Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Anybody knows if they'll be delivering to motels on Sunday, Christmas Eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

doomshine wrote: »
    Anybody knows if they'll be delivering to motels on Sunday, Christmas Eve?

Looks like saturday is the last day and, that's for parcels received by Friday 11am

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005863785-Parcel-Motel-Christmas-operating-schedule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

Anybody know what the situation is with lost returns? I've a package sent back since the 6th with no update to Topman and it seems to be in limbo. Just showing 'Outbound' from Dublin as of the 12th of this month with no delivery. Emailed support but just said I'd ask here in case anyone else has advice from past experience... I know they'll be so busy

EDIT: I've just read posts about not using PM for returns and their poor service. Oh fun... lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

"no support agents are available to take your call, please leave your name, number and email and we'll get back to you shortly"

argh ! I'd happily sit and wait on the line.........you think they would have learned from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Anybody know what the situation is with lost returns? I've a package sent back since the 6th with no update to Topman and it seems to be in limbo. Just showing 'Outbound' from Dublin as of the 12th of this month with no delivery. Emailed support but just said I'd ask here in case anyone else has advice from past experience... I know they'll be so busy

EDIT: I've just read posts about not using PM for returns and their poor service. Oh fun... lmao

I've used them a good few times without any major issues. Haven't send to Top Man before though.

Last one was Collect+ send on Sunday and arrived into Belfast today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

whiterebel wrote: »
    Anyone who does customs clearance and lays out Vat/Duty on your behalf will charge. If you can do that yourself for €15 go ahead.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: oh look a smart alec.

I'd gladly do it, and I'm blessed that most of my packages get through without having to pay anything thankfully. I specifically ask sites not to use couriers and most of them are happy to oblige. €15 is a total tip off, no one asks them to clear customs on peoples behalf so they have no business doing it, but you clearly don't mind paying that ridiculous sum. Even An Post who charge ridiculous prices can do it cheaper than €15.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

shocksy wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: oh look a smart alec.

I'd gladly do it, and I'm blessed that most of my packages get through without having to pay anything thankfully. I specifically ask sites not to use couriers and most of them are happy to oblige. €15 is a total tip off, no one asks them to clear customs on peoples behalf so they have no business doing it, but you clearly don't mind paying that ridiculous sum. Even An Post who charge ridiculous prices can do it cheaper than €15.

Anything attracting Vat and or Duty must be customs cleared. Who would you suggests does it? Tell the courier the next time you don’t want them to clear it, and tell them who you would prefer to do it.

If you find someone who will employ a person to do customs entries, pay for the software, and keep about half a million in their VAT account for customs for nothing, do let us know, the whole forum would be interested. An Post is €10 and losing money hand over fist.
    And try answering without the smart comments and roll eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Hi lads, been using PM for over a year with 10 deliveries a week but came across a problem first time today. The pin would not work when collecting my parcel , got an error with QR code today. The parcel is still showing as stored on my account.

Anyone else ever experience this , if so what is the best way to get it sorted?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

dan786 wrote: »
    Hi lads, been using PM for over a year with 10 deliveries a week but came across a problem first time today. The pin would not work when collecting my parcel , got an error with QR code today. The parcel is still showing as stored on my account.

Anyone else ever experience this , if so what is the best way to get it sorted?

Check in your account the locker is your selected locker, I think if a locker is busy the move users to a locker in another location that's not as busy.

Other than that contact them by Phone, Twitter , etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

nava wrote: »
    Check in your account the locker is your selected locker, I think if a locker is busy the move users to a locker in another location that's not as busy.

Other than that contact them by Phone, Twitter , etc

You were spot on. Seems like they installed another one a mins walk away from the current one. The location names were exactly similar with just one work different in the two. Now I know theres two, I have been wondering why all deliveries recently have been very quick compared to waiting upto 4 days last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭colly10

They say their cut off for delivery tomorrow was they must recieve today at 11 am.

I send to newtown abbey, got a mail at half 2 today to say it’s in their dublin depot.

Is the 11 cut off the time they must recieve it in the North or the time it must arrive in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

colly10 wrote: »
    They say their cut off for delivery tomorrow was they must recieve today at 11 am.

I send to newtown abbey, got a mail at half 2 today to say it’s in their dublin depot.

Is the 11 cut off the time they must recieve it in the North or the time it must arrive in Dublin?

It's either I think but the cut off was yesterday at 11am I think - details here:
    https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005863785-Parcel-Motel-Christmas-operating-schedule

Damn I was reading the 2015 schedule where 23rd at 11 was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Parcel was delivered to the north this morning and got notification to say it arrived in Dublin this afternoon. Just got a text now to say it's in my locker for collection so got it just in time.

