Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome

• 14-03-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭

Hi and welcome to the terminal illness forum. We hope that this forum will be of some support to both people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness, those who care for people who are terminally ill, and friends and relatives who possibly feel entirely helpless in the situation.

Please be very cautious about posting if you have not been in any of these situations. Though support is very welcome, if you haven't been in the situation you might not see all the angles. Also there is no 'right way' of dealing with any situation. One person might wish to have everything open and discussed and dealt with, another might be in total denial. Both have to be respected.

Some of you might wish to separate your situation /anger /grief or other emotions from your Boards identity. We cannot offer anon posting at the moment but we will try and organise it.

If any of you have experiences you would like to share, especially practical aspects of dealing with this very difficult time, please do so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭flutered

gonna wait for the advent of anon posting, then again i may not post, as i stated to a mod who tried to start this fourm, folks talking about the experiences of treatment are going to attracht an amount of lurkers, due to the side effects of treatment, when i pmed the mod, he/she kinda made a laugh of what i said, my pm was mentioned but not my name

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

flutered wrote: »
    gonna wait for the advent of anon posting, then again i may not post, as i stated to a mod who tried to start this fourm, folks talking about the experiences of treatment are going to attracht an amount of lurkers, due to the side effects of treatment, when i pmed the mod, he/she kinda made a laugh of what i said, my pm was mentioned but not my name

I really don't mean to be rude and I hope you don't think I'm making a laugh of your concerns but I've read your post a couple of times now and I can't quite understand what your concerns actually are :confused:

If you're looking for advice regarding symptom management, it is likely that it would fall under the realm of medical advice and you will be advised to return to your GP/Oncologist/Palliative Care team.

have you read my pm slowly, then read it again slowly, you will know then of my concerns, plus the concerns of the hundreds who post on boards and are afflicted, but have not posted on this fourm on this fourm, the concerns of the afflicted needs to be adresses first, otherwise it will not take off, i an not looking for advice thankfully

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

have you read my pm slowly, then read it again slowly, you will know then of my concerns, plus the concerns of the hundreds who post on boards and are afflicted, but have not posted on this fourm on this fourm, the concerns of the afflicted needs to be adresses first, otherwise it will not take off, i an not looking for advice thankfully

You never sent me a PM :confused: I still don't understand what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Flutered, I have to agree with Loop Zoop, I am also not clear what you are asking. What concerns of the afflicted are you referring to?

You may find that the long term illness forum is more suited to your needs; I recall from your posts in Forum Requests that you have been in remission for some years so it may be that this forum is not the most appropriate for you?

• Advertisement

Loop Zoop wrote: »
    You never sent me a PM :confused: I still don't understand what you mean.
    sorry, i forgot which mod i pmed

looksee wrote: »
    Flutered, I have to agree with Loop Zoop, I am also not clear what you are asking. What concerns of the afflicted are you referring to?

You may find that the long term illness forum is more suited to your needs; I recall from your posts in Forum Requests that you have been in remission for some years so it may be that this forum is not the most appropriate for you?

t.y.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod note

This conversation was amicably resolved by PM

Advertisement