Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dentist can someone recommend a good

Options
  • 10-08-2020 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good dentist last one I had hadnt a clue

I appreciate any advice thanks

Thank u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

torrevieja wrote: »
    Looking for a good dentist last one I had hadnt a clue

I appreciate any advice thanks

Thank u

Jack Grennan in Patrick Street, upstairs over Jim's barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Which area? This is who I go to and he is excellent, Vard Dental in Killiney

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I use Smiles in Dundrum, like all of the chain they are open 7 days, long hours and have transparent pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I use Smiles in Dundrum, like all of the chain they are open 7 days, long hours and have transparent pricing.

there quite expensive and are like robots not much friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Jack Grennan in Patrick Street, upstairs over Jim's barbers.

Been using him last 10 years. Cant go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Disagree, been seeing same guy in Dundrum for the last 10 years, they're just people at the end of the day with same qualifications.

Was sick of going to a dentist and only finding out the cost of something with the receptionist at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Another one here who uses jack Grennan. Very reasonably priced and always find him very good. Had a relative who went to smiles Dundrum the other week and there was a price increase and an €18 ppe charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's not really unless you expect ongoing treatment. The basics are in and around the same for all dentist plus there's the PRSI credit to set against costs if you qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I paid 15 eur for a clean and polish last week on the prsi. I go once a year. Hardly expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I worked in the Dental Hospital for years and the likes of smiles is just a franchise where the newly qualified boys and girls work, Rosie recommended Vards previously and I couldn't agree more, very experienced dental practitioner, I'd also recommend Ballybrack Dental, chap qualified in 2006 and is a very good dentist

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Terenure Dental is excellent. Lovely empathetic dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Terenure Dental Practice is lovely, very nice empathetic dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

TheW1zard wrote: »
    I paid 15 eur for a clean and polish last week on the prsi. I go once a year. Hardly expensive

Should of been free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I'd love a dentist who is good, smart, and has parking. A lot of them seem to be upstairs or have a bit of a trek from the parking to the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I'd love a dentist who is good, smart, and has parking. A lot of them seem to be upstairs or have a bit of a trek from the parking to the premises.

I assume when you say "a bit of a trek" from parking to the surgery you have some kind of mobility issue rather then just pure laziness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

McCrack wrote: »
    I assume when you say "a bit of a trek" from parking to the surgery you have some kind of mobility issue rather then just pure laziness

I'm far from lazy. Yes, it's down to several health issues. I've a blue badge but that's not always a panacea. It depends on the day in question and the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭howyanow

I went to SCR dental last week.
    Very pleasant experience.
    Lovely staff,prompt service.
    Will go back deffo

Advertisement