Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint rollers and brushes

• 16-12-2020 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

How do I dispose of paint rollers and brushes that were not cleaned after use?

Looking it up online shows me a US webpage that it general household waste but I don’t think that it is - a further search just brings up how to dispose of paint.

And rollers and brushes don’t show as either acceptable or unacceptable on any recycling centre website I check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

How do I dispose of paint rollers and brushes that were not cleaned after use?

Looking it up online shows me a US webpage that it general household waste but I don’t think that it is - a further search just brings up how to dispose of paint.

And rollers and brushes don’t show as either acceptable or unacceptable on any recycling centre website I check.

Black bin/general waste

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

Depends on the company you are with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I would be dropping them off into the hazardous section of amenities as could depend on whats on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

greasepalm wrote: »
    I would be dropping them off into the hazardous section of amenities as could depend on whats on it.

Regular paint.

Thank you for the information. The centres I looked up only listed but if they take the brushes and sleeve too that is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

salonfire wrote: »
    Black bin/general waste

Waste companies don’t allow paint in a skip so I thought the same would apply to anything with paint on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Regular paint.

Thank you for the information. The centres I looked up only listed but if they take the brushes and sleeve too that is ideal.

If it's water based paint them it will still wash off, even if dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Advertisement