Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drive down Luas Line

Options
  • 12-10-2020 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Followed Google maps and ended up on the Luas line near Smithfield in the car. Saw a sign saying trams only and couldn’t turn back so gunned it to next junction and got off it. Complete panic. Totally my fault. Any idea what happens next ? There was no tram on my side thank god. Should I call them up and tell them it was a total mistake ? Last time I go near that place in the car...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Valresnick wrote: »
    Followed Google maps and ended up on the Luas line near Smithfield in the car. Saw a sign saying trams only and couldn’t turn back so gunned it to next junction and got off it. Complete panic. Totally my fault. Any idea what happens next ? There was no tram on my side thank god. Should I call them up and tell them it was a total mistake ? Last time I go near that place in the car...

I feel like my car is going to end up on the Gardaí Traffic Twitter or something.., any ideas, can imagine it must definitely be penalty points !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Realistically nothing.

L1011 wrote: »
    Realistically nothing.

Thought I might get a fine. Surely they have cameras ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Valresnick wrote: »
    Thought I might get a fine. Surely they have cameras ?

They have CCTV but they have no ability to issue automatic fines.

L1011 wrote: »
    They have CCTV but they have no ability to issue automatic fines.

So you would need to be caught there and then by Gardaí ? Won’t ever be going into that area again in the car !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I've seen it happen a lot at James' hospital. The cars CAN drive on the Luas tracks Westbound, and some of them end up behind the Luas going into the hospital grounds. Difficult enough to reverse out onto the main road to "get back on track".

I know there are no entry signs and all the rest of it for the Luas in the grounds, but if you are demented because someone is very sick, or you haven't got your eye on the ball, it can and has happened.

I wouldn't worry about it. They only put clips on Twitter where some idiot has caused a collision or a moron just walks out on the tracks without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I've seen it happen a lot at James' hospital. The cars CAN drive on the Luas tracks Westbound, and some of them end up behind the Luas going into the hospital grounds. Difficult enough to reverse out onto the main road to "get back on track".

I know there are no entry signs and all the rest of it for the Luas in the grounds, but if you are demented because someone is very sick, or you haven't got your eye on the ball, it can and has happened.

I wouldn't worry about it. They only put clips on Twitter where some idiot has caused a collision or a moron just walks out on the tracks without looking.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    The day you end up driving across the Ha'penny bridge, I'd start worrying...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I wouldn't worry, OP - worse things happen in.......

Leinster House!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERQOTD6WkAAXCdv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Is there a car doing exactly that on the latest google Street view?

Advertisement