Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation.ie - feedback.......worked for me

• 04-01-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hiya
    I just wanted to give everyone a bit of encouragement - that its possible to lose weight. I tried everything from Weight watchers, lots of exercise, protein shakes etc etc. I was on a plane back from holidays in September and sitting beside a woman - we got talking and she was telling me about how she lost her weight with motivation.ie - i was skeptical but was so sick of it that i thought i would give it a go.....

I have to say i am so happy i tried - ok i only had a stone to loose but sometimes a small amount of weight is harder. I dont feel deprived on the plan and have a yummy protein chocolate bar every evening which is really something to look forward to....
    I was actually told at my last consultation that i was 2lbs underweight and had my allowanced upped! - thats the first time ever that i was told i was underweight and it was very surreal!!
    Anyway i know lots of people are skeptical about this plan and other plans but i wanted to give some positive feedback - after 5 weeks i had dropped to my target weight - there is lots of emphasiase on the programme on mental weight and i figured out why i was eating the things i was - when i was and this is why - even over Christmas, i havent put on a pound - i cant believe it!

anyway good luck to all those people desperate to loose weight - it can be done.......happiness is definately a loose waistband!!!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

That's great it worked for you but isn't it really expensive? It's basically low carb with a bit of counselling as far as I know but correct me if I'm wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

That's great it worked for you but isn't it really expensive? It's basically low carb with a bit of counselling as far as I know but correct me if I'm wrong..

Yes thats the kind of comments i got when i logged on to boards.ie before i did the programme but its much more that low carbs - its dealing with the reasons why we eat, pig out, triggers etc.....considering i am now thin and happy I think it was value for money - a bit on the pricey side but i just cut down on a few nights out and a few shopping trips.....i bet if you added up a few failed diet attempts over a few years it would add up!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Fair point! :) there is a cheaper way than dropping 800 smackers though.

Sorry if I'm a bit cynical, just know two people who lost 3 stone+ with motivation but it's all back on now..which is true of any diet, but if I'd spent the best part of a grand on it that would be the kicker ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Im always skeptical. I lost 5 and a half stone through getting up and doing it all myself and educating myself. But if it works for you, who am i to judge.

Advertisement