Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Career change- maths teacher looking for a new career

• 26-10-2020 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I’ve been a maths and science teacher for 3 years and really don’t like it. I’ve a first class honors in my Undergrad (BSc) and masters (BEd). I also got very good LC points but not sure that matters now..

I’m looking to move career but don’t know what to do. I’m thinking management or business but don’t know who would consider employing me since I’ve no business background. I have experience managing summer camps and that’s the height of it! I’ve very good communication, organization and leadership skills as I am a teacher. Any ideas welcome. Feeling down beat that I don’t like my career which I trained 5 years for, but I’ve to be honest with myself. Based in south east

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

What's your BSc in??

Depending on the answer, have you thought about getting into the sciences sectors??

With a maths/science background, there are opportunities in the pharma sector and possibly in the medical device sectors without any real major commitment to further education.

You would be starting at the bottom again, and you may take a financial hit (no idea what teachers earn) but wages are pretty good once you get going

Just saw this was from last year.:rolleyes:

Advertisement