Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HELP - Web Design

• 08-10-2020 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

** Unsure where to post so posted twice - Mods feel free to fix if needs be **,

So I am looking to create a website but I am unsure whether I can create what I am looking for or would I need a professional to do it.

The website would be a live sports streaming website.

Main Features I would be looking for:
    Subscription model and pay per game
    Single code login (so multiple users can't use the same login)
    Video storage - Videos of games remain on page for members to view after the event
    Suggestion box feature

Would one of the website builders online allow me to create this (aware that I will likely need the paid features) ?
    I would prefer to try build it myself if possible and will happily turn to a professional if unhappy with the result.

What is cost of website development of that nature if I were to use a professional?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Hi. Just wondering about the legalities of steaming sports. Would you need some sort of licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 irishhombre

plenty of video subscription site systems out there....just do some more research to find one that fits your business model.

Vimeo is probably the best place to host subscription content.

remember, anyone can build a website...thats the easy bit, the hard part is getting people to come to it....marketing, seo etc....thats where the real cost is.

regards
    IH

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

video is a paid to host because files are so large and you need to save each vid in multiple formats so it works on all different browsers. better to use a separate service for that. As for the rest of the site, write a detailed spec of features, get wireframes done and then when ahhpy with layouts hire designer to do the high fidelity designs. Then give to a developer to code. It will cost id say about 10k at least

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

Uvex wrote: »
    Single code login (so multiple users can't use the same login)

That's a tricky feature right there. If you figure out how to do that reliably, give Netflix a call. They'll be interested. ;-)

Advertisement