Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

As of 23:31 8th of March.

Double Dungeons - FPS RPG and not for people who like a good plot.
    Galaga - Old shmup arcade port, good but not worth shelling out for in my opinion.
    Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - This is where my money is going this week, fantastic game (also hard)

Although, in my opinion, all these releases (bar G 'n G) are overshadowed by the news that Nintendo have put in for an ESRB rating for Star Fox 64 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ohhh ghouls n ghosts :(

Damn that game is hard.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ghouls n ghosts

where's me credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 retrogamer

I only beat super Gn'G recently and don't think I'm up for that hardship again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I don't think I could stomach GnG.

Really hoping they will release Rad Gravity though, for the NES. Never got around to finishing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played GnG last night for an hour.... classic game (very hard though).

Interesting to see that some existing games got updates (Mario Kart, for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ooohhh.. just bought a 2000 points Wii Card.

Used to have Super Ghouls N Ghosts on the SNES - stupendous game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wii, the home for shootemups?
    I like to see the ThunderBlade III/IV on it, maybe Hellfire and Parodius too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hold on a sec, we seem to have 2 retrogamers here, a battle to the death, a couple of games of 3D Death Chase should do it, oh yes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thats an old one I had set up which I thought wasn't working because I couldn't get in the CS forum. Posted that on the crappy PSP browser so got lazy with the 0.

Don't you mean Thunderforce III/IV, Thunderblade was awful. Thunderforce III/IV are two amazing games. I remember when TFIII came out and the fire level had the row scrolling background and people were raving about how the MD was easily capable of Mode 7 :)

Never really liked Hellfire. Parodius on the other hand was an excellent take on gradius. I'd love to see Parodius: forever with me but we will only get the SNES version. The Saturn version had crazy japanese running commentry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

'Do a Barrel Roll!'

I'm praying for Lylat Wars tonight.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    'Do a Barrel Roll!'

I'm praying for Lylat Wars tonight.
    Oh God, if that comes out i'm buying more Wii points tomorrow... hot damn.

The Virtual Console hasn't really grabbed my attention enough lately, i've filled the void with Excite Truck (Mirror Mode :mad: ) and FF12. I'm hoping for something amazing.

There were no Wii points in Gamestop Santry today :(

Would love to have lylat wars for my recovery on monday.

As of 23:40 15th of March

Ice Climber - Another of those classics that i don't want to play anymore. Meh.
    Splatterhouse - God i've missed this game... i just hope they haven't screwed up the music.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - It's good but no Turtles in Time.

Nice lineup this week, damn you Retr0 for getting my hopes up. Unless i find money enough for Wii points i'll be skipping this week again, Splatterhouse was fun... but not that much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Splatterhouse.... Man I totally forgot that game existed. Sweet!!!:D

Crap week guys..... We want Lylat/Majora!

Really bad week.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Absolute Rot. Stick to the XBLA classic instead.

Splatterhouse: Disgrace of a game with only the gore going for it. It isn't even that gorey tbh.

Ice Climbers: aged badly but still a bit of fun.

I'll be drowning my sorrows all weekend and torturing myself with awful FFXII on monday.

Nintendo currently have Lylat Wars re-rated so was hoping for it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Turltles is great. It was one of the first games I ever got and I actually only finished it recently enough via an emulator. Great game, if you have patience, but let's be honest, it's pushing 20 years old now so it's not going to have the same appeal.

As of 23:32 22nd of March

Zelda: A Link to the Past - Definitely worth buying, in fact i'm downloading it right now :)

One title? I mean... this isn't xBox Live we have here, this is the Virtual Console. Meh, better than nothing.

Ninja-stealth edit: They've added the original Castlevania to the list between 1 o'clock this morning and now. Mistake or just late compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hot Damn! Tryin to get online now! :D

• Advertisement

Just one game? (granted, a good one, but come on...)

ESRB Update:
    ESRB wrote:
    Final Fight |Capcom |E Violence |Wii
    Mighty Bomb Jack |Tecmo Inc. |E No Descriptors |Wii
    Street Fighter II Turbo |Capcom |T Violence |Wii

:)

Final Fight on the Snes is a pale imitation of the arcade original.

But screw that. SF2T FTMFW!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

has anyone on here who downloaded VC games got that GAME Gamecube controller? I wanna know if it works with them VC games.

All gamecube controllers work with VC games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

The_B_Man wrote:
    has anyone on here who downloaded VC games got that GAME Gamecube controller? I wanna know if it works with them VC games.

They don't according to posts on here. Only the Nintendo ones do.

People are having trouble with the Game brand GC controller in VC games.

Does anyone know if you can change the controller configuration with VC games. Some don't have it in the in game options and the default control scheme on the GC pads are usually terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't think you can change it Retr0.

I tried playing DKC with my GameCube controller, and it was enough to make me go out and buy a classic controller... :D

As of 00:04 30th of March

Dragon's Curse - ???
    Punch-Out!! - Another of those 'secret iconic' games that aren't great anymore.
    The Legend of the Mystical Ninja - F*cking Goeman, i hate that guy.

This had to happen i guess, we get a fair few awesome titles thrown our way with a few mediocre titles to prey on the curious or nostalgic and then... and THEN, as we await something to blow us all away, we get this lot.

Maybe it's my bitterness speaking as i go another week without my Lylatwars fix... meh, i'm buying Heatseeker tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Punch out isn't great but Super Punch out is one I'd love to play again.

Advertisement