Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celbridge

Options
  • 07-01-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just wondering what is the easiest & cheapest way to get from Hazlehatch & Celbridge station to Leixlip ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Wagon360

Hi folks just wondering what is the easiest & cheapest way to get from Hazlehatch & Celbridge station to Leixlip ?

Bicycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

local public transport too difficult

shuttle bus to celbridge, bus to maynooth and another bus to Leixlip

an option is train to drumcondra and change to train to leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Rawr

Wagon360 wrote: »
    Bicycle!

I've done that cycle a lot in the past. It's mostly flat and not too hard.
    Could easily be taken with a fold-up bike too, if you are commuting by train to that station.

Which part of Leixlip are you heading to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Does the hp/ Intel bus still run maybe ? Otherwise there is no direct public transport between celbridge and leixlip .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Does the hp/ Intel bus still run maybe ? Otherwise there is no direct public transport between celbridge and leixlip .

There's still a shuttle bus for now, but it's only for staff. OP hasn't said what they are looking for it for.

Are you based from that area or commuting to Leixlip from somewhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Rawr

There's still a shuttle bus for now, but it's only for staff. OP hasn't said what they are looking for it for.

Are you based from that area or commuting to Leixlip from somewhere else?

Also that bus is only useful if you've gotten as far as either HP or Intel.

I'm making the assumption that the OP is commuting to Hazelhatch station and then on towards Leixlip for work. (Please correct me if I'm wrong OP). Thus the options I'm imagining are either existing public transport or a folding bike to bring with on the train.

I'm also assuming that the OP wants to go to HP or Intel (there are other things in Leixlip, but these are the 2 big employers).

Via Public Transport
    Hazelhatch -> Intel
    -Shuttle: Hazelhatch Station -> Celbridge
    -67: Celbridge -> Maynooth
    -66: Maynooth -> Intel

This might work out as a commute, but would depend on how long you'll have to wait for the next 67 / 66. Sometimes they are not very often.

Hazelhatch -> HP
    -Shuttle: Hazelhatch Station -> Celbridge
    -67: Celbridge -> Backweston Stop (Towards Dublin)
    -Walk: Backweston Stop -> HP (About 15-20 mins)

You could also go: Shuttle -> 67 to Maynooth -> 66 to Leixlip Village -> 66B to HP, but that would probably take an absolute age to do.

Via Bike
    Hazelhatch -> Intel
    Via Celbridge Village and north - 30 mins (mostly flat - a bit of a climb out of the village, but loads of fun on the way back ;D)

Hazelhatch -> HP
    Via Celbridge Road (Towards Dublin, then take turn for Leixlip) 15-20 mins (mostly flat)

If this is a regular commute I would tend to recommend the bike as it faster and there's less waiting about. You can also be fairly certain of when you'll arrive at the train station.

Hope this helps :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If commuting there, there might be a better option. Going to Heuston and getting whichever 66 variant takes them to where they want to get to in leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Why is there no PT connection from Hazelhatch to anywhere close by like Celbridge does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hugh Jampton

Why is there no PT connection from Hazelhatch to anywhere close by like Celbridge does anyone know?

Err.. there is..

Look at Hazelhatch on this link: http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

There are feeder buses to and from Celbridge via the Main Street and terminating at Salesians College on the Maynooth Road. These have been in place since the line opened in 1994. However, while I lived in Celbridge, and I am sure since, there was never any promotion of this outside of the rail timetable, and the service was known to its regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Indeed there is a mini bus from the hatch to celbridge. It's run by a neighbour of mine ... very useful sometimes if the bus is empty when we get to Aldi she drops me home ... door to door service;-) .

• Advertisement

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Indeed there is a mini bus from the hatch to celbridge. It's run by a neighbour of mine ... very useful sometimes if the bus is empty when we get to Aldi she drops me home ... door to door service;-) .

Sharon is sound!

Err.. there is..

Look at Hazelhatch on this link: http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

There are feeder buses to and from Celbridge via the Main Street and terminating at Salesians College on the Maynooth Road. These have been in place since the line opened in 1994. However, while I lived in Celbridge, and I am sure since, there was never any promotion of this outside of the rail timetable, and the service was known to its regulars.

Tut, tut, tut Transport for Ireland. Yet again another cock-up.

The feeder bus from Celbridge to Hazelhatch station doesn't exist on the Journey Planner.

http://journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?itdLPxx_template=odvbox#std3_ac_date

No wonder the poster Spanish Eyes didn't think it existed.

To go anywhere, go to A-B.ie with a big pinch of salt, and tweak the settings by googling for other transport providers.

Advertisement