Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008 Boards Fantasy League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Its 8 pm Irish time on the 19th, so that would be 7am depending if the 16 hours ahead is eastern time i think. This post is 1.22 irish time if that helps!! Confusing alright..

Yeah I keep boards on Irish time just so I know! Aren't the clocks due to change in Ireland in March? Not sure if it's before or after the draft. We change on the 30th.

If it's 7am then I'm kinda f*cked cause I'll be en route to work. Hmmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

AFAIK, the clock change is last sunday in March but i could be wrong. you may have to check back closer to the time for updates!! Sorry if thats no help..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah I keep boards on Irish time just so I know! Aren't the clocks due to change in Ireland in March? Not sure if it's before or after the draft. We change on the 30th.

If it's 7am then I'm kinda f*cked cause I'll be en route to work. Hmmmmm....

I just stuck it in when I was setting up. We'll change it to something that suits everyone...and there is a chat window in the live draft software

zuutroy wrote: »
    I just stuck it in when I was setting up. We'll change it to something that suits everyone...and there is a chat window in the live draft software

Ok well if it can't be altered then its no bother but I'd like to be in. Should I just enter a team anyway for the time being?

Ok well if it can't be altered then its no bother but I'd like to be in. Should I just enter a team anyway for the time being?

Yeah go for it. Anyone who can't make the draft can auto-rate all players in order of preference anyway...and even if you're entered but haven't done the auto rate, the computer will do the draft for you based on the Yahoo rankings.

If anyone knows any baseball fans, tell 'em to join up coz we're still short a few numbers.

• Advertisement

Yeah go for it. Anyone who can't make the draft can auto-rate all players in order of preference anyway...and even if you're entered but haven't done the auto rate, the computer will do the draft for you based on the Yahoo rankings.

If anyone knows any baseball fans, tell 'em to join up coz we're still short a few numbers.

Ok the West Coast Coolers are in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

Yo, im in now, i forgot my yahoo password!

No sign of Big Dragon yet....you in BD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Sweet been looking for soemthing like this since i got back from states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

No sign of Big Dragon yet....you in BD?

BuckyFcukingDent is in................

• Advertisement

I was thinking maybe the winner could get an MLB jersey of choice just to keep it interesting. Maybe if everyone who's in before the draft could ship me 10 euro on paypal or whatever, I can get the Jersey sent to the winner at the end of the year. If we've 10 people then 100 euro would get quite a nice jersey I think. Its up to you to trust me with your 10 euro. I won't disappear to Mexico I swear.

.......... I won't disappear to Mexico I swear.

....Dominican Republic is where I'd go....baseball mad country ;)

Im in.

OK, we've 10 now so thats enough for a decent league and hopefully one or two more will show up. Whats everyone's preferred time for a draft?

Ok well I'm gonna get my spoke in first!

Ideally morning/afternoon Irish time would suit me as it's evening time here e.g. 1pm over there is 10pm here.

Ok well I'm gonna get my spoke in first!

Ideally morning/afternoon Irish time would suit me as it's evening time here e.g. 1pm over there is 10pm here.

No offense mate but I'd say that's a bit early for the most of us...it certainly is for me. I would have thought 8/9pm Irish time would be best for most.

This is going to be messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

I don't really mind as i may or may not attend and just leave it up to faith. But late in the evening would be better for anyone who is doing it from Ireland right?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gilga

Looking for a league to join, have ye completed this one or is there another going?

Already in a couple but would like to be in one which is based in Ireland.

Go by Gilga Gorillas.

BigDragon wrote: »
    No offense mate but I'd say that's a bit early for the most of us...it certainly is for me. I would have thought 8/9pm Irish time would be best for most.

This is going to be messy.

Yeah, I think Xavi's gonna be out numbered...just do the pre-ranking thing if you can't make it.

League is still open Gilga

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gilga

Yeah, I think Xavi's gonna be out numbered...just do the pre-ranking thing if you can't make it.

League is still open Gilga

Cheers, I'm in. Looking forward to this.

:( Looks like I'm on to a loser so. Well if it's gonna be late at night Irish time could it be at 9pm? That means it's 6am for me so only have to get up a half hour earlier than usual.

How long does the draft take btw?

• Advertisement

ok we could do it at 9pm or 10pm Irish, that might suit everyone best. It takes around an hour I think

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

still open guys?? i'd be all for joining if the draft was no earlier then the 19th. bis demands for a newbie, i know, so if it dosen't suit no bother. but if u like i'll enter.

One place left...gogogogo..

i'll take it that's for me zuutroy... off i go!

ok i've joined. now, i'm travelling a bit over the next week so you won't hear anything from me up until draft time but i won't run away and i'll do my uptmost to be a committed player. lapland tomorrow, then back to ireland next wednesday morning, but i'll see ye in a week's time. Promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

This is actually my rookie year in a fantasy league, how many numbers at each position do we have to fill to complete a roster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Good chance I'll miss the draft-family occasion on Wednesday night.

Please don't let me end up with Julio Lugo at SS!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

WATPOAE wrote: »
    This is actually my rookie year in a fantasy league, how many numbers at each position do we have to fill to complete a roster?

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Thats all the positions. Bn is 5 bench players, can be any position.. Util is like a DH.. any batter..

I originally selected the draft for tonight at 8pm, so we'll just let it run then I guess. Anyone that can't make it, make sure to pre-rank the guys you want so you stand a chance of getting them!

is it tonight or tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Yes, its tomorrow. My bad!...

Advertisement