Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges by Company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Olaz

I'll get in line!!! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

foggy_lad wrote: »
    No they are not. they must keep customers on the prices they were paying before July 1st,

Another example of the companies being unscrupulous and the minister being totally useless! He's only fit for the bin!

Acording to awd facebook page tag and bag customers who dont have an account will need to sigh up to a new account and it will be the new pay by weight rules.

I thought the government said nobody waste cost would increase this year but if i have to sign up to a new pay by weight account my annual bill wil jump from €195 to €387.40.

And you dont have to option to sign up to a pay by lift to get the old rate before july 1st as its been removed from the website despite its still june.

Doesnt seem right bin tag and bag customers can be screwed over like this just because we didnt have an account?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Olaz

Vickers, AWD website has been updated. I'm now completely overwhelmed by the number of options!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

Olaz wrote: »
    Vickers, AWD website has been updated. I'm now completely overwhelmed by the number of options!!

Yes seen that!

I Set up an account today pay by lift €11 for a black bin and €3.75 per green lift happy enough with that as i am saving a euro per lift versus tags.

I notice they are offering a pay by weight option with no service charge
    but its 65c per kilo of waste and 35c per kilo of recycling

http://www.awdgroup.ie/app/index.php?task=product&cat_type_id=4

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Psychobabble

For the attention of any Greyhound customers; I'm an existing customer who paid upfront in January for the whole year. After the Minister's announcement, I had been waiting for them to get in touch via email, or update on their website as to what they were going to do.
    Just rang them there now and they said, in the case of existing customers, they would automatically transfer them to pay-by-weight on July 1st, unless they inform Greyhound that they want to stick with their existing plan (which I did). If we had been transferred to pay-by-weight, I estimate we would be paying much more for the rest of the year.
    So any Greyhound customers should contact them ASAP if they wish to stay on their exisiting plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Below from Greyhound term's and conditions:-

10.11 In relation to any rates chargeable by weight; in the highly unlikely event that GHH’s weighing system fails while collecting a Customer’s Bins, GHH will only charge the Customer based on the average weights of their Bins over the previous 4 collections.

Greyhound Customer's need to read these in full.

https://greyhound.ie/terms-conditions/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

No word from Thorntons but a message on their website "Not moving to Pay By Weight" and current price plans are frozen for 12 months.

I had sent them an email requesting a callback re: the matter before Coveney's announcement and had never gotten a reply. Don't need one now I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    No word from Thorntons but a message on their website "Not moving to Pay By Weight" and current price plans are frozen for 12 months.

I had sent them an email requesting a callback re: the matter before Coveney's announcement and had never gotten a reply. Don't need one now I suppose

Yeah, to be fair, I only went online looking for their number to call them. Can't be any clearer than that on the homepage

http://thorntons-recycling.ie/
    Household Customers
    We are NOT moving to Pay by Weight on July 1st 2016 and there is no need to contact us. Your existing Price Plan is frozen for 12 months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

City Bin sent me an email saying that they will revert to current charges - assuming the usage pattern remains the same. Seams reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Greenstar send out a text informing me that the government yesterday night has decided to delay to introduction of the pay by weight measurement and hence nothing will change for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I have moved house so looking up bin collection options, moved out of an apartment with communal bins so this is all new to me!

My options seem to be City Bin and Panda, neighbours on the road seem to have a mix between the two with Panda being the majority.

City Bin have a clear website with charges listed. €18 monthly flat fee for everything (black, green, brown), or €11.58 per month with 30c/kg black, 20c/kg brown

Then Panda, I can't see any costings on their website. From reading this forum they seem to charge an annual fee, a cost per kg and a cost per lift? Do I have that right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I am with City Bins and find that they are very good. As for charges, they appear to vary by area. They have a free phone number so that is good. They put the bin back where I left it so that is good. Panda does not collect in my area.

I am with City Bins and find that they are very good. As for charges, they appear to vary by area. They have a free phone number so that is good. They put the bin back where I left it so that is good. Panda does not collect in my area.

That's interesting, I put my road into the website to get those prices. Glad you like them. Do you find them reliable?

That's interesting, I put my road into the website to get those prices. Glad you like them. Do you find them reliable?

I did not say I liked the prices but I think they do a good job at collecting my bins, and that they have a free phone number unlike other bin companies that use a premium rate number and keep you on hold.

I am on a much better deal than you are being offered but have been with them for quite a while.

Oh I meant that you liked the bin company, no one likes the prices :D

I got through to Panda, all very quick in fairness.

