're Facebook and can afford to shrug off legal action, but boards.ie isn't up for that.

So negative recommendations get edited out due to the risk of legal action, and you're only left with positive recommendations which can't be countered, so it gives a false impression that the companies/products being recommended are universally praiseworthy. And since the big companies ship more product they'd have more positive recommendations, which would give an entirely inaccurate picture of their competence.

It also makes the mods jobs more difficult, as they have to figure out the genuine opinions from the shills and the competitors.

I get that about legal and all..... but the if you read this thread, there are a lot of recommendations from people who are happy to recommend who they have used. Then there is this one top secret company.

This is also a positive recommendation.

I dont get why some people are happy to name a positive recommendation, yet this one also positive is only available by PM. Then everyone gets curious and asks for that one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mickmc2018

TheBody wrote: »
    That seems like a high cost.

I got a palladio composite front door with side panels on both sides, as well as a pvc back door installed for €2,900. Only got it done about 3 weeks ago, so the quote is current.

Send me a PM if you want to know who installed mine.

EDIT: Here is a picture from the brochure of what I had done.

Attachment not found.

@TheBody pls can you send me on info on your palladio composite door. Thanks

I do think there should be a rule that if you want the name of a company, you can PM the person. This craic of a whole thread ruined with PM requests is a bit annoying to read through. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chr15

I was quoted €1700 for composite door recently. Place in Goatstown opposite The Goat if people want to look it up themselves. I went there on the recommendation of a family member who had gotten theirs there and were very pleased.

I do think there should be a rule that if you want the name of a company, you can PM the person. This craic of a whole thread ruined with PM requests is a bit annoying to read through. :o

The only feedback on this mysterious company apart from the OP is the person who said they tried to contact them a few times and they never responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

2 months in now with the Palladio door....extremely pleased with it
    Tested well in the last 2 weeks with the winds and not a peep coming through
    Their double seal works great
    Money well spent and looks really good aswell
    No more curtain in the hall to keep the hear in form that draughty Munster Joinery heap of crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m on the hunt for a composite front door no side panels. If anyone one would mind PM’ing me their recommendations I would appreciate as there is a ton of companies out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SticksStones

I’m on the hunt for a composite front door no side panels. If anyone one would mind PM’ing me their recommendations I would appreciate as there is a ton of companies out there!

and I'll second that - recommendations appreciated, looking for quotes for a front door that aren't the price of a small child!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

1 Palladio Composite Hall Door with 2 Side Lites

• All doors and frames manufactured by Profile Developments.
      • Delivery is approximately 4 weeks from date of order.
      • Payment Terms: Deposit and balance on completion.

Current Price For Door €2695.00 ( incl VAT)

This is a current quote from a company in ballymount, D12....

the mystery company in longford didn't reply to messages/emails. i think the pm situation came about because there is a bonus for referral for business

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Jocelynel wrote: »
      1 Palladio Composite Hall Door with 2 Side Lites

• All doors and frames manufactured by Profile Developments.
        • Delivery is approximately 4 weeks from date of order.
        • Payment Terms: Deposit and balance on completion.

Current Price For Door €2695.00 ( incl VAT)

This is a current quote from a company in ballymount, D12....

the mystery company in longford didn't reply to messages/emails. i think the pm situation came about because there is a bonus for referral for business

Try Celbridge window systems they did mine and all my windows and doors in early 2015....no association to company just a satisfied customer. My Palladio was less than half of that price.

Ive been shopping around for windows and doors and the prices varied by up to 7K!!!!

Prices of a composite door (no side glass etc) varies from c. 1700 to 2200.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

anyone any new recommendations? looking for compisite door with 2 side panels and a top panel, also looking for one or two sets of french doors, depending on prices. quotes from 3k-4k for front door alone

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

copeyhagen wrote: »
        anyone any new recommendations? looking for compisite door with 2 side panels and a top panel, also looking for one or two sets of french doors, depending on prices. quotes from 3k-4k for front door alone

did you ever find a better price for door ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Any suggestions for a good supplier of reasonably priced composite door, north sligo/leitrim, south donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

Got a quote of €2200 for replacing a front door. New door is a Palladio door with one side panel. Would this price be the going rate for a door of this type? Based in South Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

galteeboy wrote: »
        Got a quote of €2200 for replacing a front door. New door is a Palladio door with one side panel. Would this price be the going rate for a door of this type? Based in South Tipp.

Prices can be anything from 1600 - 2400, Tbh depends alot on how much work there is getting your existing door out. If its tough then would eat into labour costs.

Your quote wouldnt be cheap but not necessarily pricey either. Shop around as always.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

listermint wrote: »
        Prices can be anything from 1600 - 2400, Tbh depends alot on how much work there is getting your existing door out. If its tough then would eat into labour costs.

Your quote wouldnt be cheap but not necessarily pricey either. Shop around as always.

Cheers for that. Have priced a few places and that is the first place to get back with a quote. I presume palladio doors are the most common and best type around at the moment.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

galteeboy wrote: »
        Cheers for that. Have priced a few places and that is the first place to get back with a quote. I presume palladio doors are the most common and best type around at the moment.

Price isn't everything. Fit and finish counts for a lot. I've heard Munster are cheapest a few times, but I've a heard their workmanship is terrible (multiple refits required). Perhaps that's their Cork fitters only, but good to be cautious of a cheap price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Just a caution - was swapping window quites with a friend recently and she had ordered new windows and a door just before the covid hit and paid a hefty upfront ordering fee ( whole house) - company mow closed, she is assured the order will come through after the backlog when the factory in another country re-opens. With the amount of uncertainty and companies expected not to make it I would be very cautious about paying cash upfront on anything or ordering anything at the moment.

I had literally a day before got my windows done adnwas waiting for third to be done - when I dropped by the company had literally shut down - and I mean overnight without warning.

They did do amazing work thou . No better time for buyer to beware :0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

we paid about 2700 for our palladio
        2 side panels
        got some extras like same colour on inside and some frosted glass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Price isn't everything. Fit and finish counts for a lot. I've heard Munster are cheapest a few times, but I've a heard their workmanship is terrible (multiple refits required). Perhaps that's their Cork fitters only, but good to be cautious of a cheap price.

Recently got MJ future proof ent door. Door panel and side panel both triple glazed, around €3500.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Munster doors are cheaper because the frame and door are made separately. So fit may not be as good.

It's obvious too. The frame is always white and the door is whatever colour you choose. Doesn't look as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭rameire

windows and doors companies are opening tomorrow.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Recently got MJ future proof ent door. Door panel and side panel both triple glazed, around €3500.

Ouch.!

Picked this Camden Palladio up for 999 eur. Side panels integrated . Self install so not for the faint hearted obviously.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

listermint wrote: »
        Picked this Camden Palladio up for 999 eur. Side panels integrated . Self install so not for the faint hearted obviously.
        that's not a composite door it's a pvc door with a panel

Advertisement