Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When was your first concert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

"Stone Temple Pilots in the SFX a few months later which was to be the scene of many a good night for years to come. I have a feeling I saw them at their best that night was only 14 though, never liked anything else they did outside of core and purple."

I was at this gig. They were supported by Three Colors Red, i think. This night was also notable as my mate and I wrangled our way into nearby pub Creavens for a late drink just before they closed. Only for the shutters to come down behind us and an all night lock in ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ash in Castlegar, Galway 2001

A little known British band named Muse were support

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Acdc point depot razors edge tour. First chords of thunderstruck began and my that was it.

Kings x supported a great very underrated band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Acdc point depot razors edge tour. First chords of thunderstruck began and my that was it.

Kings x supported a great very underrated band.

Was at that concert myself, go some AC/DC money from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Roanmore wrote: »

Was right next to speaker in the front row couldnt hear properly for about two weeks was absolutely great at 14 years old lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

McDave wrote: »
    AC/DC, Olympic Ballroom, August 1979

That’s 40 years ago! :0

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Roanmore wrote: »
    I still have mine.
    I wonder what the exchange rate is these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stella1976

I went to my 1st Motley Crue concert with my older sister when I was 14 back in 1990.

• Site Banned Posts: 41 thesiegeof

Was in Slane 84, Bob Dylan. Wasn't blown over by the performance but it wasn't the worst gig ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

December 1993 - SFX, Dublin - Therapy?, KERBDOG, Pet Lamb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Shihad with support from Head Like A Hole. In another time in another place.

1st stage dive too!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Bryan Adams. Brought my sister for her 18th birthday. She's turning 40 in a few weeks. Was a good first gig in fairness. Haven't seen him live since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Saw Metallica with Cliff on bass in the SFX in September '86.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cork metal band Mortuary in Nancy Spains in 1991. First 'big' band was I think Paradise Lost touring Gothic in 91/92. Around the same time I opted not to see Obituary touring Cause of Death in the same venue - not my best decision....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ daveyboy1975
    re"Acdc point depot razors edge tour. First chords of thunderstruck began and my that was it.
    Kings x supported a great very underrated band."

King's X have always been my favourite band. Seen them live 8 times and purchased tickets for their shows in Manchester and Wolverhamption later this month, only for the tour to be cancelled. Gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Sagats_knee

Garbage in The Point 1999 or Joe Satriani in Vicar St 1999 cant remember which came first.

Auld Joe was incredible. Shirley was pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Bon Jovi with Dan Reed Network supporting, Point Depot , 1990

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Avril Lavinge with Our Lady Peace, Point in March 2003 I believe it was....strange time....

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Bon Jovi with Dan Reed Network supporting, Point Depot , 1990

That was a good gig, DRN were great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Suicidal Tendencies and M.O.D. in The Top Hat,
    Dun Laoghaire 1989.
    Was 17 at the time.
    What a night!!!

I miss the nights in the Top Hat and McGonagles!

Some old tickets of mine I found when tidying up one day.

IMG-20190717-172323.jpg

• Advertisement

Saw Metallica with Cliff on bass in the SFX in September '86.

Saw Cliff playing with Jim Martin!!!

Only messing :pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    Suicidal Tendencies and M.O.D. in The Top Hat,
    Dun Laoghaire 1989.
    Was 17 at the time.
    What a night!!!

I miss the nights in the Top Hat and McGonagles!

Some old tickets of mine I found when tidying up one day.

IMG-20190717-172323.jpg

You must be of my vintage as i was at all those gigs too and always in McGonagles at the Metal Bash.:D

You must be of my vintage as i was at all those gigs too and always in McGonagles at the Metal Bash.:D

I should have plenty more tickets but don't know where they are now.
    Great times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yip ... same here.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Aah McGon's - memories of my first black eye from some pit fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭dasdog

Found some of mine from around the same era - a few tickets signed and some defaced by my mate Hego. Oddly I was going to less Thrash and lighter stuff around the age of 16. I'll make no excuses for Extreme or Skid Row other than I am sure I went to see Love/Hate who were supporting one of them.

To4IgQi.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I saw Paradise Lost on their 25th anniversary tour, what a yawn fest that was, I went to see Lacuna Coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

I think I was at 11 if not 12 of those.
    First was Anthrax in 89 (The Spitting one).

Alright Gar??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

"You're a Star" tour 2004. Think it was the year Chris Doran won it and Kevil Kilbane's cousin was runner up. Pure, unadulterated cringe.

• Advertisement

"You're a Star" tour 2004. Think it was the year Chris Doran won it and Kevil Kilbane's cousin was runner up. Pure, unadulterated cringe.

Have you any shame?? :P :pac:

Advertisement