€110 service charge for a year plus €9.05 per lift of the black bin. Green and Brown are included in the service charge. Sounds a lot less complicated than I thought it would be.

I see what you mean about the call costs! Chancers!

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just got a letter addressed to the householder from Thorntons offering save €50 - 1st year no service charge - 24 month contract (that's them getting the €50 back).

You then have to check the website and for Dublin grey €9.90, brown €4.90 and green free.

Anyone else get this offer or better?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a supplier for a very light users in Dublin 15?
    We've been renting an apartment for the last few years (where bins were included in rent) & i cant believe how expensive waste collection has gone in that time.

We have moved and i need to organise a bin provider.
    Its just me and my husband and i; we would mainly have recycling waste and would only need to put out a wheelie bin once every 4-6 weeks.

Do you know which bin companies serve your area? We have City Bin and Greyhound. No question that City Bin are much better than Greyhound - even the call to them is a freephone number while Greyhound is a premium number.

List out the alternatives and get some feed back.

Do you know which bin companies serve your area? We have City Bin and Greyhound. No question that City Bin are much better than Greyhound - even the call to them is a freephone number while Greyhound is a premium number.

List out the alternatives and get some feed back.

Hi Sam,
    City Bin and Panda both seem to collect in our estate.
    But i'm not sure about the rest; the greyhound tag seems to be reasonable but not sure they service my area.

Jacint a

Jacinta086 wrote: »
    Hi Sam,
    City Bin and Panda both seem to collect in our estate.
    But i'm not sure about the rest; the greyhound tag seems to be reasonable but not sure they service my area.

Jacint a

I pay about €10 + a month, and rarely put out the grey bin. Give City Bin a call and check their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Jacinta086 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a supplier for a very light users in Dublin 15?
    We've been renting an apartment for the last few years (where bins were included in rent) & i cant believe how expensive waste collection has gone in that time.

We have moved and i need to organise a bin provider.
    Its just me and my husband and i; we would mainly have recycling waste and would only need to put out a wheelie bin once every 4-6 weeks.

What is expensive? €25 + per month is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Agent_47 wrote: »

My waste and recycling bins collection cost me €352 a year. Only need to put one of each out once a month. This year we've been given allowance of 950Kg for the yaer, anything over and charged extra.
    Other companies slightly cheaper about €20 or so yearly, but with them you have to have the bins out night before (and will be filled by others, as happens regular)

I pay about €10 + a month, and rarely put out the grey bin. Give City Bin a call and check their prices.

Thanks Sam, City Bin don't offer pay per "lift" anymore; its either €18 a month or €206 per year.
    Panda was working out similar so we went with City Bin, based on customer service recommendation.

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Yes Agent_47 i would say €25 a months is expensive when you might not even have 1 black bin out in that time. I can imagine its good value for family's but we don't fit into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm with Greyhound, it's a €25 a month flat fee with green bin and black and brown bins collected on alternate weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,752 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

We are with Thorntons €16.50 per month flat fee - green and brown one week, black the next - I think max weight is 40kg but we would never go over that.

(I can see it has now gone up slightly to €17.50 http://thorntons-recycling.ie/domestic/customer-signup/)

Just looking at my bill - it is just short of €12 per month but that does not include a black bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Oxigen charge 25 euros a month for black and blue bin collection.
    They do 2 collections a month.
    I was wondering are there any cheaper than that around Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭measurement

What can be done when Greyhound take a topup payment from your bank account even though you switched off automatic topup? I am working my account down to nil, as I will be moving in a few months, and only expect to have 1 brown and 1 black bin lift before I go. I will have a balance of my annual charge (dublin city) due to me, which they can use to clean the bins, but yesterday, even though I have switched off auto top up, they took €50 from my account.
    P.S. Does Greyhound bother to monitor this forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Closov

Here's a spreadsheet for checking AES charges, it's a big old mess (like their prices) - probably not for the feint-hearted!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YOYU1IRsPY3cvV7ELP2al8ckqKBZrWU5X-a31KZXfEU

You do have to have a google account and make a copy to your own gDrive to use it. Pretty sure other companies could be added, but really not sure of its usefulness due to being over-complicated already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

gmisk wrote: »
    We are with Thorntons €16.50 per month flat fee - green and brown one week, black the next - I think max weight is 40kg but we would never go over that.

(I can see it has now gone up slightly to €17.50 http://thorntons-recycling.ie/domestic/customer-signup/)
    How's the Thorntons flat fee working out for people?

Is it 40 kg limit across all three bins? I see weights of 20+ and even 30+ for both compost and general waste bin, so we could easily go over the 40kg in a month.

Advertisement