Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircode - some gps giving wrong directions to my house

• 22-03-2021 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Didn't know where else to post this but some couriers have mentioned that their gps gives them wrong directions to our house.

So our house is very near a motorway and instead of them getting off at the village a few miles before our house they end up going by the turn off and passing our house and exit. It happens with some couriers but not all so i'm guessing it depends on the gps they are using. Anyone any idea what I could do about this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have the roads changed in the last 5 years? Could be maps out of date on the device. Good way to test would be with Google Maps on a phone, these will be up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Not your problem if their sat nav doesn't work. The most likely reason is the settings that they are using, which is why it only affects some, which is either bringing them the fastest route instead of shortest.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

This was discussed also on a recent thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058140013

I don't think they pay attention to the directions or look at the map from the GPS/google maps but just stick in the eircode and hope for the best.

The only advice I can give is verify that if you type in your eircode in google maps and some other starting point, make sure the directions are correct, i.e. that it brings you to the entrance of your house and not the closest point between your house and another road. If its wrong, request a change in google maps:
    https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Advertisement