Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Decided to record a 30 min race lastnight but forgot to hit record hotkey until lap 2 :rolleyes:

Really enjoying ACC even in its unfinished state.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

sorry to bring up an old thread, but any Ac or ACC irish servers?

Anyone running the latest SOL 2 and CSP?

I recorded a few laps of my first outing with them until i crashed :P
    Simply stunning job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Dcully wrote: »

Simply stunning job.

Jesus that looks amazing... as nerdy as it sounds, the direction of the rain on the windscreen changing as the car navigates the track is gorgeous...

I got into sim racing earlier this year on console but plan to upgrade to PC in the coming months. I wonder how well ACC will look on the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

That looks amazing. I have AC installed but I haven't installed SOL yet. Haven't played too much, just a few short races of Silverstone and Mondello. Only playing ACC at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

Simply stunning job.

Does it have weather physics also, as in wet tracks with less grip?

I remember the Devs excuse for not implementing weather in AC ,was that it would too take much to rewrite the games engine or graphical engine, can't remember specifically.

Then some bedroom coders come out with this without access to source code?
    I bet the Devs could easily have done it, they just didn't want to.

Does it have weather physics also, as in wet tracks with less grip?

Work in progress or experimental at the moment and needs to be enabled.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looks amazing

• Advertisement

I have to say i really enjoy the newer sims [or maybe better to say officially supported sims] like rfactor2,ACC,Raceroom and AMS2 but that AC you see in those videos ive been playing the last week or so has given me some of the most immersive and downright scarey simracing ive ever had.

I have to say i really enjoy the newer sims [or maybe better to say officially supported sims] like rfactor2,ACC,Raceroom and AMS2 but that AC you see in those videos ive been playing the last week or so has given me some of the most immersive and downright scarey simracing ive ever had.

I was honestly shocked with some of the clips you posted.

Would you mind giving me a breakdown of the PC you have that runs this? I'm thinking of moving from console to building a PC for sim racing.

Many thanks in advance.

Thats actually scary, I don't know how you are driving with such little visibility.

Pitch dark + rain = brown trousers

Keyzer wrote: »
    I was honestly shocked with some of the clips you posted.

Would you mind giving me a breakdown of the PC you have that runs this? I'm thinking of moving from console to building a PC for sim racing.

Many thanks in advance.

First off youtube compression takes a hell of a lot out of those videos, the real time gameplay is 10x better looking and smoother.
    My spec is 8600K [the K series are designed to overclock so mine is overclocked to 4.5ghz but have room to go even faster]
    Its still a very powerful gaming CPU even if there are newer offerings from both intel and AMD the difference is only a few frames per second.
    I also have a 1080TI again not the newest tech but still a great GPU but almost impossible to find these days.
    I run it all on a 2560X1440 144hz 1ms gsync monitor and never drop below 100 fps on all my games.
    Two years ago this would be a top spec PC but even today as i say its only a few frames behind the latest more expensive spec.

Sadly its a bad time to be building a PC possibly the worst ever ive experienced thanks to both covid and brexit.
    Please God this will change in a few months.

The lads on the pc building forum will see you right for a build.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

My advice whenever you decide to make a move is consider one of the professional builder sites to build it for you.
    I actually got scan to build this one and it was €40 cheaper than if i bought the parts myself so i saved on any potential stress if the build didnt go to plan or anything.
    There are many more similar sites.
    I have built in the past, some went flawlessy one not so good and took many weeks to sort hence why i went with scan to build.

If you decide to do the same or self build the lads over on that forum will suggest spec for you.
    The biggest deciding factor is if you want to go more than 60hz/fps more than 1080p as that is the biggest factor in deciding on hardware components.

For example many simracers run 1080 60hz screens as 60hz is fine for simracing thus not needing as much horsepower.
    If you plan to play more game genres then i recommend 1440 144hz if its within your budget.
    The extra pixels and smoothness makes a big difference to gaming as a whole.