Just got the same, fair play to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I'm thinking about buying a TV online but weary of the oversized charges eating into the savings difference.. has anyone any experience getting a TV shipped through PM? It'd be a 55"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I didnt put the PM on the delivery and only noticed now that its with the courier .I emailed support and put a thing on the diary.My name is on the package,what usually happens now when this happens ,how long does a delay take.I am guess it has to go to the dublin depot and then on to the collection point(Mayo) so I guessing it will be a few days late maybe more with the busy period.
    The parcel was ment to delivered on the 28th so 29th ment to be in my locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I didnt put the PM on the delivery and only noticed now that its with the courier .I emailed support and put a thing on the diary.My name is on the package,what usually happens now when this happens ,how long does a delay take.I am guess it has to go to the dublin depot and then on to the collection point(Mayo) so I guessing it will be a few days late maybe more with the busy period.
    The parcel was ment to delivered on the 28th so 29th ment to be in my locker.

Backlog for the few days off means no way it'll be Antrim -> Mayo in 1 day. At a guess 3.

If you wait till its delivered and do the find my parcel process with the tracking number they scan third party numbers into the system too and it will instantly "claim" the package as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Has anyone used their return service to return something to the UK that has a prepaid royal mail label? Was it a good experience? I have something ordered from google UK that needs to be returned.

I had a google and I found a guy who used it twice with RM prepaid labels. The first one was lost before reaching royal mail as he made a mistake with the service he chose (PM covered the loss). Second made it to it's destination safely.
    cefh17 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about buying a TV online but weary of the oversized charges eating into the savings difference.. has anyone any experience getting a TV shipped through PM? It'd be a 55"

I had a 55" TV delivered from parcel wizard last month and they only charged me the normal €3.85 rate. Parcel Motel were gonna charge €36 according to their calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

ED E wrote: »
    Backlog for the few days off means no way it'll be Antrim -> Mayo in 1 day. At a guess 3.

If you wait till its delivered and do the find my parcel process with the tracking number they scan third party numbers into the system too and it will instantly "claim" the package as yours.
    Just an update.
    Was delivered by DPD in Antrim yesterday at 9.20am, I got a message at around 6pm that my parcel was in there Dublin Depot and then I got a message today around 11 am that the parcel was ready for collection in there Castlebar location.
    I did update the diary on the Web page with the tracking number but overall I was very impressed and arrived same time as if I hadn't messed up the address.
    Well done Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Hi

I ordered some items from Amazon UK and they arrived with Parcel Motel in Belfast and then to me a few days later.
    The box was open when I got it from the Parcel Motel locker and Parcel Motel say that its not their fault and to contact Amazon for a replacement.

Anyone else had experience of this?

Thanks
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

mathie wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered some items from Amazon UK and they arrived with Parcel Motel in Belfast and then to me a few days later.
    The box was open when I got it from the Parcel Motel locker and Parcel Motel say that its not their fault and to contact Amazon for a replacement.

Anyone else had experience of this?

Thanks
    M

They usually take a photo of the package once it arrives at their sorting facility. That pic is usually emailed to you. Have you checked the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

givyjoe wrote: »
    They usually take a photo of the package once it arrives at their sorting facility. That pic is usually emailed to you. Have you checked the photo?

Yes.
    The photo is taken from above and the parcel was open at the side.
    So you can't see if it was opened before or after the photo was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

givyjoe wrote: »

Not that it means squat. Last one I got you couldn't tell what had happened to it.

VwHaSE3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

I had a similar issue recently,pocket sized item , got nowhere with it outside of getting a replacement from an amazon 3rd party, which cost me the difference, as it was more expensive price and a refund of the parcel motel fee. I also hightlighted my concerns that I've noticed quiet a few packages "tampered" with in recent times but nothing missing ! I only have these "tamperings" with the pm items and nothing that has come through other routes /services

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭feedthegoat

That's unusual, never had any negative experiences with them. Once got a delivery of 2 black now ties that I didnt order but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

This is ridiculous "not our fault" if a employee in Parcel Motel hears this they might want to chance their arm. There should be a full investigation and sack whoever stole your parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Motels have CCTV and you're entitled to see images of you held on it so ask them to review the CCTV images to prove it was opened on arrival and say you want a copy of it.

You're insured up to x amount so they're responsible. No point offering an insurance service if they tell you to go away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with PM thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I got the missus a fitbit for Christmas and the box was torn open between the photo in the warehouse and me collecting it. The fitbit was still intact but someone obviously had a look to see if it was worth robbing. I rang them up to complain and they didn't care. Last time I'll use the service.

Advertisement