Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Eurogamer: I played five indie games on Switch and they were all good

Not "great" or "fantastic", just "good". They all do look "good" though, especially Steamworld Dig 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Anybody here get Bomberman R ?
    I love bomberman games but the 3d-ish view is really putting me off.
    I'm sure I'll get used to it, but always seem to misplace the bombs - they always seem to drop a square ahead of where I want them...

Anyone ? Class ? Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got it, but haven't played much of it yet, because Breath of the Wild exists...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone ? Class ? Anyone ?

Bueller...
    Bueller...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Anybody here get Bomberman R ?
    I love bomberman games but the 3d-ish view is really putting me off.
    I'm sure I'll get used to it, but always seem to misplace the bombs - they always seem to drop a square ahead of where I want them...

Konami is working on control-update for Super Bomberman R

https://twitter.com/KONAMI_DE/status/840154350429261824?s=09

• Advertisement

What are people's opinions of this now - a few days in? I still can't determine whether it's must-buy or not, especially given the near 400-price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What are people's opinions of this now - a few days in? I still can't determine whether it's must-buy or not, especially given the near 400-price tag.

I'm absolutely loving it personally. It's a really impressive piece of kit and I've probably only had it docked for about 2 hours total since I got it. Partly because I'm waiting on my tempered glass protector and also because I'm mostly playing around the house/on the commute.

Is it must buy? Maybe not particularly if you have a PS4/Xbox One already as there's still a ton to play on those systems with more amazing games coming out in a few weeks time.

If you have a Wii U, there's probably no need to buy until November. That being said, I'm sure there's a few Wii U owners who would kill to take Zelda on the go with them but it's probably not necessary to *ahem* switch right now.

It boiled down to hype and excitement for me. I had to get one, I have one and I am really enjoying it. Or rather, I'm enjoying Zelda. It feels great and plays well.

I know there's concerns about content but I like the look of some of the indie titles, Mario Kart around the corner and Splatoon 2 coming very soon. I'm happy to take my time with Zelda but the system as a whole is gorgeous and is likely to replace my 3DS for gaming on the go.

My only regret is not going for the Neon joycons but I am very impressed with it and have no buyers remorse.

With regards to Zelda, has anyone played it on the Wii-U? How does it compare to the Switch. Zelda is the biggest reason to get it, but realistically its hard to justify buying a totally new system for one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

That_Guy wrote: »
    My only regret is not going for the Neon joycons but I am very impressed with it and have no buyers remorse.

Yeah I got a grey replacement unit and after owning the neon for a few days, the grey just doesn't compare. Still good, but the neon really grew on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Yeah I got a grey replacement unit and after owning the neon for a few days, the grey just doesn't compare. Still good, but the neon really grew on me.

There was a mix up with my order - I definitely ordered the grey one - I didn't open the box and brought it back to swap it for grey - my friend has the neon and I kind of regret it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Many of you playing bomberman? Seems vastly overpriced but I can't wait for it to drop in price

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

IGN reviewers said in that video Sligeach posted in the other thread that there isn't much difference at all between Wii U & Switch versions of BotW.

I'm curious about Bomberman myself, haven't even seen it running, seems hard to justify the €€€

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I did it! Finally collected my switch and played snipperclips with the gf and her neice.

A word about Nintendo's Account system: dumb.

I had to change my email address to nollog from Nollog.
    The amount of facepalming i had to do that...

The Account linked to my user but eshop refused my password because my email address had a capital letter.

Maybe it's really difficult for Japanese developers(DeNA) to check for case, but damn.

Hi guys - I have 5 32gb Sandisk micro SD cards - can I use them to store different games I download from the Nintendo Store or am I better off buying a 128gb or 256 sd card? Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Danick wrote: »
    Hi guys - I have 5 32gb Sandisk micro SD cards - can I use them to store different games I download from the Nintendo Store or am I better off buying a 128gb or 256 sd card? Any help greatly appreciated.

If you're comfortable with having to power the Switch completely off every time you want to swap game, its fine. Also, there may come a time that a game is larger than 32GB. Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 is already 32GB download. Hope that helps.

pcadhain wrote: »
    If you're comfortable with having to power the Switch completely off every time you want to swap game, its fine. Also, there may come a time that a game is larger than 32GB. Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 is already 32GB download. Hope that helps.

Thanks a million for your reply - looks like I will opt for a bigger mini SD card - I had no idea the games were that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So charging and playing with a battery pack that outputs 2.4A seems to work for anyone who was looking into them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

VinLieger wrote: »
    So charging and playing with a battery pack that outputs 2.4A seems to work for anyone who was looking into them

I have one with a 2.1A output that I need to see if it works.
    I have the find the thing first though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone try the charging grip? Wonder if it works for the disconnect issues since power is being provided to it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Weirdly, I've found the controller disconnect occasionally with the left neon joy con, but don't think I've experienced it yet (touch wood) on the grey joy cons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Star Lord wrote: »
    Weirdly, I've found the controller disconnect occasionally with the left neon joy con, but don't think I've experienced it yet (touch wood) on the grey joy cons.

i have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Why Nintendo Switch games are ending up more expensive
    No Rime nor reason?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-10-why-nintendo-switch-games-are-ending-up-more-expensive

On a side note, I'm not a fan of this thread's title.

"I've SWITCHed! - General discussion"

Many of us haven't made the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sligeach wrote: »

On a side note, I'm not a fan of this thread's title.

"I've SWITCHed! - General discussion"

Many of us haven't made the Switch.

theres another thread for people who haven't switched

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057712843

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

dunworth1 wrote: »
    theres another thread for people who haven't switched

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057712843

:rolleyes: I said the thread's TITLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The old switcheroo play is a title I would suggest, if we were changing the title of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

This is the Switch Owners discussion thread, renamed. The general discussion thread for the NX / Switch got shut down last week following it's release. If you want to post here, you need to go an buy one. Do it! DO IT! BE ONE OF US!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well fou n d one big issue with the switch. WiFi is absolute ****e. I've no problem connecting with any device but the switch rarely connects to the router downstairs and when it does the connection speed is awful. Have to undock it and sit beside the router to get a connection. Looks like I need to get the wired adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

May be related, Retr0. Nintendo are allegedly looking at a firmware update to fix.

Nintendo Switch Wi-Fi Issue Could Be Why Your Games Keep Dropping Frames

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Wi-Fi is dodgy alright. Brought the Switch home to my parents' house at the weekend and couldn't get it to connect for love nor money. This was despite holding the console right next to the router. No problems with it in my own place mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mr E wrote: »
    May be related, Retr0. Nintendo are allegedly looking at a firmware update to fix.

Nintendo Switch Wi-Fi Issue Could Be Why Your Games Keep Dropping Frames

Gonna test this later and just keep the thing on airplane mode docked and undocked to see what happens

Advertisement