If you did make such a move the difference is night and day between a pc and console for simracing both in terms of sims on offer, compatible hardware etc.
    Then you have mods for PC and thats what your seeing in my recent AC videos, it really opens up a whole new world to explore on top of the already vast content available.
    Then you can go the competitive or fun planned leagues or race communities if you so desire, again there seems to be an infinite amount of choice these days.

Remember though after you get a good pc you can spend literally anything on simracing gear, anything from €300 to €4000 for a wheel alone.
    Again it really is infinite what you can invest.

Thanks for the detail here, really appreciated.

I'm running on PS4 (for now) with:
      Logitech G29
      GT Omega Pro Cockpit
      Console is straight into a 60 inch QLED 4K Samsung (I'd hope to use this when I switch to PC)

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're talking approx €1K for the GPU alone?

Its been a while since I built a PC, seems the prices have gone through the roof.

Absolutely nothing wrong with G29 or that stand.
    Im using a g29 still, suits my needs perfectly that being able to mount/dismount wheel from my desk easily and quickly.
    Being honest i could do with better pedals than the stock G29 ones as i do enjoy non traction control or ABS cars a lot and for braking in particular they are not amazing but i get by :)

Keyzer wrote: »
    Thanks for the detail here, really appreciated.

I'm running on PS4 (for now) with:
      Logitech G29
      GT Omega Pro Cockpit
      Console is straight into a 60 inch QLED 4K Samsung (I'd hope to use this when I switch to PC)

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're talking approx €1K for the GPU alone?

Its been a while since I built a PC, seems the prices have gone through the roof.

No way in hell id be paying 1k for a gpu alone , prices are crazy now for the newer GPUs and really dont offer much more than what i already have for 1440p 144hz gaming hence ill be holding off for a long while yet before upgrading myself but then again there is no game out there that my pc cant get very nice framerate from,

What refresh rate and response time has it?
    As i say for simracing 60hz is perfectly fine and 4k 60hz requires a lot less horsepower than 4k high refresh rate gaming thats why i mentioned 1440p 144hz is really the sweetspot but the hardware to run 4k 60hz will also run 1440p 144hz easily for if and when you wanted to go this route with a good gaming monitor.
    If your going to play other genres too then its hard to beat a good monitor.

I know many guys who only use their PC for simracing and a TV is perfectly fine.

No way in hell id be paying 1k for a gpu alone , prices are crazy now for the newer GPUs and really dont offer much more than what i already have for 1440p 144hz gaming hence ill be holding off for a long while yet before upgrading myself but then again there is no game out there that my pc cant get very nice framerate from,

What refresh rate and response time has it?
    As i say for simracing 60hz is perfectly fine and 4k 60hz requires a lot less horsepower than 4k high refresh rate gaming thats why i mentioned 1440p 144hz is really the sweetspot but the hardware to run 4k 60hz will also run 1440p 144hz easily for if and when you wanted to go this route with a good gaming monitor.
    If your going to play other genres too then its hard to beat a good monitor.

I know many guys who only use their PC for simracing and a TV is perfectly fine.

I'll check and come back to you.

I'll do some research on recommended specs for both ACC and Rfactor2 (both look similar). Having said that, I want to make sure whatever I buy is future proofed as best I can.

Thanks again for the info.

Assetto Corsa and in particular Automobilista 2 are the easiest to run in terms of hardware requirements.
    Automobilista 2 in particular is fantastic in this respect looks stunning and runs great even on low to medium spec machines.
    ACC requires better spec than pretty much any sim out there and is no go with VR.

Assetto Corsa and in particular Automobilista 2 are the easiest to run in terms of hardware requirements.
    Automobilista 2 in particular is fantastic in this respect looks stunning and runs great even on low to medium spec machines.
    ACC requires better spec than pretty much any sim out there and is no go with VR.

Thanks dude.

Looking into it last night, seems the specs are high enough but not insane.

Thanks for all your help.

• Advertisement

Testing the newest version of CSP until i spun out just as i felt some grip coming to me.

Testing the newest version of CSP until i spun out just as i felt some grip coming to me.

Looks amazing...

Tried a few laps on SPA last night in the dark, I found it ridiculously difficult.

Advertisement