Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kids Go-Kart

Options
  • 16-10-2020 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

That time of year has come around and the purse strings are tightly closed. My plan was to get my kids 2 go karts for a 7 and 5 year old but restrictions have to be made. Originally I was going with Berg so they had the second seat for younger brother/sister/friends but they are very expensive.

Just wondering what people recommend? any other brands or do I just have to bite the bullet and buy Berg? any recommendations would be more than welcome and thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

We have a single seater Berg and while they are expensive the build quality is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

We have a two seater berg for our eldest who will be nine soon. I’d say he got it the year he had just turned 7. Maybe the year earlier. It’s one of the best things we ever bought. I’m planning on getting the smaller one (the buddy ?) this Year for my 5 yr old. He has a buzzy which he’s way too big for. He can pedal the bigger one We have already, but I think the smaller one will do him a good while, and there’s two more coming behind him who will no doubt get great use out of it.
    You could find any of us spinning around outside on the go kart, and any child who comes to the house is drawn to it. I’d definitely recommend.

Look into the bike to work scheme, if you’re eligible, you may be able to get it through that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Also check the likes of adverts and done deal. Occasionally people sell them on in excellent condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

Thanks for the feedback, are they easy to push on grass? so peddle on grass? thats the majority of the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I would definitely say go with Berg if yout budget allows. I was in the same position last year and stupidly went for a cheaper one. The go kart is broke now, it started breaking a few months after it was got. Even making it up was a nightmare... no holes where there should have been , screws didnt fit. That was one horrible Christmas Eve assembly. Another request has gone into Santa this year for a proper go kart ( his words)..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

The 7 year old has said no and wants Barbie house so just for the 5 year old. Am I crazy going with the big double seat one for 500 odd quid?

Advertisement