Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending batteries to Europe

• 04-05-2021 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭

I've to post some toys to Europe.(Very long story).
    All the four toys contain batteries.
    I'm just wondering how do people get on with posting batteries to Europe with An Post?
    I've heard mixed things.
    Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You don't. They won't accept them. Either find a ground courier such as DPD or TNT, or courier such as UPS. Lithium Ion are prohibited, but usually once they hear batteries of any sort they won't accept. Couriers are usually ok, and ground forwarders shouldn't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭ei9go

You need to go to ecoparcel.eu and gls will accept them but you need the warning sticker on the parcel so it doesn't go by air.

ecoparcel will be the cheapest, cheaper than booking gls direct and look out for 5 euro off your first parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

as above, any ground shipping service. DPD, GLS, UPS Standard. And with so many flight delays, it will probably get delivered faster. DPD have 3 days service to Benelux / Germany, 4 days to many others and 6-7 days for Italy, Spain, Portugal and Nordic. Just make sure the address is 100% correct especially the postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks for the advice.
    The person who is asking me to do this now wants me to go with an post again and just take out the batteries.
    I take it thymus will be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Thanks for the advice.
    The person who is asking me to do this now wants me to go with an post again and just take out the batteries.
    I take it thymus will be okay?

What country is it for?

Delivery could take up to 2 weeks due to continued lack of flights.

I'd go DPD/UPS, both will probably be cheaper than An Post, tracked, Insured and delivered within a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

silver2020 wrote: »
    What country is it for?

Delivery could take up to 2 weeks due to continued lack of flights.

I'd go DPD/UPS, both will probably be cheaper than An Post, tracked, Insured and delivered within a few days.

I'm doing a favor for somebody and they sort of set an post and it's better just to go along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Varatha

Hi All,

I have an advert posted to sell my iPhone 12 and got an interest from a UK resident, The person wants to post the phone to UK address and willing to bare the shipping costs and agreed to pay upfront through Paypal.

Do you guys think it's safe to do so? If so what's the best way to send the phone to UK, Will there be custom charges?

I have the phone listed for €675 unlocked to all networks

Appreciate your inputs. Many thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You can't send a phone by post, An Post won't accept Lithium batteries. You can try the road freight operators like DPD, or UPS road. There will be VAT and charges on it going to the UK. I would have thought it would be cheaper to buy one in the UK? There's an old trick to dispute it via Paypal, saying it never arrived or the box was empty, Paypal normally side with the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Varatha

That was my initial thoughts too, why not to buy a phone in UK! Thanks for letting me know about the PayPal trick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am having hassle returning a bosch saw with 2 batteries to amazon France. They have told me to use any courier and they will refund, but I can't find a courier in Ireland that will accept batteries without a business account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ecoparcel Ts & Cs seems to say that batteries aren't accept, although their green/red symbols are a little confusing.

Will they accept a camera with battery to be returned to Amazon in Slovakia, do you think?

It says if the battery is connected, so inside the camera, it should be ok. If you use DPD or GLS it will be ok anyway as they go by road.

Advertisement